2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bravo, well done 
mean.gif

@sea manup  rolling in his grave right now 
laugh.gif

@FisolaNYDN
Follow
A person close to Carmelo Anthony confirms that Melo, as expected, will inform Knicks on Monday that he's opting out. "One hundred percent."
1:37 PM - 22 Jun 2014

Surprise surprise

Last edited:
Small chance that happens, I hope it does though but I doubt it.

Its been real Melo, I'd wish him the best, but he's going to Chicago so **** that :lol:

Last edited:
No one's forgetting that, but he's not staying there so it's pointless to think about.

@FisolaNYDN
Follow
A person close to Carmelo Anthony confirms that Melo, as expected, will inform Knicks on Monday that he's opting out. "One hundred percent."

Surprise surprise
Opting out to resign.

After teaming up with an injury-riddled amare, I doubt he'll want to team up with an injury-riddled Rose.

Wade knows his days are numbered and is unlikely to leave 20 mil this year and 20 mil next year on the table. A decision that kills Miami's flexibility.

Last edited:

@FisolaNYDN
Follow

Surprise surprise
Opting out to resign.

After teaming up with an injury-riddled amare, I doubt he'll want to team up with an injury-riddled Rose.

Wade knows his days are numbered and is unlikely to leave 20 mil this year and 20 mil next year on the table. A decision that kills Miami's flexibility.
i thought wade was opting out for a 4 yr 50 mill deal

Of course Melo could re-sign, but it would be in the Knicks best interest if there is a S&T w/ Chicago. If they can get a few players + picks, they can actually rebuild the right way and be on a better track (by then they'll have cap space) to field a more competitive team. With the way the current Knicks team is constructed, there is no way they'll top teams like Miami/Indy or even upstarts like Washington or Toronto. For as weak as many people make the East out to be, the landscape has changed.

For Phil's sake, I think having him start with a relatively clean slate, in regards to a roster, will allow him to execute his vision properly. Keeping Melo on the team, you know what the ceiling is. Phil will buy himself more time by trading Melo.

Cant Phil just undercut this whole Chicago thing and trade him to the Clips for Blake? There's no way Melo or the Clips say no.

Everyone has expected Melo to opt out.. it means nothing because he's wanted to be a free agent and be pitched and fawned over by every team with cap space.

I think the Knicks can be a winning team with Melo. I don't think we'd be off to the right start by paying him his absurd max contract he could get from the Knicks, though. I'd welcome him back but for a reduced price so they could afford to bring in other pieces. I don't want to be paying him when he's 34 years old and eating up a ton of cap space and you can't field a decent roster around him.

I wouldn't fault him if he refused a discount and wanted every penny he could get.. go get your money. But I don't want to be the team that gives him his huge contract. Let him go somewhere else and compete, get a pick or two or maybe a decent prospect in return and don't take back any salary. Just rebuild and blow the **** up.

What I think will happen? He's going to to get the free agent star treatment he wants, get all the attention, then comeback and get his huge contract from the Knicks. Then he'll complain in 18 months that we don't have a good enough team around him because he's eating up all our cap :lol:

Knicks suck

no one wants to play there, Lebron doesnt and Melo doesnt either.

thatttt sucks

Why would the clips trade Quake for ball stopping Melo? Wtf

Melo isn't a ball stopper.

But that trade was just so damn stupid I think homie is trolling :lol: :lol: Blake hasn't even hit his prime yet and Melo's 30. Why in the world would the Clippers say yes to that trade :lol: :lol: as if bringing melo would make them better than what they are with blake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom