2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll wait to see if the last year is a team option (hopefully), but it's not the world's worst deal. Edit: The Orlando Sentinel's beat writer reported there's no team or player options for Frye.

It's an overpay because he's 31, but when you're as bad as Orlando, you'll have to overpay a bit to sign a guy. He'll stretch the floor and help out Orlando's very poor 3-point shooting... as well as being a veteran presence in a very young locker room.
and also he is cousins with Tobias Harris

The Afflalo trade looks even worse.

The Magic could've had Afflalo, Frye and Nelson to go with Oladipo, Vucevic, Gordon, Payton and Nicholson in the East.

Melo: New York
Bron: Cavs
Bosh: Houston
Wade: Bulls
nerd.gif
The Bulls medical staff would have their hands full.

The Magic could've had Afflalo, Frye and Nelson to go with Oladipo, Vucevic, Gordon, Payton and Nicholson in the East.
If they kept Afflalo they probably would never even target Frye

@JoelEmbiid: WATCH THE THRONE. THE LION KING is coming!!!! @KingJames #EMB11D #TogetherWeBuild

Embiid still out here recruiting :lol:

How did Frye get that contract 
roll.gif

what is going on in these front offices 
roll.gif

The wade fresh prince meme 
roll.gif

They already had cap space to begin with. It just would've been a case of adding more to the team salary for next year.

I forgot Harris and Harkless in my original post.

They already had cap space to begin with. It just would've been a case of adding more to the team salary for next year.

Nah Im saying, If they kept Afflalo I don't think Frye ever even crosses their mind.

They got Channing for his veteran/leadership type role more than anything.

That kind of left with Afflalo, he replaces it? Im thinking

Nah Im saying, If they kept Afflalo I don't think Frye ever even crosses their mind.
They got Channing for his veteran/leadership type role more than anything.
That kind of left with Afflalo, he replaces it? Im thinking
I guess you could spin it that way.

Doesn't seem smart to trade away a valuable piece like Afflalo, then spend $32M on Frye and $9M on Ben ******* Gordon in 2014.

Last edited:
At first I thought it made sense.. if you're going to let your youngsters run the team and gain experience, let your vets go somewhere else and have a chance to compete. Trade Afflalo, like you did JJ, when you know he's looking for a new deal after this year... and for Jameer, let him go and find a spot on a playoff team somewhere.

But then you go ahead and sign a guy like Frye for his veteran presence and shooting.. so yeah.. I don't know. He's a solid stretch 4, he'll free up the lanes, so we'll see. It'll probably be too much money when he's in his final year and 35 years old but oh well :lol:

Last edited:
McRoberts is good just not for the whole MLE :\

Beasley did more in limited tick last year than Granger. Why in the blue **** would you give him more than the vet min? :smh:

Riley looking kinda shakeeeeeey babeeeeeeey

McRoberts is good just not for the whole MLE
ohwell.gif

Beasley did more in limited tick last year than Granger. Why in the blue **** would you give him more than the vet min?
mean.gif

Riley looking kinda shakeeeeeey babeeeeeeey
So, the Heat pretty much have no more money right? Outside of Vet Minimums?

If these were the best Riley could do to bolster the lineup... I mean... yikes

Cole/Napier

Wade/Allen

Bron/Granger/Ennis

Bosh/Haslem

Anderson

Who else?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom