2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monday melo opts out right...

What day does he have until he decides where he goes?

Thanks

I'm not a huge George Karl fan but that guy isnt that horrible
george karl is a coach that can make a team decent for a few years before they tune him out.

he's a notch above your scott skiles, doug collins, byron scott, mike antoni type coaches who get recycled throughout the league.

he's good for getting your team in the playoffs, maybe a 2nd round or conference finals appearance with the right roster but your not winning a title with him as coach.

george karl is a coach that can make a team decent for a few years before they tune him out.

he's a notch above your scott skiles, doug collins, byron scott, mike antoni type coaches who get recycled throughout the league.

he's good for getting your team in the playoffs, maybe a 2nd round or conference finals appearance with the right roster but your not winning a title with him as coach.

Well only 7 coaches won titles the last 18 years, so to say you cant win a title with him as your coach isnt really saying much, he won 57 games with a mediocre denver team last season, had everyone praising him for COY but when the team got bounced in the first all of a sudden the tables turned, nobody was saying the knicks won the melo trade until this season

George Karl has always seemed like the biggest d-bag of a coach I've ever seen. Dude always acted so full of himself and like his players were children. Those Melo Nuggets teams should have gone further than they did.

George Karl has always seemed like the biggest d-bag of a coach I've ever seen. Dude always acted so full of himself and like his players were children. Those Melo Nuggets teams should have gone further than they did.

Yeah i remember watching that espn special when he had cancer & he was watching his team at his house on tv, & you can tell he didnt like melo & jr, i think thats where melo got the "ball stopper" title, i was :rofl: when he said jr does all that dribbling to stay in the same spot to throw up a bad shot

Karl isn't Sn bad but he's not Pop great either. He's upper mid tier but that doesn't get your far these days. You bring him in you'll make the playoffs you'll play tough you'll be entertaining but you won't win a ring. A guy like Thibbs and Pop (great coaches) do more with far less available to them.

Man don't remind me, :smh:

With all that said I don't think there's 5-10 coaches in NBA right now who you could say are certifiably better than Karl?

Last edited:
With all that said I don't think there's 5-10 coaches in NBA right now who you could say are certifiably better than Karl?
I think this speaks volumes about the lack of development and amount of retreads in head coaching in the NBA.

Real quick great coaches:

Thibbs
Pop
Doc

Who else is there?

Last edited:
Karl isn't Sn bad but he's not Pop great either. He's upper mid tier but that doesn't get your far these days. You bring him in you'll make the playoffs you'll play tough you'll be entertaining but you won't win a ring. A guy like Thibbs and Pop (great coaches) do more with far less available to them.

What has thibbs really done, 2 first round exits & a short 2nd round appearance since 2011, it shouldnt really be that hard to get a top spot in the east as it is in the west, :lol: @ pop does more with less like he doesnt have a 3 hof core

Bulls would've been a lottery team this year if they had any other coach. Only talent they had was Noah, Taj and Butler. To finish with a winning record and with how well they played defensively that's testament to Thibbs.

Last edited:
Are we going to act like Boozer, Dunleavy and Hinrich (plus Deng before he was traded) aren't proven NBA players?

Last edited:
Boozer is trash. Dunleavy played really well but come on him and Hinrich are role players. Put Sn on that team they win 30 games.

Carlisle yep he's great. Forgot about him. Hornacek is gonna be real solid. Same with the dude in Charlotte.

Last edited:
I would throw Carlise in there too

Then you have the guys who've won but you aren't too sure about them like Spolestra, Brooks and Vogel

Then there's a few good guys who I like but the jury is still out on like Hornacek, Casey, Bud

Sn is the worst coach I've seen ever. Mike Brown might be better. You dudes should be happy you aren't Knicks fans. He was the epitome of lost.

Put Thibbs with that Knicks team and they make the playoffs.

Last edited:
Watched that 30 for 30: Bad Boys jawn last night. Fire :pimp:

Id suggest it to anyone that hasn't seen it yet

I agree that he did always sound bitter AF, but what he told us in Denver, when he sounded bitter, we found to be true about Melo and JR in New York :lol:

Also, I give him slack two of those years, they got bounced out the playoffs by that 2 Peat (3 Finals App) Lakers Team, which at the time the best team money could buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom