2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we going to act like Boozer, Dunleavy and Hinrich (plus Deng before he was traded) aren't proven NBA players?

Boozer trash now though man, come on.

Dunleavy is serviceable as a shooter only, he gets wrecked on defense by anybody with a little athleticism.

Do we all agree that coaching is a little bit overrated in the NBA? There's only 5 guys on the floor. If your team sucks, there's no amount of coaching that is going to make them good. If you have a Heat-like roster, and you suck as a coach, eventually the players will just tune you out. The NBA is a players league. Players control the roster. They control who coaches. And they control the outcome of the game.

Obviously, Popovich is the exception. But I honestly think I could coach the Heat to the Finals.

coaching is only really important when you do you have the talent, but really moreso in getting superstars/veterans to buy in

x's and o's should be expected

any smuck can coach a rebuilding team tho

Last edited:
(Wood)Sn. Since his teams have no W's, O or D.
giphy.gif

Do we all agree that coaching is a little bit overrated in the NBA? There's only 5 guys on the floor. If your team sucks, there's no amount of coaching that is going to make them good. If you have a Heat-like roster, and you suck as a coach, eventually the players will just tune you out. The NBA is a players league. Players control the roster. They control who coaches. And they control the outcome of the game.

Obviously, Popovich is the exception. But I honestly think I could coach the Heat to the Finals.

You think its easy to get multimillionaires with big egos to give you so much respect that they would go out & play hard for you every night & let you speak to them a certain way no other man would get away with, yeah a coach isnt as valuable as the players, but all a coach wants is his players to respect him & trust his decisions, why you think sloan retired, his best player didnt respect him, & phil in 04 to a certain extent, coaching isnt as easy as you think

If you believe coaching is underrated...you have a complete lack of understanding for the strategic side of the game.

Last edited:
If you believe coaching is underrated...you have a complete lack of understanding for the strategic side of the game.

:rolleyes

No one gave a damn about Doc Rivers before 2 HOF joined the squad. Now he's considered one of the best. Funny how that happens.

You dont earn that respect until you win something

" if you believe coaching is underrated...you have a complete lack of understanding for the strategic side of the game"....

^^how so ?

Wtf has doc rivers done. Wasn't he the coach of those garbage Orlando teams and he has a chip but only when his team was stacked. .overrated coach. .

Last edited:
Coaching is important af unless you have a Miami heat type squad. If you have a stacked squad your ll go far even with a Nobody as a acoach. coaching will put you over the top ...

nobody respect spo or puts him up and he has two rings so what does that say.

Last edited:

:rolleyes

No one gave a damn about Doc Rivers before 2 HOF joined the squad. Now he's considered one of the best. Funny how that happens.

You dont earn that respect until you win something

i think hes overrated and not that good IMO

Coaching is important af unless you have a Miami heat type squad. If you have a stacked squad your ll go far even with a Nobody as a acoach. coaching put you over the top ...

nobody respect spo or puts him up and he has two rings so what does that say.

People who understand basketball respect Spo.

Nobody has respect for Scott Brooks.

Last edited:
Spo has built a reputation as a competent/good coach.

And even with an amazing team you need a good coach. Even if you think Phil Jackson was just a psychiatrist in LA that was really, really important. It isn't easy to manage huge ego's in the office I'm sure it's much harder to do with multimillionaire star athletes.

Coaching is over rated huh....

cockypop2.gif

Because the Spurs would play the way they do without his influence...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom