2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lakers taking Joel. Let him heal up while Kobe cooks for 30 ppg, the Lakers will win the lottery next year and take Okafor.

Last edited:
Why does the Lebron conversation need to be taken away from an encompassed NBA thread and straight to the specific thread, especially when it's a Lebron Pat Riley Heat GM decisions type discussion.
What exactly is supposed to be discussed in here if a few guys taking shots at Lebron makes the topic off limits?

Serious question.

You're relatively new here. This LeBron talk will carry on daily, til, 2026 or so if not stopped or paused somehow.

It's fine to discuss him at times, but every single day, over and over, not so much.

Same for Kobe, same for MJ, same for any other topic that gets dozens of people arguing and fussing sideways without result for weeks on end.

It's better to try and confine it elsewhere.

this is ironic coming from you after seeing what goes down in the lakers season thread :lol:

Why does the Lebron conversation need to be taken away from an encompassed NBA thread and straight to the specific thread, especially when it's a Lebron Pat Riley Heat GM decisions type discussion.
What exactly is supposed to be discussed in here if a few guys taking shots at Lebron makes the topic off limits?

Serious question.

You're relatively new here. This LeBron talk will carry on daily, til, 2026 or so if not stopped or paused somehow.

It's fine to discuss him at times, but every single day, over and over, not so much.

Same for Kobe, same for MJ, same for any other topic that gets dozens of people arguing and fussing sideways without result for weeks on end.

The conversation is moreso about Pat Riley and the sucka move he played, especially considering he praised Wade for being a lifelong heat player

Portland is totally in play for Embiid now. :nerd:

Him, LA, & Dame... Could Be... :nerd:

embiid caught a break, kid just dodged cleveland

Cavs caught a break, i think they were gonna pick him, but i dont see the hype with him, a big man with 3 yrs of regulation basketball experience should never be selected over 2 phenomenal wing players that been playing basketball their whole life

I'd like to see an NT poll on Jabari vs Wiggins.
I'm taking Wiggins 101 out of 100 times.

I keep going back and forth on them both. I don't like that Parker is a big slow on defense and sometime looks over-weight.

I watched both players this season. Wiggins showed flashed on both sides of the court. And I think over time he really will be special.

Parker flat out looks like a winner and wants the ball in his hands. can't deny that.

If i had to choose today I'd say Wiggins. I think his ceiling is sky high.

But I would be fine if Cavs took Parker first overall too.

why don't you just ignore it?
Because I shouldn't have to? How many times do I have to listen yall take unwarranted shots at my team/city for?
This is true 
tired.gif

Serious question.

this is ironic coming from you after seeing what goes down in the lakers season thread :lol:

Usually, if someone tells me to back off, I will.

But if it gets brought up again, I revisit. And that thread is for us, Lakers specific. LeBron is not NBA specific. Hence, a difference.

Even when me and Mamba were talking in here the other day, when someone mentioned it getting old, we both backed off and let the thread carry on.

Wiggins joe johnson mentality on the court will be his kryptonite to reach his ceiling, he will have his moments but he will also be standing at that corner 3 for majority of the game

C CP1708 I see your point, and can understand the frustration. I've seen pretty much every topic in here discussed in length and to sometimes no end, whether discussed here on NT or another forum. It's pretty easy for me to participate in the topics of interest, and overlook the ones of little or no interest. That's just me though, none of its personal because other than a Fan, I have no vested interest in any of the topics past the Forums. I can separate personal from passionate

I'd like to see an NT poll on Jabari vs Wiggins.
I'm taking Wiggins 101 out of 100 times.

I keep going back and forth on them both. I don't like that Parker is a big slow on defense and sometime looks over-weight.

I watched both players this season. Wiggins showed flashed on both sides of the court. And I think over time he really will be special.

Parker flat out looks like a winner and wants the ball in his hands. can't deny that.

If i had to choose today I'd say Wiggins. I think his ceiling is sky high.

But I would be fine if Cavs took Parker first overall too.

I've been back and forth myself, but now I'm all over Wiggins. He sold me. To me, he has that "winner" ish you speak of. Sometimes I hear guys answer questions in interviews like they are "supposed" to be answered and in like meh, sounds good but I'm not buying it, I'm buying Wiggins, I will cosign that deal all day man

Riley wants James to show some guts and stay in Miami...same way he wanted James to show some guts and leave Cleveland for Miami. Bunch of clowns in that city.

embiid caught a break, kid just dodged cleveland

Oh yeah because losing millions of dollars AND going to Utah, Philly, Orlando, and Milwaukee is so much better.

I hope Cleveland's new coach and young core turn this team around to make dumb ***** like you eat your words.

the amount of money isnt that much
the cavs have a long history of failures/bad luck in drafts post-lebron so im not even that off

Last edited:
Riley wants James to show some guts and stay in Miami...same way he wanted James to show some guts and leave Cleveland for Miami. Bunch of clowns in that city.

My thoughts exactly! It's like taking that stripper home from the club and then catching feelings, and then getting mad at her because she won't quit.

Remembering Riley’s ‘gutless’ Knicks exit as he calls for LeBron’s loyalty

By Post Staff Report

June 20, 2014 | 3:10pm

Pat Riley leaned heavily on the themes of dedication and patience when he addressed the media Thursday in his role as president of the Miami Heat.

He was discussing the futures of Heat stars LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, each of whom can become a free agent in the aftermath of a decisive Finals loss to the San Antonio Spurs, but some detected irony in Riley’s comments given his unceremonious departure from his job as Knicks coach two decades earlier.

In 1995, Riley was coming off his fourth season on the Knicks bench, a 55-win campaign that ended with a devastating postseason setback (sound familiar?) to the Indiana Pacers. He had a loaded team close to a championship breakthrough. But he faxed in his resignation on June 15, and it was not long before he had taken his talents to South Beach.

Here’s how The Post covered the shocking getaway at the time — in a particular bit of resonance, the back page screamed: “GUTLESS” — as written by Fred Kerber and Andy Soltis for the June 16 editions:

Knicks coach Pat Riley stunned the basketball world yesterday by quitting the team after four years full of fabulous victories and some heart-wrenching defeats.

Riley blamed a power struggle with the team’s management for his resignation, but the front office said the dispute was all about money.

Dave Checketts, who hired Riley in 1991, said the dapper coach walked away from a job that would have paid $2 million next year because he couldn’t get part ownership of the lucrative franchise.

Riley’s announcement, issued in a press release, caught players off guard.

Patrick Ewing, the team’s star center, was “shocked and surprised” when he heard the news from a waiter in a restaurant, Checketts said.

Forward Charles Oakley recalled that last month “when we talked at the end of the season, I thought he was coming back next year.” So did most of his teammates.

Former MSG President Dave Checketts and CEO Ernie Grunfeld discuss Riley’s resignation in 1995.
Photo: AP

Riley made it clear he wanted changes in the 1995-’96 makeup of the Knicks.

Despite four straight 50-victory seasons, Riley said last month that “bad chemistry,” not lack of talent, was ruining the team.

Then there was the sidebar on potential replacements. A certain well-regarded coach of the Chicago Bulls was mentioned, but as the headline said, “Jackson mum on his plans.”

Nah more like " we didnt make this move in 2010 to be satisfied with 2 rings, you cant say you wanna be great & be satisfied with 2 rings" thats how i see it, dont see how that makes them clowns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom