2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well. I was born in Brooklyn New York, and I lived in San Francisco for 5 years.

If that means anything.

Chris Bosh becomes key to Heat keeping Big Three in Miami

Miami Heat president Pat Riley's effort to bring back the Big Three of LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh in free agency has reached a fascinating tipping point. With none of the free agents committed to deals yet, league sources tell CBSSports.com that Bosh's future has emerged as the tipping point in Riley's master plan.

Riley's attempts to lure free agents to join the Big Three have been stalled by uncertainty over where the financial terms of Bosh's and Wade's prospective new deals with Miami would land. With James seeking a max salary for next season -- and deservedly so -- how much room Riley can create for other free-agent additions hinges on Bosh and Wade.

Given that Wade, in physical decline at age 32, opted out of $42 million over the next two seasons, rival teams believe he must have been assured that he would recoup that money by agreeing to a longer deal to return to the Heat. But as CBSSports.com reported Friday night, there will be a max market for Bosh -- especially if James and the Knicks' Carmelo Anthony finalize plans to return to their existing teams.

Several teams chasing James and Anthony would have a max slot for Bosh if they struck out on their two top targets. At minimum, the Rockets, Mavs and Lakers fit that description. The Bulls, Suns and Cavs also possess -- or have been working on creating -- room for a max free agent starting north of $20 million. For that reason, Bosh is viewed around the league as the most likely member of the Big Three to break off and change teams.

A rival team executive told CBSSports.com Friday that the growing belief around the league is that Bosh would prefer a four-year max deal with another team to a discounted, longer-term deal with Miami. So many pieces in the Heat's puzzle are connected, and one of them falling out of place threatens to tear the whole thing apart.

As Riley pursues Luol Deng, Anthony Morrow and others in an attempt to deliver the roster upgrades that James is seeking, James' agent, Rich Paul, has spoken with the Rockets, Mavs, Suns, Cavs and Lakers. Teams have been told that if the Heat aren't successful in making roster additions soon, James would choose finalists and meet with them in person as early as next week.

Bosh, meanwhile, remains on a family vacation while his agent, Henry Thomas, who also represents Wade, has worked in recent days to identify potential landing spots if the Heat scenarios collapse.

It is a fascinating turn of events, to say the least. Four years later, Riley is learning that it will be more difficult to keep the Big Three together than it was to unite them in the first place.
Link

I have never visited Cleveland, but I imagine with unlimited money and fame one could manage to find a good time. As another said, it's not as though you're confined to that city 24/7 365. They travel 41 times a year plus All star weekend. Then the world is your oyster when the season ends.

If you're privileged enough to play pro sports in ANY town in America, you're winning. You can always buy a good time.

Ehh animal thug is alright. He just gets too fired up when defending his city.

I wouldnt call him a troll

I grew up in the Midwest and it's grim and horrible. Even Chicago is a little boring. The biggest athlete on the planet can go literally wherever he wants this summer and you think he'll get nostalgic about bitter winters, closed factories, low SES and choose Cleveland, Ohio? :lol: *cue Noah's video on Cleveland*

Last edited:
Well. I was born in Brooklyn New York, and I lived in San Francisco for 5 years.

If that means anything.
'Born in' means nothing, since newborns literally know nothing about their city, or anything. 
laugh.gif

Living in SF for 5 years definitely means something... if those 5 years started anytime AFTER adolescence. If those 5 years were like age 6-11, nah, man... that don't count, either.

You're a Cleveland homer. No knock on you at all, but just embrace it. It is what it is.

And as a major, metropolitan city, TONS of people who have experienced Cleveland think that's it's horrible. Again, just accept that, bro. It is what it is. No reason to constantly try to change opinions. You like the place; do you.

Now you're tripping. CHICAGO and boring can't go in the same sentence. You can't tell me you were here for more than an hour spewing that mess

'Born in' means nothing, since newborns literally know nothing about their city, or anything. :lol:

Living in SF for 5 years definitely means something... if those 5 years started anytime AFTER adolescence. If those 5 years were like age 6-11, nah, man... that don't count, either.

You're a Cleveland homer. No knock on you at all, but just embrace it. It is what it is.

And as a major, metropolitan city, TONS of people who have experienced Cleveland think that's it's horrible. Again, just accept that, bro. It is what it is. No reason to constantly try to change opinions. You like the place; do you.

And your a kobe homer

i dont see whats so funny, trade bosh for a bench and stay loyal to wade/bron

i think if anyone is going to see the grimy side of pat its gonna be bosh first at least
The funny part is:

Bynum was cut by Indiana and has no knees.
Lance is unrestricted
Turner is unrestricted

Those other players are not that good. Why do you think Indiana lost?
it doesnt matter what they did for indiana tho, what matters is how they would play for lebron

i think players like that, that you call not that good, would flourish under lebron since he essentially only needs role players around him

u can disagree, but if they cant bring bosh back, he gotta go somewhere

all im doing is suggesting a possibility

I have never visited Cleveland, but I imagine with unlimited money and fame one could manage to find a good time. As another said, it's not as though you're confined to that city 24/7 365. They travel 41 times a year plus All star weekend. Then the world is your oyster when the season ends.

If you're privileged enough to play pro sports in ANY town in America, you're winning. You can always buy a good time.

You can be a rich doctor at the Cleveland Clinic making $600,000 per year and live like a king. But at Bron's level there is nothing in the entire region that is anything near your level of income, fame or status. Period. You think he's going from Miami to Cleveland? It would drive him and his wife completely insane. I guarantee you. I visit home three times a year and a weekend in the Midwest is enough to make me want to jump off a bridge.

Last edited:
You gotta remember with Bosh.

His hood rat wife and here entire extended family is spending his money, they are going hard, he owns the most expensive house of the big three.

You don't get a gold digging, hood rat, trophy wife and then start taking discounts, can't do it. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom