2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
No lie, the idea of LeBron back in Cleveland and joining all that young talent is kinda interesting to me. But LeBron is in win now mode, and that young core needs a couple seasons to mature

Last edited:
Someone clear up a cap question for me. If a team has $15-$20 million in cap space, they can go over that, but then they'd have to go into the luxury tax correct? How much tax would said team be forced to pay.

No one knows exactly what kind of offer the Bulls extended to Melo. From what i've read, Melo and the Bulls didnt even talk about contract details. Anyway, if the Bulls were to amnesty Booz and trade Dunleavy, that would free up $15-$18 million , I believe. So, I would think thats how much Anthony would be offered, correct? Or could Chicago still offer , lets say $20mil/ per year, even though that puts them well above the cap......? And for the record, Jerry Reinsdorf has allowed the FO to do whatever it takes to improve the team. That being said, no one knows how far up the luxury tax ladder JR would go. And arent there future penalties for continuously going into the tax?

In any event, everything we've done since meeting with Melo, points to him not coming here. I'm pretty resigned to the fact that he'll stay in NY. The money and comfort is just too much.

Last edited:
That post saying Chicago's 65 mil offer was for one year
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
We gotta give Reinsdorf the benefit of the doubt guy's! 
wink.gif

Someone clear up a cap question for me. If a team has $15-$20 million in cap space, they can go over that, but then they'd have to go into the luxury tax correct? How much tax would said team be forced to pay.

No one knows exactly what kind of offer the Bulls extended to Melo. From what i've read, Melo and the Bulls didnt even talk about contract details. Anyway, if the Bulls were to amnesty Booz and trade Dunleavy, that would free up $15-$18 million , I believe. So, I would think thats how much Anthony would be offered, correct? Or could Chicago still offer , lets say $20mil/ per year, even though that puts them well above the cap......? And for the record, Jerry Reinsdorf has allowed the FO to do whatever it takes to improve the team. That being said, no one knows how far up the luxury tax ladder JR would go. And arent there future penalties for continuously going into the tax?

In any event, everything we've done since meeting with Melo, points to him not coming here. I'm pretty resigned to the fact that he'll stay in NY. The money and comfort is just too much.

You can't go over the cap space in that manner, you can only do so to resign a player via an exception.

So you can't just say "hey lets go over the cap" to net X player. That's not how it works. You have to work within the cap space you have. In very few circumstances are teams allowed to over the cap. Some instances are the bird exception or the minimum player exception....

No lie, the idea of LeBron back in Cleveland and joining all that young talent is kinda interesting to me. But LeBron is in win now mode, and that young core needs a couple seasons to mature

Want to see him go back to Cleveland too..

But I feel like Kyrie and even Waiters (as a 6th man) live for that big moment and they would be ready.. Would be interesting to see

With the old CBA and up until this last season the lux tax was dollar for dollar on the amount you went over, but with this new season it's scaled.

Hears the new tax for this upcoming season (taken from wiki).....starting in 2013-2014

Amount over tax threshold Standard tax per excess dollar Repeat offender tax per excess dollar
$4,999,999 or less. $1.50 $2.50
$5 million to $9,999,999 $1.75 $2.75
$10 million to $14,999,999 $2.50. $3.50
$15 million to $19,999,999 $3.25 $4.25
Over $20 million $3.25 + $0.50 per $5 million $4.25 + $0.50 per $5 million

Gotta feel for The Nets and the Knicks :rofl:
We avoided the repeater tax by giving away Luol last season :nthat:

Last edited:
so how good is that player the bulls are gonna get from madrid that they drafted years ago? [emoji]128064[/emoji]

The roster was worse the last time that he was in Clevelad.

oh what the hell ever.

tired of that same BS. Had a couple pretty damn good supporting casts. **** is a fallacy,

in 08 he had Big Ben, Ilgauskas, Mo Williams, Varejao, Wally Szcerb, and JJ Hickson on the squad.

in 09 he had Shaq, Ilgauskas, Varejao, Antwan Jamison, Danny Green, Mo Williams and JJ Hickson.

He was NEVER a good leader. He was NEVER great at attracting marquee free agents to Cleveland.

He was NEVER good at helping the young players around him.

I don't want to hear the same ol' broken record nonsense about Bron anymore. Tired of the excuses.

Last edited:
Shaq? Danny Green? C'mon man

Did you read that whole list?

And Yes Shaq in his twilight was still more potent than 90% of bigs in the NBA in 2009.

Danny Green? Oh you mean the same Danny Green who BALLED OUT on James and the Heat?

Can't be serious right now, just stop.

A rookie danny green and declining Shaw who barely played :lol:

Actually you're wrong, Shaq started and played all 11 playoff games that year.

And played most of the season.

Also what did LBJ do to help develop young talent like Hickson and Danny Green? Except bail on them and the rest of the team every time things got hard.

oh what the hell ever.

tired of that same BS. Had a couple pretty damn good supporting casts. **** is a fallacy,

in 08 he had Big Ben, Ilgauskas, Mo Williams, Varejao, Wally Szcerb, and JJ Hickson on the squad.

in 09 he had Shaq, Ilgauskas, Varejao, Antwan Jamison, Danny Green, Mo Williams and JJ Hickson.

He was NEVER a good leader. He was NEVER great at attracting marquee free agents to Cleveland.

He was NEVER good at helping the young players around him.

I don't want to hear the same ol' broken record nonsense about Bron anymore. Tired of the excuses.
mean.gif
roll.gif

Those names are
sick.gif
and were all washed up or too young to do anything

Danny Green? Oh you mean the same Danny Green who BALLED OUT on James and the Heat?

The same Danny Green who got released a couple of times, played in the D-League before Pop finally turned him into a player.

But you're right, Lebron needed to be coaching the youngster from day one. 

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom