2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, no pills needed actually. Dude made 4 straight finals and got 2 rings as soon as he left Cleveland. No denial here but maybe on your part. The fact that he got 2 rings when he was surrounded by capable support lends to the theory that once he had competent teammates he would get titles.

the same competent teammates he's about to bail on? :lol:

and the Heat are DAMNED LUCKY they won against the Spurs last year, we all know this.

the same competent teammates he's about to bail on?
laugh.gif

and the Heat are DAMNED LUCKY they won against the Spurs last year, we all know this.
He's about to bail? Even if he does "bail" that doesn't take away his two rings and what he's accomplished.. so once again, there's no denial here. He's accomplished a lot already...

As far as luck, well luck is always a part of sports. Lakers: Vlade tip to Horry, Ron Artest 3 pointer, the missed layup by Courtney Lee in the finals, a bounce here or a bounce there makes a difference. An inch can make a difference.

He's about to bail? Even if he does "bail" that doesn't take away his two rings and what he's accomplished.. so once again, there's no denial here. He's accomplished a lot already...

As far as luck, well luck is always a part of sports. Lakers: Vlade tip to Horry, Ron Artest 3 pointer, the missed layup by Courtney Lee in the finals, a bounce here or a bounce there makes a difference. An inch can make a difference.

What has he accomplished bro? Making great, grandiose declarations about winning 8 rings with Miami and leaving after going 2-4?

Okay bro. :lol:

how much help should the "best player on the planet" need to win a title? or 2? or 3? or 4? or 5? or 6? or 7?

when this big 3 got together, i really think bron thought he was going to win 7 straight 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
How does him winning with the heat dispute what I said. No true center, surrounded by 3 point shooters, people claim stars are trash now when in reality wade and bosh had to adjust their game or lebron couldn't play

You need to build around him in a very specific way. And any star who plays with him will look like they regressed

Unless your name is Reggie, ray, or curry. Stay away

Last edited:
I think this whole death of the small market thing is a bit of a stretch and farce. It was the same garbage they used to fleece the players in the last CBA. The amount that all these teams are worth now debunks most of that way of thinking. The Bucks did just sell for $500+ million dollars and the new TV deals in 2017 will raise the value that each of these teams more and more. I'll continue to say the lockout was a sham by the owners to get what the Lakers and Knicks were getting in those TV deals (revenue sharing). Everybody is eating now in the league, but not everybody is held accountable now for their mishaps in managing these franchises.

Name Team Seasons Playoffs Div Conf League Net worth Team value
Michael Gearon Jr Atlanta 10 7 0 0 0 $425 million
Wyc Grousbeck Boston 12 9 6 2 1 $360 million $875 million
Mikhail Prokhorov Brooklyn 4 2 0 0 0 $10.9 billion $780 million
Michael Jordan Charlotte 5 2 0 0 0 $525 million $410 million
Jerry Reinsdorf Chicago 29 22 8 6 6 $280 million $1,000 million
Dan Gilbert Cleveland 9 5 2 1 0 $3.7 billion $515 million
Mark Cuban Dallas 14 13 3 2 1 $2.6 billion $765 million
Stan Kroenke Denver 14 10 3 0 0 $5.6 billion $495 million
Tom Gores Detroit 3 0 0 0 0 $2.9 billion $450 million

Joe Lacob Golden State 3 2 0 0 0 $325 million $750 million
Leslie Alexander Houston 21 13 1 2 2 $80 million $775 million
Herb Simon Indiana 31 21 6 1 0 $2.05 billion $475 million
Donald Sterling LA Clippers 33 7 2 0 0 $1.9 billion $575 million
Jim Buss LA Lakers 2 1 0 0 0 $380 million $1,350 million
Robert Pera Memphis 2 2 0 0 0 $2.7 billion $453 million
Micky Arison Miami 19 16 11 5 3 $6.5 billion $770 million
Marc Lasry Milwaukee 0 0 0 0 0 $1.7 billion $405 million
Glen Taylor Minnesota 19 8 1 0 0 $1.8 billion $430 million
Tom Benson New Orleans 2 0 0 0 0 $1.3 billion $420 million
Cablevision New York 17 8 1 1 0 $3.7 billion $1,400 million
Clay Bennett Oklahoma City 8 5 4 1 0 $400 million $590 million
Rick DeVos Orlando 23 14 6 2 0 $6.9 billion $560 million
Joshua Harris Philadelphia 3 1 0 0 0 $2.9 billion $469 million
Robert Sarver Phoenix 10 5 3 0 0 $400 million $565 million
Paul Allen Portland 26 19 3 2 0 $15.9 billion $587 million
Vivek RanadiveSacramento 1 0 0 0 0 $550 million
Peter Holt San Antonio 21 20 13 6 5 $80 million $660 million
Maple Leaf Sports Ent Toronto 16 6 2 0 0$297 million $520 million
Greg Miller Utah 6 3 0 0 0 $480 million $525 million
Ted Leonsis Washington 4 1 0 0 0 $1 billion $485 million
Name Team Seasons Playoffs Div Conf League Net worth Team value

That's the list of the owners in the NBA, there net worth's and the team values of each team. As you can see from what's been highlighted in blue there are plenty of weathly owners in what would be considered small NBA markets (CLE, DEN, DET, IND, MEM, MIL, MIN, NO, ORL) all have billionaire ownership with teams valued at $400 million plus. Take a look where the Lakers ownership ranks, more toward the middle to bottom ($380 million) or CHI ($280 million). So is HOU $80 million-team value of $775 million (4th largest city in the US-10th in TV market) and SA $80 million-team value of $660 million (5th largest city in the US-37th in TV market).

I just don't buy the whole woe is me small markets will fail because they can't compete with the big boys (NY, CHI, LA). Nah they can, they have the more resources to do so even more so than some of the bigger markets, every single team in the league is going to be eating Lakers style when these new TV contracts come up in a couple years, that combined with the owners having more money to spend because they fleeced the players this last CBA should be even more of a push by the player's union to get an elevated or uncapped system.

The player's will always choose on where they think the best fit is based on either money, lifestyle or team around them that's not going to change, they already have the restricted free agency that allows these "small markets" to retain their players considering they can match any offer they're made. As shown here, they all for the most part have the means to do so. The owners would have to open up their pockets and be more fiscally responsible to do so and not be allowed to get away with giving bad deals away if they want to retain their stars, as it should be. So yeah, the Lakers could offer KD or whoever $50 millon in a deal, but so could a lot of other franchises, he'd chose to go where he wanted to based on what he believed to be the best place for him overall, cause the money would and should be the same everywhere.

Gonna leave you with the last word because this post sums up the discussion

You know what? Sneakerheathen is right, we're just too dumb to see it unfortunately. :smh:

He's a true basketball mind, unbiased in his genius observations. Lebron is a terrible and a disgrace to the game, we've all just been making excuses for his short comings.

We don't deserve members as thoughtful as you Sneakerheathen, I think you should leave NT because we aren't worthy. :smh:

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard 8m
Sources: DRose was not part of Bulls' official recruitment of Melo. He just happened to b working out at UC. Was shocked to see Melo

Not that I trust Broussard, but I hope this is true :lol:

It would fall in line with Rose not wanting to recruit.. and it would make him "working out for Melo" seem less silly.

So now I'm thinking the Bulls knew he would be there and scheduled it "on accident" because it doesn't seem like Rose to put on an exhibition for a free agent :lol: but they got to show Melo he was healthy.

Pretty sneaky, sis.

You know what? Sneakerheathen is right, we're just too dumb to see it unfortunately.
mean.gif

He's a true basketball mind, unbiased in his genius observations. Lebron is a terrible and a disgrace to the game, we've all just been making excuses for his short comings.

We don't deserve members as thoughtful as you Sneakerheathen, I think you should leave NT because we aren't worthy.
mean.gif
I'm sayin though, do folks actually engage in legit discussions with Sneakerheathen or Dub A?

Not that I trust Broussard, but I hope this is true :lol:

It would fall in line with Rose not wanting to recruit.. and it would make him "working out for Melo" seem less silly.

So now I'm thinking the Bulls knew he would be there and scheduled it "on accident" because it doesn't seem like Rose to put on an exhibition for a free agent :lol: but they got to show Melo he was healthy.

Pretty sneaky, sis.

:rofl:

You know what? Sneakerheathen is right, we're just too dumb to see it unfortunately. :smh:

We don't deserve members as thoughtful as you Sneakerheathen, I think you should leave NT because we aren't worthy. :smh:

View media item 1061233

Been saying all along Carmelo would stay. I'm feeling more and more strongly about that.

Unfortunately.

Bulls haven't done the greatest job appealing to the marquee FAs, have they?

since bron left cleveland, their title hopes are still tied to him 
laugh.gif

i kinda feel bad for those sleveland fans who believed in him and are getting their hopes up again

he really was like the best thing to ever happen to that city, and he just left 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I think guys are kinda afraid to follow Jordan

The only guy with the balls to try it would be Kobe and even he passed on it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom