2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, no cap would do the same
It will get you there, or close. But doesn't guarantee victory.
So I say, the hell with the cap, if they are worth 30 or 50 and a team has 5 of them, they ought to be able to pay them.
I'm a Capitalist, death to the Cap. There will always be Spurs Grizz GS's OKCs turning out Trophy type teams, with much less. Always has been, always will be.

What are you basing your "would happen anyway" verdict off of?

Exactly, no cap would do the same
It will get you there, or close. But doesn't guarantee victory.
So I say, the hell with the cap, if they are worth 30 or 50 and a team has 5 of them, they ought to be able to pay them.
I'm a Capitalist, death to the Cap. There will always be Spurs Grizz GS's OKCs turning out Trophy type teams, with much less. Always has been, always will be.

What are you basing your "would happen anyway" verdict off of?

My what?

^ Going off of their Melo offer, they'll probably throw down a few hundred for him.

View media item 1060724
Look at his previous salaries man.
He's Jordan too, he was bigger than Basketball.
These 30 mill salaries run few and far between in today's age KG Kobe etc. But you are saying 50 million a year then what.
You talking like a 5yr/250 mill tract?

Taking timeframe and inflation into consideration 33 million in 97-98 would be significantly more now.

A lot more.

Jordan's previous salaries were so small because the contract he signed in 88 was too long. If he signed shorter contracts that would let him opt out early he would've commanded more 30 mil years. When his 88 contract ran out, that's when the Bulls started paying him the 30 mil a yr

With Mirotic it means 1 of 2 things.

1. They don't like their chances for Melo (They shouldn't offering him 4 year / $65mil (supposed) compared to 4/$95 & 5yr/$129 by Lakers & Knicks, respectively.)
2. They think they can get Melo in a S&T. If I'm Phil, and know Melo only gets there through sign & trade, I hold all the cards. If you want my guy, and basically make me take Carlos Boozer to remain a tax team... I'm taking every single one of your young assets (Taj, Jimmy Butler, future picks). If you decline, you don't get Melo, and I saved a franchise tens of millions by not being a tax team.

Last edited:
Knicks won't do a sign and trade. No reason to. They're helping a team that can't offer enough.

I think Pau would be a good fit in Miami.

I also wouldn't mind seeing LeBron in a Suns jersey, :lol:

That post saying Chicago's 65 mil offer was for one year
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
mean.gif

roll.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom