2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
indifferent.gif
if the NBA didn't have a salary cap, you would see guys like ryan hollins making 10+ million a year to do nothing.

Not that big of a spike? The guys just won freaking MVP of the league. :lol: This guy has to be trolling.

Is Miami's 4 straight finals appearances not enough proof that stacking the deck in ones favor works?

Don't take me saying "not that big if a spike" out of context and try to start another conversation. The comment was I. Reference to him saying "what if Durants worth goes to 50million and the lakers can pay it"
I'm saying his salary is not going to spoke like that.
It truly is very hard to try and debate something small or big in this thread because of you or any other poster doing small things like this.
I'm done with this convo, you guys got me

What difference would it make if his salary wouldn't spike to that amount, point is a team like LA could offer a deal to Durant that OKC wouldn't be able to match. And we have firsthand proof that OKC won't pay it seeing how the Harden situation played out.

Maybe you haven't been paying attention the what's been going on in the nba the past 4 years.

OKC could have paid Harden, fact is they decided not to.
Nets stacked with past prime. Not my fault, they still stacked. That's my point, the fact that you can stack, doesn't mean you will stack and do it well

NBA players are "underpaid" but the pay system has made the NBA work. Like said, small market teams wouldn't be able to compete.

And mister friendly mister friendly I believe the baseball stuff is logical, because to my point, at te end f the day, you can have that 1 superstar and you still have to fit the other pieces around them. Just because you've 1 star or 3-5 stacked, doesn't mean you still win(Yankees)

But it sure doesn't negate the fact that a 300 ba 100rbi 35hr guy makes a huge huge difference. 1 run per game is the deciding factor in a high percentage of games in baseball. Saying baseball has too many variables to compare is just not something I'm buying. The basic principals of "team" still applies and zero cap and large market teams stacking doesn't mean Trophys, and doesn't mean you sign all the talent, it just doesn't, or wouldn't

Yes players like Durant and Lebron would make 50 million dollars a year on a uncapped system

Salaries have actually gone down since the NBA got a salary cap

Jordan got paid 33.1 million dollars his last year which was the last uncapped year

You dont think the price of a superstar has gone up the past 15 years?

@coupeIt88 and I'd like you to explain to me how Basketball and Baseball are different. Tell me what these "too many variables" are that you so eloquently mention. I bet you don't know, you just heard it and thought it sounded good.

Yea, sure, i heard it and it sounded good. I keep it in my quote book.

Essentially you just need someone to teach you the difference between Baseball and. Basketball because obviously - you just don't get it. No way will I waste my time doing so - with someone like you, it's just too sad :lol:

"Someone like me"
Was that supposed to be a shot at me. We can't have a discussion without going there. Way to handle a debate mate

Yes players like Durant and Lebron would make 50 million dollars a year on a uncapped system

Salaries have actually gone down since the NBA got a salary cap

Jordan got paid 33.1 million dollars his last year which was the last uncapped year

You dont think the price of a superstar has gone up the past 15 years?

Come on mister friendly mister friendly nobody is getting 50 million in an uncapped system. You know that, come on man. Jordan got 33mil? For real, I'm going to go look and see how, I don't believe this 5o million is possible with no cap, I may if I see Jordan got 33 straight up no bonuses or because he took so little the years before. Brb

View media item 1060724
Look at his previous salaries man.
He's Jordan too, he was bigger than Basketball.
These 30 mill salaries run few and far between in today's age KG Kobe etc. But you are saying 50 million a year then what.
You talking like a 5yr/250 mill tract?

The KG and Kobe contracts went AS HIGH as 3o but them back down, averaging out over 4/7 years. 50 every year, nah

Last edited:
Come on mister friendly mister friendly nobody is getting 50 million in an uncapped system. You know that, come on man. Jordan got 33mil? For real, I'm going to go look and see how, I don't believe this 5o million is possible with no cap, I may if I see Jordan got 33 straight up no bonuses or because he took so little the years before. Brb

Jordan did get 33 million in the 97-98 season.

I don't see what's so hard to believe since Kobe is earning 30 million+ this season....

View media item 1060724
These 30 mill salaries run few and far between in today's age KG Kobe etc. But you are saying 50 million a year then what.

Taking timeframe and inflation into consideration 33 million in 97-98 would be significantly more now.

A lot more.

The Lakers make 200 million dollars a year just off their TV deal

You don't think they would pay 50 million dollars a year for Lebron?

Last edited:
View media item 1060724

Taking timeframe and inflation into consideration 33 million in 97-98 would be significantly more now.

A lot more.

$47 M to be exact. If he doesn't think LeBron or KD could command 50 M in an uncapped NBA, let him stay in denial

The Lakers make 200 million dollars a year just off their TV deal

You don't think they would pay 50 million dollars a year for Lebron?

No, I do not. I would like to see it though, because I think they are worth it.
Probably the MAIN reason I don't like the cap. Setting a false value on a player because the cap dictates it is BS when the money is there. They need a piece of that. And I do think with no cap that it could get that high,over time, 10+years , it's just wouldnt Spike there immediately as I said. "Spike".

If they could pay 50 or did pay 50, so be it. Again were on to arguing why someone could or couldn't get paid 50, totally off subject. I'm going to shower, grab these Thunder 14's off eastbay for Pops, and hit the sack.
Peace

And mister friendly mister friendly I believe the baseball stuff is logical, because to my point, at te end f the day, you can have that 1 superstar and you still have to fit the other pieces around them. Just because you've 1 star or 3-5 stacked, doesn't mean you still win(Yankees)

But it sure doesn't negate the fact that a 300 ba 100rbi 35hr guy makes a huge huge difference. 1 run per game is the deciding factor in a high percentage of games in baseball. Saying baseball has too many variables to compare is just not something I'm buying. The basic principals of "team" still applies and zero cap and large market teams stacking doesn't mean Trophys, and doesn't mean you sign all the talent, it just doesn't, or wouldn't

I don't care if you made a Serpentor type player crafted from Bonds/Ruth/Henderson/Mays DNA if you put that dude on the 2013 Astros that team isn't making the playoffs

An individual players worth isn't that great in Baseball because I could constantly pitch around him

Wouldn't teams stacking and not winning in the mlb only prove that ONE player isn't as important as it is in the NBA?

No it doesn't. Heat stacked, they lost twice.

They went 4 years straight and won twice. Smh come on man.

Exactly, no cap would do the same
It will get you there, or close. But doesn't guarantee victory.
So I say, the hell with the cap, if they are worth 30 or 50 and a team has 5 of them, they ought to be able to pay them.
I'm a Capitalist, death to the Cap. There will always be Spurs Grizz GS's OKCs turning out Trophy type teams, with much less. Always has been, always will be.

Last edited:
View media item 1060741
In the last 15 years NBA championship have been dominated by the Lakers, Heat, and Spurs. Only 3 other teams have won in that time frame, the Pistons, Celtics, & Mavs. Wanna know what teams they beat...... the LAKERS & HEAT!!!!

The salary cap will not change this, it would only give these same teams more chances to retool quicker to extend their winning streaks.

Its really about getting a superstar player

Every post Jordan era NBA Finals matchup has featured either Duncan, Kobe, Shaq or Lebron

Last edited:
I never said it would or change it. I said it wouldnt. If it's already broke, you can't break it.
So based on your presentation slide thingy you just put together, no cap isn't going to hurt, it does what I'd like to see happen and the only reason I argue against the salary cap and that's this...
The players should get paid their worth, their true value. I don't think erasing the cap gives such an added bonus for large markets, that it should outweigh players being robbed of their true worth.
If it gives the large markets a little better chance( as if they don't already dominate in a capped system) than I'm all for it if it makes sure player salaries are increased across the scale

Last edited:
I always felt that no cap could doom small market teams eventually. With no cap comes no max deal and no reason to stay with your current team cause there's a team out there who can just give you obscene amounts cause they have it. There would be at least one year which it happens. The Lakers would be the team to do it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom