2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
About damn time the Kings went back to that font. That Sacramento and Kings font looked like something a child drew in art class.

If there was no cap in the nba, it'd be the Knicks vs the Lakers every year in the finals. I wish :pimp:

Never happening, owners would revolt.

IN short: the NBA will benefit from the loss of a Cap because the players would benefit. It's a players league, and guys shouldn't have to take a pay cut to meet some Cap if the players on said squad are worth more on paper than what the Cap dictates. The only people losing out in a non-capped league are the owners, but so what.

A player should be able to maximize his earning potential with no penalty to the team as a whole.

The negatives of a non-capped league are easy to point out, such as saying people will stack Stars, but I don't believe this is what would happen. Far from it to be honest.

Just because a team Can stack stars with no Cap, doesn't mean that they will. This is evident right now with a Cap, many teams can, and don't.

I wish the Cavs would change their jerseys. Go black to blue and orange again.

I hate the current joints. Never was a fan of them.

Take the wordmark on the black jersey and use it for all the jerseys

They're most likely making changes within the next two years anyway

About damn time the Kings went back to that font. That Sacramento and Kings font looked like something a child drew in art class.

If there was no cap in the nba, it'd be the Knicks vs the Lakers every year in the finals. I wish
pimp.gif

They could buy all the talent they want. There's only 11 spots on a team. Those Spurs and Thunder teams will always be there knocking them off.

Same as in MLB. Yankees won their last World Series when? How many in the last decade? They winning every year? Nah man, but the players are getting what they are worth at every position, and the league is healthier than its ever been

Take the wordmark on the black jersey and use it for all the jerseys

They're most likely making changes within the next two years anyway
Yea i think they're doing a quick refresh for now and working on a big change that takes longer to process.

One of the minority owners was recently on twitter talking about logo changes and asking peoples suggestions and said something about it taking a couple years to happen

If there was no cap in the nba, it'd be the Knicks vs the Lakers every year in the finals. I wish
pimp.gif

The Lakers aren't owned by an obsessed billionaire.

Dallas and the Knicks lead the league in luxury tax paid for a reason.

I wish the Cavs would change their jerseys. Go black to blue and orange again.

I hate the current joints. Never was a fan of them.

There's enough teams wearing blue in the NBA, keep the wine & gold and back to Lebron era template
Those would sharp :pimp:

Or go completely left field maybe the browns colors, just something unique

Way too much blue in the NBA

Can't wait to see what the Warriors do when they move into that new Arena is San Francisco in 2019-20. San Francisco Warriors

Last edited:
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 2h
Story soon to hit online: ESPN sources say Rockets will turn attention to trying to pry Chris Bosh out of Miami IF Melo passes on Houston

Really who HOU should have been targeting from the outset, a much better fit for their team.

Story soon to hit online: ESPN sources say Rockets will turn attention to trying to pry Chris Bosh out of Miami IF Melo passes on Houston

Really who HOU should have been targeting from the outset, a much better fit for their team.

Lord they'll be dirty with bosh there. Plus they might be able to keep parsons

They could buy all the talent they want. There's only 11 spots on a team. Those Spurs and Thunder teams will always be there knocking them off.

Same as in MLB. Yankees won their last World Series when? How many in the last decade? They winning every year? Nah man, but the players are getting what they are worth at every position, and the league is healthier than its ever been

Don't compare an individual driven sport like basketball to baseball. Baseball has way too many variables.

If their was no cap the teams that come from cities of great wealth and influence would be the only teams willing to pay a ridiculous amount of money for player contracts. There would be no Spurs with a Tim Duncan or Thunder with Kevin Durant. They'd leave once NY, LA, BOS, DAL, etc offer them 2-3 times more than any small market could.

Lord they'll be dirty with bosh there. Plus they might be able to keep parsons

i think we were always keeping parsons.

Don't compare an individual driven sport like basketball to baseball. Baseball has way too many variables.

If their was no cap the teams that come from cities of great wealth and influence would be the only teams willing to pay a ridiculous amount of money for player contracts. There would be no Spurs with a Tim Duncan or Thunder with Kevin Durant. They'd leave once NY, LA, BOS, DAL, etc offer them 2-3 times more than any small market could.

No they wouldn't. Or they'd be leaving now. Again, with the limited amount of Superstars, any f them could sign with any team right now, if said team wanted them. 60 mill is quite enough just as it is, to get a stacked 2-3 of who you want.

Man I pulled up the history of luxury tax payments from 2001-2013 that's what 13 years.

Knicks paid like 200 m's

Mavs' paid like 140 m's

Lakers paid 111 like m's

The Nets are paying 80ish for 2013-2014 alone
roll.gif

Coupé It Coupé It and I'd like you to explain to me how Basketball and Baseball are different. Tell me what these "too many variables" are that you so eloquently mention. I bet you don't know, you just heard it and thought it sounded good.

Last edited:
Can't wait to see what the Warriors do when they move into that new Arena is San Francisco in 2019-20. San Francisco Warriors
:x
I thought this was going to happen sooner.
That's a long time form now in sports, Steph Curry might not even be a Warrior at that time.

They wanted to build it on the pier and the pier is damaged and was gonna cost way too much. They just bought land by AT&T Park and they haven't even release renderings for that site. Who knows when they'll break ground

Man I pulled up the history of luxury tax payments from 2001-2013 that's what 13 years.

Knicks paid like 200 m's
Mavs' paid like 140 m's
Lakers paid 111 like m's

The Nets are paying 80ish for 2013-2014 alone :rofl:

Geesh. For what? A 2nd round out? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom