2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mavericks fans, I'm not hating but y'all aren't getting Melo

Its not happening

It was like a courtesy meeting

Yall might as well stock up on some value free agents now

You hate'n bruh.

Why in the heck is Melo going to play with the Mavericks?

The Mavericks really aren't that great

This isnt 2009, Dirk aint Dirk anymore

Monta is Monta

Now its basically like saying hey come to Charlotte and play

Al Jefferson=Dirk, Kemba Walker=Monta

Really whats the difference besides name recognition of Dirk?

You want a cool owner? The Hornets have Michael Jordan

And I believe the Hornets could actually max out Melo or Bron unlike the Mavericks

Melo to Dallas isn't that ridiculous. All comes down to what he wants for the next few years to come

The Mavericks arent really a better option than Hornets

The Mavericks won 6 more games than Charlotte did last year

The Hornets are younger and I believe they can max him out

Can anybody give me any type of basketball reason for Melo to stay with the Knicks?

Without mentioning Phil Jackson.

Do not mention his name in your response.

This is the dumbest question I've read in a LONG time. How the Hell don't you mention Phil Jackson? It's like asking why the Bulls won 6 championships without mentioning Michael Jordan.

What a ******* stupid questing. Usually, I joke around and stay light hearted, but this was beyond unbelievable haha

i dont care, hes a loser on and off the court.

not even gonna feel bad for him. remember that story i told about him crying on a documentary on ESPN in 30 years? yea thats gonna happen if he stays with the Knicks.

you should listen to NY sports radio

Why in the heck is Melo going to play with the Mavericks?

The Mavericks really aren't that great

This isnt 2009, Dirk aint Dirk anymore

Monta is Monta

Now its basically like saying hey come to Charlotte and play

Al Jefferson=Dirk, Kemba Walker=Monta

Really whats the difference besides name recognition of Dirk?

You want a cool owner? The Hornets have Michael Jordan

And I believe the Hornets could actually max out Melo or Bron unlike the Mavericks
Monta had arguably the best year of his career under Carlisle. Equating Dirk and Monta to Big Al and Kemba is bafoonery. Dirk put up one of his best years of his career at age 35.

There's a difference between a "cool owner," and a good owner. Cuban has done what it takes to get this team a shot at titles.

And as for the notion that we split up the Championship team.... Do you really think a team consisting of Jason Kidd, Jason Terry, and Shawn Marion could continue to bring them titles every year? No. They had to get younger, which they are trying to do as we speak. We brought Tyson back, Carmelo is still young, and Monta still has plenty of run left in his legs.
How is it bafoonery?

Dirk's 2014

22 ppg 6 rpg 2 apg 23.6 PER

Big Al's 2014

22ppg 10 rpg 2 apg 22.7 PER

Monta's 2014

19 ppg 3 rpg 5.7 apg 16.8 PER

Kemba's 2014

17 ppg 3 rpg 6 apg 16.8 PER

Of course Dirk can do some things that Al cant and vice versa same with Monta and Kemba

Despite what the stats say I'd say Dirk/Monta are better but they are also a combined 12 years older than Al/Kemba which makes it even out

Which is why I said " its like saying"

Tyson isnt anything brag about anymore either

How much longer can Dirk be a productive player?

Why would Melo chance it to team up with an old guard player?

But I think y'all have NO chance with Melo
jon-stewart-boom.gif

Can anybody give me any type of basketball reason for Melo to stay with the Knicks?

So you want us to mention a basketball reason, without mentioning a basketball reason? :rofl:

I'm very surprised The Heat ain't the talk of the thread The Big 3 is crumbling right in front of our eyes. All the top free agents are gone that could've helped get over that hump and Wade n Bosh still don't know what Bron wants to do :smh:

Been saying since last year he would sign with the Knicks. Even before the season ended he said mad times he wanted to be with the Knicks. Bulls roster isn't much better. His wife has said mad times they both love it there, her career has improved since and they don't want to move their son. Carmelo loves the attention and loves being a Knick. Just because NT hates the Knicks, doesn't mean Carmelo would not want to play in NY.

East is very weak.
Knicks have enough talent overall.
Bulls roster isn't as strong as some people think.
Indiana is having problems.
Miami doesn't know who's coming back.

I personally think in 2015 the Knicks will be on a championship hunt. Free Agent class of 2015 is filled with Triangle guys.

Dear god......

I'm not even gonna respond about your comment back to me but you really just said you think the Knicks will be going into the season competing for a championship this time next year.

Best joke I've heard all day.

This is the dumbest question I've read in a LONG time. How the Hell don't you mention Phil Jackson? It's like asking why the Bulls won 6 championships without mentioning Michael Jordan.

What a ******* stupid questing. Usually, I joke around and stay light hearted, but this was beyond unbelievable haha
The fact is you have reasons to go to the Bulls, but really none for the Knicks outside money. Idk what Jordan has to do with the question asked?

Because one championship in New York is all it takes.
but how are they gonna win a champion ship

the team sucks! they arent even a top 4 team in the east and the east is beyond garbage
You act like this is indefinite. We have a timeline for a reboot (which has already taken massive strides) and a GM with a plan. Melo understands that he can go somewhere else and shoulder the burden of failure, or he can stay here and share it with Phil.

I'm very surprised The Heat ain't the talk of the thread The Big 3 is crumbling right in front of our eyes. All the top free agents are gone that could've helped get over that hump and Wade n Bosh still don't know what Bron wants to do
mean.gif
Because if they create 10 million in cap space they can trade a 2nd round pick for a player that makes 10-12 million in a salary dump and still have their full MLE.

The Heat ain't dead unless Lebron leaves.

the heat big 3 are still gonna take up the same amout for the most part. just this time, lebron is taking the bigger chunk of the pie. still gonna be filled out with a bunch of old dudes. these young kids are getting paid and there is no reason for them to chase a ring and accept less money at this point in their careers.
they can try and make a run at a guy like boozer if he gets amnestied, but everyone that they are after is out of their price range. lowry talking about him willing to take a cut to win until he saw the numbers being thrown at him, lol

Been saying since last year he would sign with the Knicks. Even before the season ended he said mad times he wanted to be with the Knicks. Bulls roster isn't much better. His wife has said mad times they both love it there, her career has improved since and they don't want to move their son. Carmelo loves the attention and loves being a Knick. Just because NT hates the Knicks, doesn't mean Carmelo would not want to play in NY.

East is very weak.
Knicks have enough talent overall.
Bulls roster isn't as strong as some people think.
Indiana is having problems.
Miami doesn't know who's coming back.

i can bet you money that Knicks wont even be a top 3 team in the east next season.

The Hornets are the much better long term option plus being in the East.
Carmelo is 30. Dude needs to win right now like next year.

If I'm dude I go to Houston or Dallas with an opt out after the 2nd or 3rd year.

For record Dallas can sign Carmelo to the max and still have the ability to add another max player next year.

the heat big 3 are still gonna take up the same amout for the most part. just this time, lebron is taking the bigger chunk of the pie. still gonna be filled out with a bunch of old dudes. these young kids are getting paid and there is no reason for them to chase a ring and accept less money at this point in their careers.
they can try and make a run at a guy like boozer if he gets amnestied, but everyone that they are after is out of their price range. lowry talking about him willing to take a cut to win until he saw the numbers being thrown at him, lol

That's what I'm saying!!!!! And if the Heat ain't going to be better than last season why would Lebron waste another to come up short again just doesn't make sense

A three year deal for the max with a opt out after year two may be the way to go for LeBron.

What Dirk and Monta did last year supersedes stats. Dirk proved his still a viable player down the stretch of basketball games, and also proved that he can still lead a team of overwhelmingly inferior talent to the Playoffs, as he's done most of his career.

And Monta showed a willingness to attack the rim at will when he was starting to be considered just a jump shooter. It's not about just Monta Ellis doing what he did, but being coachable is the larger point.

Tyson Chandler only had his best year under Rick Carlisle too, :lol:

It's not about playing with Tyson, Dirk, and Monta.

It's about playing with Tyson, Dirk, and Monta UNDER Rick Carlisle.

It's rags to riches.

I know

Not all stats are created equal

Dirk and Monta are better than Big Al and Kemba but its not by some crazy amount then you have to factor in age

The Hornets have alot young prospects and cap space

Carlisle is a better PROVEN coach than Clifford

But this 4 years later since Tyson played for the Mavericks, to expect that version of him is asking alot

You also forgot Raymond Felton is your starting point guard, I'm sure Melo cant wait to be reunited with him

I think you should temper your Melo expectations and aim more realistically and hope the Mavericks get a bunch of values in the free agent market

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom