2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why in the heck is Melo going to play with the Mavericks?

The Mavericks really aren't that great

This isnt 2009, Dirk aint Dirk anymore

Monta is Monta

Now its basically like saying hey come to Charlotte and play

Al Jefferson=Dirk, Kemba Walker=Monta

Really whats the difference besides name recognition of Dirk?

You want a cool owner? The Hornets have Michael Jordan

And I believe the Hornets could actually max out Melo or Bron unlike the Mavericks

Monta had arguably the best year of his career under Carlisle. Equating Dirk and Monta to Big Al and Kemba is bafoonery. Dirk put up one of his best years of his career at age 35.

There's a difference between a "cool owner," and a good owner. Cuban has done what it takes to get this team a shot at titles.

And as for the notion that we split up the Championship team.... Do you really think a team consisting of Jason Kidd, Jason Terry, and Shawn Marion could continue to bring them titles every year? No. They had to get younger, which they are trying to do as we speak. We brought Tyson back, Carmelo is still young, and Monta still has plenty of run left in his legs.

How is it bafoonery?

Dirk's 2014

22 ppg 6 rpg 2 apg 23.6 PER

Big Al's 2014

22ppg 10 rpg 2 apg 22.7 PER

Monta's 2014

19 ppg 3 rpg 5.7 apg 16.8 PER

Kemba's 2014

17 ppg 3 rpg 6 apg 16.8 PER

Of course Dirk can do some things that Al cant and vice versa same with Monta and Kemba

Despite what the stats say I'd say Dirk/Monta are better but they are also a combined 12 years older than Al/Kemba which makes it even out

Which is why I said " its like saying"

Tyson isnt anything brag about anymore either

How much longer can Dirk be a productive player?

Why would Melo chance it to team up with an old guard player?

But I think y'all have NO chance with Melo

Last edited:
Mavericks are a great option because Rick Carlisle is their coach. Second best in the league behind Pop. Dude is a master and Melo would fit in very well with that roster. Too be honest, all of the teams chasing him besides the Knicks could be very good situations for Melo. Maybe the Lakers too :smh: :lol:

Can anybody give me any type of basketball reason for Melo to stay with the Knicks?

Without mentioning Phil Jackson.

Do not mention his name in your response.

What Dirk and Monta did last year supersedes stats. Dirk proved his still a viable player down the stretch of basketball games, and also proved that he can still lead a team of overwhelmingly inferior talent to the Playoffs, as he's done most of his career.

And Monta showed a willingness to attack the rim at will when he was starting to be considered just a jump shooter. It's not about just Monta Ellis doing what he did, but being coachable is the larger point.

Tyson Chandler only had his best year under Rick Carlisle too, :lol:

It's not about playing with Tyson, Dirk, and Monta.

It's about playing with Tyson, Dirk, and Monta UNDER Rick Carlisle.

It's rags to riches.

Last edited:
How is it bafoonery?

Dirk's 2014

22 ppg 6 rpg 2 apg 23.6 PER

Big Al's 2014

22ppg 10 rpg 2 apg 22.7 PER

Monta's 2014

19 ppg 3 rpg 5.7 apg 16.8 PER

Kemba's 2014

17 ppg 3 rpg 6 apg 16.8 PER

Of course Dirk can do some things that Al cant and vice versa same with Monta and Kemba

Despite what the stats say I'd say Dirk/Monta are better but they are also a combined 12 years older than Al/Kemba which makes it even out

Which is why I said " its like saying"

Tyson isnt anything brag about anymore either

How much longer can Dirk be a productive player?

Why would Melo chance it to team up with an old guard player?

But I think y'all have NO chance with Melo

dirk shoots 3's you are not accounting for the gravity effect of an elite shooting big. creates spacing and driving lanes, and eliminate rim protectors.

What Dirk and Monta did last year supersedes stats. Dirk proved his still a viable player down the stretch of basketball games, and also proved that he can still lead a team of overwhelmingly inferior talent to the Playoffs, as he's done most of his career.

And Monta showed a willingness to attack the rim at will when he was starting to be considered just a jump shooter. It's not about just Monta Ellis doing what he did, but being coachable is the larger point.

It's rags to riches.
The driving ability of a young Wade combined with the sharpshooting of prime Dirk. :pimp:

It's rags to riches.
The driving ability of a young Wade combined with the sharpshooting of prime Dirk. :pimp:

do we even have to say it?

monta....ALL!

Can anybody give me any type of basketball reason for Melo to stay with the Knicks?

Because one championship in New York is all it takes.

It's rags to riches.

do we even have to say it?

monta....ALL!
HE HAVE IT.

Because one championship in New York is all it takes.

but how are they gonna win a champion ship

the team sucks! they arent even a top 4 team in the east and the east is beyond garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom