2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
K, I hear that.

So, Phil wasn't able to coach up a Derek Fisher?

Or Rick Fox?

Or nurse along Jordan Farmar and Sasha Vuajacic? Andrew Bynum?

Lamar Odom, a career underachiever, played his best under Phil.

Hell, Kwame Brown's best days came with Phil. Luke Walton's best days came under Phil, hell, Smush Parker was useable for like a year under Phil.

Shannon Brown?

Trevor Ariza?

Horace Grant?

BJ Armstrong?

Dennis Rodman was a side show, and he played "straight" for Phil. (I use that term loosely :lol: )

Pau Gasol was 0-12 in his playoff career before he joined Phil.

So what, Pop is the only one who coaches guys up, and uses his bench? How many times did you see Phil sit there while his team was on a 0-20 run, and not call timeout, just let his players learn and grow from it, and then correct it later?

How many of his bench guys got shine in 4th quarters, because he put them in those spots? Kerr, Paxson, Fisher, Horry, Harper, Shaw, etc.

You sure you paid attention to Phil's career? REALLY sure?

No more should be said after this man... Phil is the greatest coach of all time.

No more should be said after this man... Phil is the greatest coach of all time.
but i can see the argument for pop hell for riley.... i would wager based on team personal etc... players one of these coaches could have more success then the other given the different scenarios. 

^^comparing Melo to Kobe. Kobe had a all around game and has won.
Carmelo will lead you nowhere.
the man averaged 27 8 and 3. sounds all around to me. defense could improve but **** it

i don't care about anyone on the team averaging 5+ assists save for my pg. 

Kobe is the definition of a one on one player and it's getting him to the HOF with a fist full of rings.  Where you been?

They forget their can only be one champion a year, every star isnt gonna win a nba title, melo is a first ballot hof'er and will go down as one of the greatest scorers ever whether you agree or not

K, I hear that.

So, Phil wasn't able to coach up a Derek Fisher?

Or Rick Fox?

Or nurse along Jordan Farmar and Sasha Vuajacic? Andrew Bynum?

Lamar Odom, a career underachiever, played his best under Phil.

Hell, Kwame Brown's best days came with Phil. Luke Walton's best days came under Phil, hell, Smush Parker was useable for like a year under Phil.

Shannon Brown?

Trevor Ariza?

Horace Grant?

BJ Armstrong?

Dennis Rodman was a side show, and he played "straight" for Phil. (I use that term loosely :lol: )

Pau Gasol was 0-12 in his playoff career before he joined Phil.

So what, Pop is the only one who coaches guys up, and uses his bench? How many times did you see Phil sit there while his team was on a 0-20 run, and not call timeout, just let his players learn and grow from it, and then correct it later?

How many of his bench guys got shine in 4th quarters, because he put them in those spots? Kerr, Paxson, Fisher, Horry, Harper, Shaw, etc.

You sure you paid attention to Phil's career? REALLY sure?

When you're up there as the greatest coach of all time I would hope Phil is capable of doing those things. I never said he couldnt and thats not what im arguing. Again, do we go into the hypotheticals? Could Phil win a championship with Jordan, Kobe, Shaq, sitting on the bench the majority of the game and just let those guys you listed play perhaps some of the greatest team basketball the world has ever seen? Maybe, probably not, but it doesnt really matter. You can have Phil #1 and thats fine, I would be crazy to think you are absurd for thinking that. But the fact that you're coming at me like im 100% wrong about Pop and you are 100% right about Phil is why I think Phil is overrated, which is what I am arguing. Unless you dont think im crazy, and this is just your way of having a good ol's discussion about orange ball.

Last edited:
Michael e*****in Jordan!

Shaquille e******in O'Neal!

Kobe e********in Bryant!

Like 90 percent of the world knows who these guys are

Like the 85 year lady who doesn't watch the NBA knows who those guys

Theres a reason why the whole world knows who these guys are

Because they are such great talents

MJ and Shaq were dominating before they met Phil

Phil enhanced them but lets not act Phil is some deity, heads and shoulders above every other coach

Oh?

So, MJ and Shaq were rackin up titles before Phil got there huh?

Oh wait, no, that's not how it happened. At all.

Jordan was winning NBA MVPs, NBA Defensive Player of the Year, scoring titles before Phil got there

Shaq was being named to All NBA teams, finishing 2nd in the MVP race, winning scoring titles, and got to a NBA Finals when he beat Phil and MJ on route to

So basically they were dominant

Its like Lebron wasnt anything before he met Spolestra because he didnt win a title before

Disingenuous :smh:

Don't.want Melo on the Lakers.... Dude really in love with Melo like that. One on one players don't get you anywhere. Carmelo is fools gold. Can't lead a team anywhere..

Kobe is the definition of a one on one player and it's getting him to the HOF with a fist full of rings.  Where you been?
No

Even when Kobe was playing bums he still averaged more assists than Melo ever has

Melo is kinda a ball stopper
assists factor in someone else making a shot. kobe's had better talent not like I care. like i said earlier, my sf doesnt have to give me 5 or 6 dimes a game. 8 rebounds is great and equal more possessions. don't get me wrong kobe is my favorite player of all time but Melo is great in his own right. 27 and 8

..^^. Let me know when he does something in the post season if that ever happens.

not going to happen... Melo ain't that nice bro. Straight black hole status. That doesn't work in the playoffs. He's not Kobe. Not even close.

Last edited:
Collison to SAC is interesting. Give me Lil Zeke and Luol Deng as a consolation for missing out on Melo if it comes to that.

..^^. Let me know when he does something in the post season if that ever happens.

not going to happen... Melo ain't that nice bro. Straight black hole status. That doesn't work in the playoffs. He's not Kobe. Not even close.
only player touching kobe is mike to me but that's a different story. 

we'll have to agree to disagree about Melo not being nice. what makes you nice if not your numbers though? aren't his playoff numbers on par with his reg season numbers. 

and if black hole status means what i think, this makes me think you haven't seen kobe play in last dozen years. my boy will hit you with 7 pump fakes (that fool no one) while double teamed and still end up shooting the jumper. come on man. don't let your biases cloud your judgement

Julius F. Wrek
You know it's fire the way Deandre is eying it.

smokin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom