2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
My definition of overrated doesn't mean someone still can't be great. For the longest time now it seems 99% of everyone said Phil was the best and seemed to be certain about it. I personally have had pop at #1 for some time given how he recruited and developed the situation he's currently in. So yeah I think Phil has been overrated. Doesnt mean he's still not #2. I think its been the extreme confidence people have had that hes #1 that is what makes him overrated more than anything.

Ok, so then let me ask you, does it worry you that Pop lost to Phil 4 out of 5 times?

Or that Pop has had the same "core" of 3 HOFers from 03 to 14, yet never once defended his title?

Whereas Phil has 3 peated 3 times, and repeated another time?

Or that Phil, while coaching great players to be sure, coached 4 different "cores" for those 11 titles, and 13 Finals appearances? And as we stated with Pop, he coached the same 3 HOFers for an 11 year stretch.

Phil never had more than 5 years straight with the same guys.

Or as I said earlier, Pop made 4 of his 6 Finals when Phil wasn't coaching, while Phil went to 7 Finals in 10 years in the same conference as Pop.

I assume, none of that matters to you, Pop is still #1, right? Seems kinda shaky for you, don't it?

Im well aware of Phils resume and I dont necessarily think it always translates to ones ability to coach. Kinda like how Russell isnt the greatest of all time because just of his rings. There's much more to coaching than calling out X's and O's during the game. Im fascinated at Pop's ability to go find a teenage Parker and Ginobli and then to coach them up to what they've become now. Im fascinated that he was capable of winning a championship primarily only using his bench players. Pop has showed the world multiple times what great coaching can do. Not just watching Jordan, Kobe, or Shaq take over a game again and again. Now we can go back and forth about the hypotheticals. Did Jordan make Phil or did Phil Make Jordan? How about Kobe, or Shaq? Would Pop have been more successful with those guys? Could Phil do what Pop did? But the fact that you're coming at me like im 100% wrong about Pop and you are 100% right about Phil because of a resume is exactly why I think he's overrated. They're both great coaches and on each others heels.

K, I hear that.

So, Phil wasn't able to coach up a Derek Fisher?

Or Rick Fox?

Or nurse along Jordan Farmar and Sasha Vuajacic? Andrew Bynum?

Lamar Odom, a career underachiever, played his best under Phil.

Hell, Kwame Brown's best days came with Phil. Luke Walton's best days came under Phil, hell, Smush Parker was useable for like a year under Phil.

Shannon Brown?

Trevor Ariza?

Horace Grant?

BJ Armstrong?

Dennis Rodman was a side show, and he played "straight" for Phil. (I use that term loosely :lol: )

Pau Gasol was 0-12 in his playoff career before he joined Phil.

So what, Pop is the only one who coaches guys up, and uses his bench? How many times did you see Phil sit there while his team was on a 0-20 run, and not call timeout, just let his players learn and grow from it, and then correct it later?

How many of his bench guys got shine in 4th quarters, because he put them in those spots? Kerr, Paxson, Fisher, Horry, Harper, Shaw, etc.

You sure you paid attention to Phil's career? REALLY sure?

Know it doesn't mean much, but Kobe flew in for the Melo meeting. Would love to see Kobe hand the team over to Melo and let him finish his career there. Damn I hope Julius Randle pans out.

K, I hear that.

Or Rick Fox?

Hell, Kwame Brown's best days came with Phil. Luke Walton's best days came under Phil, hell, Smush Parker was useable for like a year under Phil.

Shannon Brown?

Trevor Ariza?

Horace Grant?

BJ Armstrong?

Dennis Rodman was a side show, and he played "straight" for Phil. (I use that term loosely :lol: )

So what, Pop is the only one who coaches guys up, and uses his bench? How many times did you see Phil sit there while his team was on a 0-20 run, and not call timeout, just let his players learn and grow from it, and then correct it later?

How many of his bench guys got shine in 4th quarters, because he put them in those spots? Kerr, Paxson, Fisher, Horry, Harper, Shaw, etc.

View media item 1020259

Because all that **** is in the past and all you dudes are just gonna argue back and forth about opinions you formed years ago.

And?

You argue page after page after page about your stupid bull ****, why now you tellin people to shut up when they actually discussing something without any sort of ill will or bad blood or anything?

You don't wanna read it, then put us all on ignore and be gone. Simple solution.

View media item 1059325

Know it doesn't mean much, but Kobe flew in for the Melo meeting. Would love to see Kobe hand the team over to Melo and let him finish his career there. Damn I hope Julius Randle pans out.

Kobe said weeks ago that he would be there when Carmelo visited the Lakers.

The real question is, did Kobe put on a private workout for Carmelo?????

i didn't see much of darren collison in dallas. all of his numbers + advanced metrics look the same as this year w/LAC. what was the difference?
K, I hear that.

Or Rick Fox?

Shannon Brown?

Trevor Ariza?

Horace Grant?

BJ Armstrong?

Dennis Rodman was a side show, and he played "straight" for Phil. (I use that term loosely
laugh.gif
)

Don't emm mess with Phil like that but that's a damn good argument.

Michael e*****in Jordan!

Shaquille e******in O'Neal!

Kobe e********in Bryant!

Like 90 percent of the world knows who these guys are

Like the 85 year lady who doesn't watch the NBA knows who those guys

Theres a reason why the whole world knows who these guys are

Because they are such great talents

MJ and Shaq were dominating before they met Phil

Phil enhanced them but lets not act Phil is some deity, heads and shoulders above every other coach

Last edited:

Kobe said weeks ago that he would be there when Carmelo visited the Lakers.

The real question is, did Kobe put on a private workout for Carmelo?????
Im sure you know the answer to that. I refuse to believe Rose did that.

Phil needs to find a way to bring lance to ny, shump has to go, lance would be a superstar if he came home, you see how ny made Lin & JR

Pop and Phil are very close in ability and I wouldnt object to someone swinging either way but I'm rolling with Pop

Don't.want Melo on the Lakers.... Dudes really in love with Melo like that. One on one players don't get you anywhere. Carmelo is fools gold. Can't lead a team anywhere..

Last edited:
Don't.want Melo on the Lakers.... Dude really in love with Melo like that. One on one players don't get you anywhere. Carmelo is fools gold. Can't lead a team anywhere..
Kobe is the definition of a one on one player and it's getting him to the HOF with a fist full of rings.  Where you been?

Michael e*****in Jordan!

Shaquille e******in O'Neal!

Kobe e********in Bryant!

Like 90 percent of the world knows who these guys are

Like the 85 year lady who doesn't watch the NBA knows who those guys

Theres a reason why the whole world knows who these guys are

Because they are such great talents

MJ and Shaq were dominating before they met Phil

Phil enhanced them but lets not act Phil is some deity, heads and shoulders above every other coach

Oh?

So, MJ and Shaq were rackin up titles before Phil got there huh?

Oh wait, no, that's not how it happened. At all.

Don't.want Melo on the Lakers.... Dude really in love with Melo like that. One on one players don't get you anywhere. Carmelo is fools gold. Can't lead a team anywhere..

Kobe is the definition of a one on one player and it's getting him to the HOF with a fist full of rings.  Where you been?

No

Even when Kobe was playing bums he still averaged more assists than Melo ever has

Melo is kinda a ball stopper

lol its just funny dude said one on one players dont get anywhere all while saying i wouldnt want melo on the lakers.... a laker team that has kobe, a 5 times proven one on one player.

^^comparing Melo to Kobe. Kobe had a all around game and has won.
Carmelo will lead you nowhere....hes trash to lead a franchise.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom