2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phil isnt overrated but at same time the level of talent he's coached is far superior to Pop

Nobody would take Duncan, Robinson, Parker and Manu over Jordan, Kobe, Shaq, Pippen, Gasol, Rodman, Malone and Payton

I think Phil has to be top because of the stats but if the casts were switched I dont think Phil would stay be tops

Are you for real listing Rodman, Malone and Payton? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Then I guess I should use Bruce Bowen, Steve Smith, Tracy McGrady for Popovich, yes? :lol:

laugh.gif

Are you for real listing Rodman, Malone and Payton?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Then I guess I should use Bruce Bowen, Steve Smith, Tracy McGrady for Popovich, yes?
laugh.gif
rodman was still putting in work, and was still hands down the leagues best rebounder and arguably one of the best defensive players in the L, malone and payton....... now yea lol they pretty much was washed up status.

I've laid out my reasoning for Horry in the HOF enough, but the simple gist is this

One man in NBA history has won multiple rings with 3 franchises. Just one, in 65+ years of league history.

Robert, Horry.

And while his numbers are nothing, his playoff/championship altering moments are so numerous, only 2-3 others could match him moment for moment.

Will he actually make it into the Hall? No, probably not. But league history is written with his name all over it, and guys like Shaq, Hakeem, Drexler, Kobe, Duncan, Rudy, Phil, and Pop should all be very thankful for what he did.

Robert Horry won 7 chips with 3 teams and at every stage of his career at that

All the while hitting huge shots when it mattered most

thats hall of fame to me

My definition of overrated doesn't mean someone still can't be great. For the longest time now it seems 99% of everyone said Phil was the best and seemed to be certain about it. I personally have had pop at #1 for some time given how he recruited and developed the situation he's currently in. So yeah I think Phil has been overrated. Doesnt mean he's still not #2. I think its been the extreme confidence people have had that hes #1 that is what makes him overrated more than anything.

Last edited:
Phil is competing for a title within 3 years if Melo stays. If he doesn't, he's still doing work. ECF run is in there in 3. He's got a good of chance in NY as Chicago. I think arose stays healthy too, still equal chances in NY

i didn't see much of darren collison in dallas. all of his numbers + advanced metrics look the same as this year w/LAC. what was the difference?

It's crazy that Collinson is on his 5th team already.

The Courtney Lee NBA tour treatment.

Last edited:
It may sound like a joke, but I do believe both Horry AND Derek Fisher get in eventually
horry yea probably fisher iuno... i mean there are players like cwebb that arent even in the hof... hell i dont even think kukoc is in the hof, hell larry johnson isnt even in the hof, hell dikembe was denied hof..... 

All to which had better careers the horry and def fisher.

i didn't see much of darren collison in dallas. all of his numbers + advanced metrics look the same as this year w/LAC. what was the difference?

he had one solid playoff gm on national tv.
remember, he was losing his job to dfish, mike james not that far back :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom