2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBH I don't understand all the hype about Melo either. I guess since he's a big name FA but that's about it. He doesn't command a max deal to me. He's not an essential piece to winning a 'ship. Lettuce be cereal, does Melo make you an instant contender??
Phil doesnt even want to give him a max deal

If the Knicks had the pieces in place I don't think Phil would have any issue with giving Melo a max deal. Since the Knicks screwed their cap, Phil is trying to save every penny possible in order to get them heading in the right direction.

You people that think Phil is overrated are so beyond lost it's not even funny.

In 18 years, he went to the Finals 13 times.
laugh.gif

He did that with 4 different cores, with key pieces for each, of course.

Pop, who you all admire so much, and has had 4-5 HOFers himself over that span, has gone 6 times in 16 years.

You ready for this? 4 of the 6 times that Pop has gone to the Finals have been years where Phil was not coaching. 99, 05, 13-14.

Stop grasping at underdogs, and MJ-Shaqing people to death with your "overrated".

Yeah, Salma Hayek's alright, but I wouldn't do nothin with her.

Yeah, that Ferrari's ok, but it's kinda meh.

That's you guys with Phil is overrated. The man could lose 125 straight playoff games, and still have a .500 record. It would take 31 years to lose 125 straight playoff games. Shut the **** up overrated.
laugh.gif
Not disagreeing with you, just curious....Who are the 4-5 HOFers Pop coached?

Zach Lowe@ZachLowe_NBA 3m

Never reported or said this. Irresponsible RT @NBAFLASHNEWS: The Pacers are looking to acquire Rondo from the Celtics. (Via Zach Lowe

What, dude? :lol:

That's my opinion. You don't it, keep it moving.

Haha I know. I get that. Just know whenever you post anything about 5 lames willl post anti-Cleveland things to get under your skin... and it normally works :lol:

And thats when I delete their posts at attempts to derail the thread.....next is suspensions.

I'm here to argue basketball. Not the cities of where people come from.

And thats when I delete their posts at attempts to derail the thread.....next is suspensions.

I'm here to argue basketball. Not the cities of where people come from.

I get that dude, but at the same time you do instigate sometimes.

Making fun of Cleveland sports is common here because it's the easy thing to do. I can't deny that. I chuckle sometimes... ah what the hell I'm done rambling.

Proceed with the NBA Off-Season thread.

Dragic to Indy, eh?

God I'm so tired of coming into this thread and seeing nothing but idiots talking about how crappy Cleveland is. Is it really still funny to you guys?

David Robinson, Tim Duncan, Tony Parker will be a hall of famer also. You dudes act like Pop has coached bums FOH man. If Phil is overrated than so is he.

Phil Jackson isn't overrated, and Pop isn't far away from him. Look at the talent Phil had in comparison to Pop, of course Phil is going to have more rings. IMO Pop is a better Xs & Os coach, whereas Phil was a better motivator and could pull the max potential out of players.

Also, rings are a large part of coaching placement, but it isn't everything. Red Auerbach isn't a better coach coach than Pop IMO, and EVERYBODY KNOWS Erik Spoelstra isn't a better coach than Doc Rivers or Rick Carlisle.
I asked a question though....

If rings are everything how isnt red better than phil if he won 9 in 11 seasons, yall dudes are hypocrites when it comes to rings its laughable,

Certain players are top 10 because of how many rings they have but tony parker isnt considered a top 5 pg all time but he has 4 rings

Bro both Phil and Pop have coached hall of famers. Phil has 11 rings and has managed to 3 peat 3 times. Pop has never even managed to win back to back titles. He also has been bounced in the 1st round to an 8th seed. He is nowhere close to Phil end of discussion. 

Bro both Phil and Pop have coached hall of famers. Phil has 11 rings and has managed to 3 peat 3 times. Pop has never even managed to win back to back titles. He also has been bounced in the 1st round to an 8th seed. He is nowhere close to Phil end of discussion. 
....But I was asking a honest question

God I'm so tired of coming into this thread and seeing nothing but idiots talking about how crappy Cleveland is. Is it really still funny to you guys?

It's never the regulars so I just ignore it now.

Not afraid to call any of you out tho. I actually rep the city I come from unlike 90% of you.

Last edited:

WHY WOULD HE SIGN TO CHICAGO WITH A QUESTIONABLE D ROSE?

WHY??

WHO THE HELL IS GONNA HELP HIM ON OFFENSE???

They don't even have a BENCH yet.
Because the benefits involved in this situation. In theory, even if D Rose got hurt again, or is never the same, Melo plus the rest of that Bulls team is still good enough to be the best team in the East and get to the finals.

Having a bench is overrated come playoff time. (Unless you are the Spurs) Most teams only go 7, maybe 8 deep if that in the playoffs anyway. Melo alone with the rest of the Bulls is good enough to win the east.

There are no other alternatives out there that allow for Melo to have as good of a chance to play for a ring as playing for Chicago would do for him. No team in the west with the addition of Melo become overwhelming favorites. With Chicago, he makes the bulls automatically ECF finalist and depending on the rest of the make up of the conference, automatic NBA finalist.
one of the craziest things i've ever read in here. everyone needs a decent bench. the heat's bench was vital to their title last year. i do agree that the bulls can be a contender with Melo.
Winning in New York makes you a big deal

It's a huge market

Melo wins there and he's mentioned in same breath as Lebron
bringing a title to new york does add to his already first ballot hof status but people wouldn't put him in the same breathe as lebron though. melo gets a raw deal from a lot of people 
I think Melo is an idiot if he goes to Chicago.

An owner who never pays tax. Depending on two injury prone players to be your sidekicks that make a lot of money so you married to them and you gotta pay state tax and city tax.

Only teams he should even consider are the Texas teams and as much as I hate to say it The Lakers.

Frankly I don't see why he wouldn't go to Houston outside of coach that's the best situation.

The west is tough but coaching is important coaching is why Dirk, Monta and fodder took the Spurs to 7 while the Blazers damn near got swept.

As far as Melo coming to Dallas I don't think he's coming but it wouldn't shock me.

With Canadian income tax we could have got Lowery at 40-42 mil and it would have been the same to him.

Gimme that and Luol Deng and I would have took it.

After this Melo gibberish is over I want Born Ready.
you can't complain about taxes and in the next breath send the man to L.A. 

Even if Miami rolls out the wheelchair squad again??
Unless Lebron dies yes.
you're giving Lebron too much credit. he can't do it alone. if Melo goes to the Bulls and Rose comes back at an allstar level, i'll take the bulls over the heat's roster

I'm reading different team threads in this forum and realizing Bulls fans don't want LeBron and Lakers fans don't want Melo. What the hell is wrong with you people.
I'll take Melo and I am a Lakers fan
+1
TBH I don't understand all the hype about Melo either. I guess since he's a big name FA but that's about it. He doesn't command a max deal to me. He's not an essential piece to winning a 'ship. Lettuce be cereal, does Melo make you an instant contender??
27 and 8....bruh you're launching. his offense would have won the bulls 10+ more games and put them in the ECF (at least). if cleveland or anyone else is considering a max deal for Hayward, Melo should get a max deal a 10% share of the team upon retirement and the rights to the owner's daughter

I don't think Phil and Pop are that distant from each other. Yes Phil won a lot, and yeah pop has had 4 HOFers. Phil has had arguably 3 of the top 10 NBA players ever. And he conveniently dipped and came back in the mid 2000s, that always rubbed me the wrong way. Overrated though? Never that.

You people that think Phil is overrated are so beyond lost it's not even funny.

In 18 years, he went to the Finals 13 times. :lol:

He did that with 4 different cores, with key pieces for each, of course.

Pop, who you all admire so much, and has had 4-5 HOFers himself over that span, has gone 6 times in 16 years.

You ready for this? 4 of the 6 times that Pop has gone to the Finals have been years where Phil was not coaching. 99, 05, 13-14.

Stop grasping at underdogs, and MJ-Shaqing people to death with your "overrated".

Yeah, Salma Hayek's alright, but I wouldn't do nothin with her.

Yeah, that Ferrari's ok, but it's kinda meh.

That's you guys with Phil is overrated. The man could lose 125 straight playoff games, and still have a .500 record. It would take 31 years to lose 125 straight playoff games. Shut the **** up overrated. :lol:

David, Duncan, Manu, Parker. I'd advocate for Horry too, but he may not make it.

And who knows where Kawhi is headed. Obviously way too early, but maybe someday he joins the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom