2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just catching up with all this free agency stuff from yesterday. Messed up that Jeremy Lin got Larry Drewed....

aceventurathumbsup.gif

Phil Jackson isn't overrated, and Pop isn't far away from him. Look at the talent Phil had in comparison to Pop, of course Phil is going to have more rings. IMO Pop is a better Xs & Os coach, whereas Phil was a better motivator and could pull the max potential out of players.

Also, rings are a large part of coaching placement, but it isn't everything. Red Auerbach isn't a better coach coach than Pop IMO, and EVERYBODY KNOWS Erik Spoelstra isn't a better coach than Doc Rivers or Rick Carlisle.

TBH I don't understand all the hype about Melo either. I guess since he's a big name FA but that's about it. He doesn't command a max deal to me. He's not an essential piece to winning a 'ship. Lettuce be cereal, does Melo make you an instant contender??

TBH I don't understand all the hype about Melo either. I guess since he's a big name FA but that's about it. He doesn't command a max deal to me. He's not an essential piece to winning a 'ship. Lettuce be cereal, does Melo make you an instant contender??
With a solid team..... YES!

We all know that Lakers and Bulls fans are going to vehemently deny that Phil is overrated.

But he truly is. Face it.

Phil Jackson isn't overrated, and Pop isn't far away from him. Look at the talent Phil had in comparison to Pop, of course Phil is going to have more rings. IMO Pop is a better Xs & Os coach, whereas Phil was a better motivator and could pull the max potential out of players.

Also, rings are a large part of coaching placement, but it isn't everything. Red Auerbach isn't a better coach coach than Pop IMO, and EVERYBODY KNOWS Erik Spoelstra isn't a better coach than Doc Rivers or Rick Carlisle.
if phil wasnt the one who got two alpha males to play in sync and go down in history as one of the best tandems ever, who did? 

the gif and pic usage in the last couple pages....has been atrocious. Such a waste.

You people that think Phil is overrated are so beyond lost it's not even funny.

In 18 years, he went to the Finals 13 times. :lol:

He did that with 4 different cores, with key pieces for each, of course.

Pop, who you all admire so much, and has had 4-5 HOFers himself over that span, has gone 6 times in 16 years.

You ready for this? 4 of the 6 times that Pop has gone to the Finals have been years where Phil was not coaching. 99, 05, 13-14.

Stop grasping at underdogs, and MJ-Shaqing people to death with your "overrated".

Yeah, Salma Hayek's alright, but I wouldn't do nothin with her.

Yeah, that Ferrari's ok, but it's kinda meh.

That's you guys with Phil is overrated. The man could lose 125 straight playoff games, and still have a .500 record. It would take 31 years to lose 125 straight playoff games. Shut the **** up overrated. :lol:

Just saw this...

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine Whispers are already out there, @ZachLowe_NBA, about Indy trying to pull in Boston to construct some sort of multi-team deal involving Rondo

Nevermind.

Last edited:
Phil doesnt even want to give him a max deal

We all know that Lakers and Bulls fans are going to vehemently deny that Phil is overrated.

But he truly is. Face it.

if phil wasnt the one who got two alpha males to play in sync and go down in history as one of the best tandems ever, who did? 
Dude I clearly said that when I said motivator....

Hes a go-to scorer & every contender needs that besides the spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom