2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rose is done? Really? Wade and gay don't have cartilage in their knees and aren't done. I'm sure rose is not to be counted out

Welp!! Welcome back to the Spurs 
laugh.gif
"and you're gonna get 2 million or so and like it"

Rose is done.

If Melo was smart he go to Houston.

you are the worst troll

you probably dont even watch basketball so no idea why you are still in this thread SRS

Rose is done, but he hasnt even played? Im not even a Rose fan :lol:

the things going on in this thread lately with some of these trolls :x

So if I have a different opinion I'm a troll?

The things I read here are ridiculous. So everyone has to agree on a forum site?

I didn't know .

Jump off bro. You riding me a little too hard go find a life.

But yeah...

Like I was saying.

Melo and Harden will fit like KD and Harden.

Harden can facilitate.

They just need a better bench and PF.

What are people even expecting from Rose coming off another serious injury?

He didn't look that great after the 1st one and it took him 18 months to return, :lol:

I'm sure that layoff attributed to some of that, but still.

Even after the MVP season he was getting injured like every month. Then went down with the big injury in playoffs. Only 39gms that season.

Last edited:
Someone should label that video the bulls presentation to melo then edit the end to include that one scene in that melo jordan brand commercial where it look like melo sniffing some freshly baked muffins

melo prolly had rose doing cartwheels n ish :lol:

like jump n! rose like how high?

rose prolly dont wanna recruit cuz all he can talk about is his teammates
Lmao dude probably sat there coloring while Noah did all the talking

Well thats what they get for giving Paul George 91 million dollars and counting if he keeps making All NBA teams which he will

[h1]  [/h1]
[h1]Report: Pacers’ five-year, $44 million to Lance Stephenson has him looking elsewhere[/h1]
Dan Feldman

Jul 2, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT

5  Comments

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptc0mza2zgnmmgzkowvjnzrkytywnzqwymu0ytfhywni.jpeg
Lance Stephenson, Pau Gasol
Apparently, producing a movie wasn’t enough.

The Pacers might have made an entertaining pitch toLance Stephenson, but they didn’t follow it with a strong enough contract offer.

Chris Broussard of ESPN:

Keeping their current 10 players under contract, adding two minimum-salary players and re-signing Stephenson to form a 13-man roster, the Pacers could offer Stephenson a five-year, $45,630,867 contract and remain below the projected luxury-tax line.

The reported offer falls a little shy of that, but not much. Indiana might want room to add a 14th or 15th player or tweak the roster in other helpful ways, but I don’t think that’s worth losing Stephenson. If he walks, the Pacers have very limited means to replace him.

Plus, Indiana would have until the end of the regular season to make other moves to duck the luxury tax. The Pacers might not want to flirt with that line, but it’s at least an option.

Paul George  making the All-NBA third team, triggering a higher salary, is really biting Indiana here. If George received fewer votes, the Pacers would have much more room to operate.

As it stands, waiving Luis Scola  and his partially guaranteed salary is probably Indiana’s simplest option to clear extra space. However, Scola reached milestones last season that make such a measure less effective.

Tim Donahue of 8 Points, 9 Seconds:
Here’s the backstory of Scola’s deal: Originally, the salary ($11.0 million) for the final year on his deal (2014-15) was completely non-guaranteed. However, the deal said that the season could become partially or completely guaranteed if he met certain criteria over the first four years of the deal. It would have become fully guaranteed, had he been voted as a starter to the All-Star game. Other than that, he could get $500,000 guaranteed each year that he played 85% of his teams games and made the playoffs, and another $500,000 each year he either played in all 82 of his team games or  played in 85% of his team’s games and the team went at least .500.

By the time he was amnestied by Houston in the summer of 2012, he had twice met those criteria (thus guaranteeing himself $1.0 million), but the Rockets are on the hook for part of that ($559,000). Then Scola earned another $500,000 with Phoenix by playing all 82 games, and he got another $1.0mm by (a) playing 85% of the games this year with Indiana and making playoffs, and (b) playing 82 games (also playing 85% on a .500 team).

That all adds up to $2.5 million guaranteed next year, though Indy is only on the hook for $1.9 million of it.
If the Pacers waive Scola and replace him with a minimum-salary player, they could offer Stephenson up to $57,012,360 over five years. That should be more than enough to reach a deal.

Stephenson should look around to leverage a higher offer, whether in Indiana or elsewhere. He’s earned that right. After making just $3.36 million over the last four years, it’s time to get paid.

If the Pacers want to keep Scola over paying Stephenson, that’s their prerogative. It also might be Stephenson’s prerogative to leave at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom