2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging from the tweets I don't think he condones domestic violence like that, but he sounds pretty naive by saying ' if she's cool with it, then I'm cool with it'

Even if he feels that strongly about it, he should've known it was PR death to display those kinda thoughts on a public forum

He shouldn't own a social media account

Just shouldnt have said anything. I see where he was coming from 100% but if you can't word it correctly, a la stephen a smith, the backlash isnt worth the RT's

It wasn't the right thought at all. You don't have to pile on Ray Rice in order to acknowledge that he was wrong. Saying that if she's cool with it, then you're cool with it is pure stupidity. Especially considering the psyche of a victim. They often return and stay in the relationship, much like Janay did. They also rationalize the behavior and sometimes create scenarios where they can justify what happened to them. All of which is very dangerous. Everyone makes mistakes, but if a 220LB NFL running back punched my sister, mother, daughter in the face, I don't know how likely I would be to forgive. That was brute for at point blank range. 

I'm really tired of everyone talking about the "victim's thought process" now because this is a knee jerk reaction nobody was upset when they happily married months ago and nobody had spotted the footage. He didn't say he shouldn't be punished or put up free Ray Rice, he just agree's that Ray rice shouldn't be treated as if he's the worst human being on the face of the earth because he made a mistake. He has lost his entire career all his endorsements and his wife now has to go through this situation which had seemed to calm all throughout the media, and in all honesty all of these media outlets could really give a **** about her well being she's just a name to bring in views and attention now.

It wasn't the right thought at all. You don't have to pile on Ray Rice in order to acknowledge that he was wrong. Saying that if she's cool with it, then you're cool with it is pure stupidity. Especially considering the psyche of a victim. They often return and stay in the relationship, much like Janay did. They also rationalize the behavior and sometimes create scenarios where they can justify what happened to them. All of which is very dangerous. Everyone makes mistakes, but if a 220LB NFL running back punched my sister, mother, daughter in the face, I don't know how likely I would be to forgive. That was brute for at point blank range. 

I'm really tired of everyone talking about the "victim's thought process" now because this is a knee jerk reaction nobody was upset when they happily married months ago and nobody had spotted the footage. He didn't say he shouldn't be punished or put up free Ray Rice, he just agree's that Ray rice shouldn't be treated as if he's the worst human being on the face of the earth because he made a mistake. He has lost his entire career all his endorsements and his wife now has to go through this situation which had seemed to calm all throughout the media, and in all honesty all of these media outlets could really give a **** about her well being she's just a name to bring in views and attention now.

good point

If I'm an agent...I hire someone to run my client(s) twitter. They shouldn't be trusted to manage it on their own.

If I'm an agent...I hire someone to run my client(s) twitter. They shouldn't be trusted to manage it on their own.

For some people, definitely. But other players manage to handle their Twitter's competently. I follow CP3, Jamal Crawford, Blake Griffin, among others, and they do a good job of not saying anything controversial.

I thought getting catfished by a dude would've taught this guy that he should probably stay off social media sites and spend more time on sites like NT.

The Pacers are destroying all the community goodwill they were trying so hard to build up from the previous seven years.

Last edited:
lol dude is an idiot. if he thinks like that fine but to put it on on social media when hes a known athlete... :smh:

what an idiot

what did PG say?
It was a series of tweets, and I'm probably butchering this terribly, but the main points of what he said were:

- "We're making a big deal of Ray Rice; let's make a big deal of police brutality."

- "If a woman hits you and you hit her back, obviously that's not you attacking her."

- "If Ray's girl is ok w/ the situation, I'm ok w/ the situation."

- "My bad. I didn't mean to offend anyone. Domestic violence is horrible."

Last edited:
what did PG say?

"Pow! Right in the kisser."

medium_image-532e6d6a4150506664620000-coalesced

Last edited:
I wonder who PG got an angry call from first? Larry Bird, Adam Silver's office or his agent? Wouldn't surprise me if he heard from all three about deleting those tweets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom