2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Son just threw away all the sympathy he accumulated from the freak accident in a few tweets. Even if that's your opinion...WHY would you think about dropping that on the world at this point in time? Zero awareness bruh.

*****'s leg is in shambles and he still managed to put his foot in his mouth. 

The Paul George L train has no stops in 2014. Worst year ever. 
laugh.gif

Son just threw away all the sympathy he accumulated from the freak accident in a few tweets. Even if that's your opinion...WHY would you think about dropping that on the world at this point in time? Zero awareness bruh.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

AlonzoMourning.gif

All the hate he got for the abortion/nudes/horrible play instantly evaporated when he shattered his leg

Then he goes and does this...

Shouldnt he be concentrating on his rehab like tf man
And then you got this Fool J Lin constantly focusing in pranks like what is this mf doing...take that energy and work on your game homie i tell ya man :smh:

Judging from the tweets I don't think he condones domestic violence like that, but he sounds pretty naive by saying ' if she's cool with it, then I'm cool with it'

Even if he feels that strongly about it, he should've known it was PR death to display those kinda thoughts on a public forum

He shouldn't own a social media account
If he viewed the Rice footage and still Tweeted that, then yes, he does condone domestic violence

Like I said though, the thought behind his words I can agree with in a sense. To apply it to the Rice case is just moronic

It wasn't the right thought at all. You don't have to pile on Ray Rice in order to acknowledge that he was wrong. Saying that if she's cool with it, then you're cool with it is pure stupidity. Especially considering the psyche of a victim. They often return and stay in the relationship, much like Janay did. They also rationalize the behavior and sometimes create scenarios where they can justify what happened to them. All of which is very dangerous. Everyone makes mistakes, but if a 220LB NFL running back punched my sister, mother, daughter in the face, I don't know how likely I would be to forgive. That was brute for at point blank range. 

I feel you on the abortion topic but you get what's coming when you impregnate a stripper...

Did George even watch the video tape? That's the issue I have with his comments. The thought behind his words could be agreeable in a sense but to apply it to the Rice situation was beyond moronic...
More directed at @DaComeUP, it seems we disagree on the intent behind PG24's actions. My thought process is Paul George wanted to lend support to a fellow athlete through a difficult time. For example, Ray: Keep your head up, stay strong. Weather the storm.

Not what you did to Janay was acceptable, appropriate, or excusable.

I will say I doubt PG24 understands the Beverly Gooden perspective. Yes, I've researched the topic and human psychology behind it because I believe it's important to understand the psyche and dynamic between offender and victim. #WhyIStayed.

With respect, Janay isn't your sister, mother, or daughter. She's Ray's now-wife, and fiancee at the time. Therefore their personal relationship, and not our business. It only became that way when the initial video leaked, followed by the second, more damning tape being released.

Again, Ray Rice is wrong and unequivocally at fault. But it's unwise to ignore the PR spin and influence on this particular case. Greg Hardy being one of the more recent examples. To clarify, I'm calling double standard in the sense I want everyone punished as severely as Ray Rice for consistency. Not to nitpick cases or let Rice off the hook just because Hardy got off relatively easily, all things considered.

...Let's not make excuses for the stupid.
I know my viewpoint will be unpopular.

Judging from the tweets I don't think he condones domestic violence like that, but he sounds pretty naive by saying ' if she's cool with it, then I'm cool with it'

Even if he feels that strongly about it, he should've known it was PR death to display those kinda thoughts on a public forum
Bingo.

He shouldn't own a social media account

If he viewed the Rice footage and still Tweeted that, then yes, he does condone domestic violence

Like I said though, the thought behind his words I can agree with in a sense. To apply it to the Rice case is just moronic

I'm a little late. I didn't know about any footage, was just going by the tweets lol

Dead serious, for my b-day mid-August, my homie pissed himself at Grand Central waiting for the 7 back to Queens.

Man at that point of inebriation I'm just finding a corner and letting off.

Bladder game is NO joke after a certain alcohol amount, **** be feeling like life or death. :lol:

Man at that point of inebriation I'm just finding a corner and letting off.

Bladder game is NO joke after a certain alcohol amount, **** be feeling like life or death. :lol:
Cops are no joke with the patrolling in Hoboken though, just a heads up if you ever out there for NFL Sunday Funday.

Cops are no joke with the patrolling in Hoboken though, just a heads up if you ever out there for NFL Sunday Funday.

Let me know when g, I'll be sure to clean my pipes before I leave the venue.

Met something nice from Hoboken at a bar in Bushwick the other day but as you know I'm in that struggle monogamy life. :lol:

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik  

My thought process is Paul George wanted to lend support to a fellow athlete through a difficult time. 
Or he's just an absolute moron with no awareness off the court. 

Your man PG is the type of ***** to fall for one of those obvious scam e-mails that are on some "HALP! wire money here ____" steez. And you'd be in here saying he was just trying to do a good thing. 
laugh.gif

Top 5, though.

Let me know when g, I'll be sure to clean my pipes before I leave the venue.

Met something nice from Hoboken at a bar in Bushwick the other day but as you know I'm in that struggle monogamy life. :lol:
Still?

View media item 1176169
Need a good wingman. East Village has been incredibly giving. Jewish law student most recently.

Or he's just an absolute moron with no awareness off the court. 

Your man PG is the type of ***** to fall for one of those obvious scam e-mails that are on some "HALP! wire money here ____" steez. And you'd be in here saying he was just trying to do a good thing. :lol:  

Top 5, though.
Defending the player and person are different. He's terrible when it comes to insulating himself with women. What did PG24 have to gain by publicly supporting Ray Rice?

Way to get rid of any sympathy for your injury by the general public PG...

Sheesh.

When will athletes learn that nothing positive comes out of venting through twitter? :lol: :smh:

We want athletes to stop being PC and actually say stuff with substance to get upset at them even we don't like their honest opinions.

We want athletes to stop being PC and actually say stuff with substance to get upset at them even we don't like their honest opinions.

Nah man. I'm all for athletes being real.
But there's a difference between being unfiltered and being real.

Filter your thoughts, it doesn't apply to just athletes. It applies to all of us.

You can't just go around public saying everything you think to everyone, unless you wanna get KO'd.

Be real, but be conscious of what you're saying and who you're saying it to.

Last edited:
All I took from it is that if she's willing to stay with him, that's her decision. It's for them to work out together, not got the public to dictate how they do that and strip rice of his job.

I don't completely disagree with that opinion, and I'd believe there's a larger segment of the population that share that belief than some may think.

Grizz games use to be exactly like those Hawks games when they first moved to Memphis. It wasn't until the front office put together a team the city could be proud of (the grit n grind era) when it all changed.

Atlanta just have to find their niche and give the fans something they can relate to in terms of their roster. Who would have ever thought Tony Allen, Zach Randolph and Pau's little brother could change the outlook of how a city views a team? The team went from being the laughing stock of the NBA to well respected and feared in some ways. I honestly think this is why the current front office is holding on to TA and ZBo as long as possible because they are not sure what direction they will go in once they retire. :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom