2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its one thing to say he should not take the deal because UA is not known for their basketball sneakers.

Its another thing to say that people are not going to just buy UA sneakers like that because he's representing them.

You guys have to read and comprehend better. I never said anything about turning the deal down. But, its people claiming that UA is about to make some huge push because he's joining the team and no one even knows how the shoes will look first and foremost. The last pair of non-Nike basketball shoes I bought were some TMacs or Iverson's. That was about 12 years ago....its not really about a brand thing for me, but its nothing I really like outside of what Nike produces in terms of basketball shoes. If the shoes KD release under UA are NICE, I just may end up copping. I don't expect everyone to do the same because today's generation is all about the brand name.
Yeah a lot of people are wrapped up in a name but UA does have some great performing basketball shoes

Its one thing to say he should not take the deal because UA is not known for their basketball sneakers.

Its another thing to say that people are not going to just buy UA sneakers like that because he's representing them.

You guys have to read and comprehend better. I never said anything about turning the deal down. But, its people claiming that UA is about to make some huge push because he's joining the team and no one even knows how the shoes will look first and foremost. The last pair of non-Nike basketball shoes I bought were some TMacs or Iverson's. That was about 12 years ago....its not really about a brand thing for me, but its nothing I really like outside of what Nike produces in terms of basketball shoes. If the shoes KD release under UA are NICE, I just may end up copping. I don't expect everyone to do the same because today's generation is all about the brand name.

Quote one person saying UA is taking over the bball scene? Pretty sure we said he'll get paid and people would still buy his shoes because he's KD. Even said he might not sell as much (most likely) but doesn't matter because 30mil a year will make up for that

what has UA done with their only star Steph Curry???

I really haven't seen much
Nothing cause they've never gave him a Sig he just gets there new hoop shoe early in pe's. I think Brandon Jennings had a Sig that flopped but UA has come a long way since then.

If UA is actually offering 30 a year then hes def taking it. No one turns down that kind of money.

you a fool if you think lebron wouldnt do the same thing if UA or someone offered him a RIDICULOUS contract that pays way more than nike.

its all about $$$$$$$

All this talk we don't know what Nikes gonna do. It wouldn't surprise me if he resigned for 50 mil. Nike has the money.

The only UA ball shoes that have looked good have been the Brandon Jennings (Prototype BBs and Bloodlines). Otherwise, meh.

All this talk we don't know what Nikes gonna do. It wouldn't surprise me if he resigned for 50 mil. Nike has the money.
Nike isn't offering him 50 million :lol: they didn't offer that to kobe or lebron, why would they offer him that.

At the end of the day, Nike not going to cry because they lost Durant. The 2 athletes they currently have (Lebron and Kobe) own a bigger market share than KD, so I don't expect for them to beg KD to come back.

Nike isn't offering him 50 million :lol: they didn't offer that to kobe or lebron, why would they offer him that.

Most likely the 30 mil UA is offering is dependent on sales

I can't see them paying him that much if his product flops and i really can't see them making good sigs

Nike has money because they are smart. in no way shape or form are they offering KD 30 mill a year let alone 50 mill...

id like to see if this UA 30 mill a year is true tho :nerd:

Kd wants that historic shoe line... He knows where home is

I think nike can pull something off. Maybe offer him 20 mill and a percent of sales. selling the fact that he will sell more with nike making his annual earnings more than ua

And it took Nike seven years to recoup on LeBron's initial contract. Ain't no way Nike is handing out $50M to Durant per year. They'll just plug someone else into their sig line and chug along.

Bron got 90 fresh out of graduation

:rolleyes

probably the most hyped player to ever exist

why wouldnt they and it was a great investment

Nike has Durant. they know what his sales are. They know what he is worth. Now is he worth 30 a year to them? id say no. i could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom