2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
But you can't dismiss the fact that he had a bad scrimmage and he doesn't shoot as well as the other guards

That game also ended early. It was more fan service than actually making or breaking the team

That's just not true. You are in denial if you don't think they evaluated players during the game.

If PG sprained his ankle or his knee the game would've kept going. But his injury was very unique, to say the least

@MisterWallaceGA: A source tells the NY Daily News that OKC Thunder's Kevin Durant is considering a deal with Under Armour that could make him $30M a yr.

damn 30 mil a year :wow:

take the money. Nike always gave him weak sneakers anyway compared to Kobe & Lebron.

Nike has class and also a lot of pull getting him over in China and all that I wonder if UA can offer the same exposure.... but really who cares. Get that $$$$ KD career will be over in a few years

Some contracts you get a base pay and then you get a cut of sales. So it does matter who buys his shoes.

UA trying to use that DMV connection to get it done if true.

KD has enough star power to sell shoes no matter what the brand. Would he sell as much as he would at nike? Maybe, maybe not, but that 30mil a year will make up for that.

Dudes want him on nike so they can get more need colorways :lol:

KD 4,5,6 were trash anyway. I could see UA doing better than them

Last edited:
Hes kd, he can sell himself, if the sneakers look good they're gonna get copped by the fans

I don't think as many people would cop for the simple fact of it being UA. You will have some fans that still cop the shoes, but today is all about the brand name. Its easy to assume that a player like KD with Nike or Jordan means more sales in comparison to him being with a company like UA who isn't known for their basketball shoes.

I would disagree with the notion that its more important to have better wing defenders than post defenders. Its much easier to hide the deficiencies of a wing guy than it is a big. Look no further than Bargnani. How good were those raptors teams where he was their biggest player and their "rim protector" Abysmal. 

GET THEM CHECKS KEVIN DURANT GET THEM CHECKS

Part of KDs popularity can be attributed to his Nike affiliation. Signing to a company is about much more than just the bottom line. What if MJ just took the money way back when and didn't sign with Nike?

i would not buy UA personally just because it doesnt go with most of my nike gear.

I don't think as many people would cop for the simple fact of it being UA. You will have some fans that still cop the shoes, but today is all about the brand name. Its easy to assume that a player like KD with Nike or Jordan means more sales in comparison to him being with a company like UA who isn't known for their basketball shoes.

NT people yes. People buy all brands of shoes.

UA isn't known for bball shoes, but if they grab KD they WILL BE

Last edited:
He gets paid but his brand would take a huge hit. UA isn't in Nikes class of marketing and notoriety.

Hes kd, he can sell himself, if the sneakers look good they're gonna get copped by the fans

dudes only care about the swoosh these days bruh

come on

now will KD move products with UA? yes but nothing like Nike unless hes got some crazy lookin cool *** shoe

There's this thing called brand loyalty. If the customer loves Nike or any other product, they will have a hard time moving to a different product if they don't like the quality or style. For someone who owns a lot of Nike gear in terms of working out, sporting activities or just to casually wear, they are not going to go out and buy a bunch of UA KD shoes, clothes, etc.

KD should take the money. **** who buys or doesn't buy UA :lol: That really doesn't matter. You're getting 30 mil a year.

You're on NT too much. People buy all brands of shoes.

I'm on NT too much? Thanks for making that assumption. You have more posts than I do and barely been on here a year. :lol:

I know people buy all brands of shoes. I never said people only buy Nike. And all because Reebok had AI back in the day, that meant Reebok was known for their basketball shoes? What about FILA and Grant Hill? Now, UA were able to acquire more than just KD and added Lebron, Kobe and more elite level athletes, THEN they would be known for their basketball shoes. Simply acquiring one star athlete does not make them known for their basketball shoes.

Last edited:

BuO9hiPIEAEYGfZ.jpg

He looks sick.

Bron got that habit

Part of KDs popularity can be attributed to his Nike affiliation. Signing to a company is about much more than just the bottom line. What if MJ just took the money way back when and didn't sign with Nike?
Mike did take the money, hr was close to signing with converse since UNC wore them, it wasn't much but I think Nike had the biggest contract on the table.

As long as Kd continues to perform on the floor and make deep playoff runs, his "brand" will be fine with UA

UA is ready to turn the corner with their brand. All they need is one signature high profile guy, they've done a spectacular job with their basketball department, from the grassroots level all the way to the pros.

I personally hope he does it. Would be cool to see a MVP in something other than Nike reebok or Adidas.

I think he should take the deal too. It wouldn't be too smart to turn down all that money. I'm just arguing that people not going to just convert to UA shoe buyers because one star player went there ESPECIALLY if the shoes don't look as nice.

I'm on NT too much? Thanks for making that assumption. :lol:

I know people buy all brands of shoes. I never said people only buy Nike. And all because Reebok had AI back in the day, that meant Reebok was known for their basketball shoes? What about FILA and Grant Hill? Now, UA were able to acquire more than just KD and added Lebron, Kobe and more elite level athletes, THEN they would be known for their basketball shoes. Simply acquiring one star athlete does not make them known for their basketball shoes.

And who cares what the brand is "known for"? 30 MILLION A YEAR. I am are you arguing that nike is a cooler brand to be on? I guess, but money is money

Last edited:
You can just imagine with Kd, Stephan curry, and area others, UA would become very formidable very fast. Other players would sign to UA as well in the coming years if KD were to join.

Brand loyalty is a real thing however...but F that, 30 mil a year. Who cares if people dont buy. Gotta jump at that :lol:

You're on NT too much. People buy all brands of shoes.

I'm on NT too much? Thanks for making that assumption. You have more posts than I do and barely been on here a year. :lol:

Almost 12,000 posts in 10 months. An AVERAGE of 40 a day. :rofl:

We need to bring back the daily post limit.

Last edited:
Its one thing to say he should not take the deal because UA is not known for their basketball sneakers.

Its another thing to say that people are not going to just buy UA sneakers like that because he's representing them.

You guys have to read and comprehend better. I never said anything about turning the deal down. But, its people claiming that UA is about to make some huge push because he's joining the team and no one even knows how the shoes will look first and foremost. The last pair of non-Nike basketball shoes I bought were some TMacs or Iverson's. That was about 12 years ago....its not really about a brand thing for me, but its nothing I really like outside of what Nike produces in terms of basketball shoes. If the shoes KD release under UA are NICE, I just may end up copping. I don't expect everyone to do the same because today's generation is all about the brand name.

People say dudes only care about the swoosh as if there getting a piece of his 30 mil. I'm the consumer. Nike makes the best looking basketball sneakers period. If UA makes a good looking shoe I'm with it but I don't anticipate his UA line out doing what his Nike line could. I buy shoes, so what do I care what another man is paid? Good looking shoes is all I want. 30 mil is good for him but does nothing for me. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom