2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyrie has been a priority for Team USA since 2012. Wall has not been invited to these events up until this point. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

It wasn't really just a pickup game/scrimmage like you and the other guy are saying...this was a real game with refs where guys were visibly battling against eachother for a spot on the team. I saw Curry and Kyrie play defense like I've never seen them play before.

I'm pretty sure how these guys looked in this nationally televised game was probably close to how they looked in practice as well.

lol at this whole cavs has a big three..... Lets see a guy who just started making the allstar game w/o any playoff experience and isnt even discussed as the best at his position.... and a guy in kevin love who racked up stats on a go nowhere team lol....

yea thats the same as a guy who at one time was a finals mvp and top or top 2 at his position and a guy who lead his team to multiple playoff runs with multiple all star appearances... kids say the silliest thing.

Last edited:
It doesn't surprise me at all and I'm kinda glad they didn't make the team. I'm sure Wall and Beal said to each other at some point after finding out (that's cool we'll show em) or something along those lines. So the added motivation is good for the Wizards.

From a team and tactical standpoint though it doesn't make sense. Like dude said what really besides score do the others do that's better than Wall? I'd say Wall is better than the rest in many other areas besides scoring. With the exception of D Rose who when healthy is a much better player than Wall at this point. No arguments there and I'm a huge Wizards fan.

mean.gif
besides shoot what makes wall not as good as dame steph & kyrie

Underperforming in a scrimmage? Oh
well theres your answer...theres nothing really wall does better then them aka passing, court vision etc.... but there are things the others do better then him and as you said thats shooting. 

I you have three guys who pretty much in terms of handles, passing, etc... are on par and one or two of the guys are better shooters... why would you take the guy who doesnt shoot as well?

You'll take him because you lost your best perimeter defender (Paul George) and Wall is a better defender than all the other PGs chosen. We need a steal and block montage of Wall from last year. In the 3 OT game vs Toronto dude changed the game multiple times on the defensive end.

Kevin Love? Mr 25 n 12

please go to sleep and stop trolling

25 and 12 is great so long as he's not getting abused on defense

Kevin Love doesn't get abused on defense. He's not a great defender, but he isn't a turnstile. He's an average defender and the numbers show that.

As far as team USA goes, Rose and Curry are much better than John Wall. Kyrie and Wall are a wash as far as I'm concerned, neither is significantly better than the other. When it comes to Olympic play, you obviously take the better shooter in that scenario.

Last edited:
Kevin Loves ineptitude on defense is over exaggerated, just like the "LeBron isnt a good jump shooter" narrative. Things stick and people never let it go. Even when Curry begins to greatly improve on defense, it will never be anything other than "Steph is a weak on ball defender, they hide him on X guy because he cant guard Y

lol at this whole cavs has a big three..... Lets see a guy who just started making the allstar game w/o any playoff experience and isnt even discussed as the best at his position.... and a guy in kevin love who racked up stats on a go nowhere team lol....

yea thats the same as a guy who at one time was a finals mvp and top or top 2 at his position and a guy who lead his team to multiple playoff runs with multiple all star appearances... kids say the silliest thing.

3 All stars are usually called big 3. It's not that hard. When Nash Dirk and Finley played together, some called them big 3. Washington used to also have their big 3 when Hibachi, Jamison and Butler played together. You say big 3 like it has to be top 3 players playing together in one team. It's not. What Cavs have in their roster is actually pretty good and that's why people are talking about it. Don't try to talk it down just b/c you don't like them.

Was steph guarding cp3 in the playoffs?
No he was not the primary defender of Paul for most of the series, but not because of supposed deficiencies on Curry's part, but because the plan was to keep size on Paul. Klay guarded him for the most part, Steph helped off Matt Barnes aka Wing Kendrick Perkins. 

Doesn't love defend the weaker post player most of the time?

I know he rarely guards Blake and they throw him on DJ

If he does you could say its because he does so much on the offensive end and rebounding offensive and defensive that they have to give him a break somewhere on the floor. With the numbers Love puts up I can care less about his D. There's 4 other dudes on the floor. Let them play D.

I'm speaking of towards the numbers saying love isn't that bad of a defender.

It's similar to GSW hiding steph on 2's IMO

Kevin Loves ineptitude on defense is over exaggerated, just like the "LeBron isnt a good jump shooter" narrative. Things stick and people never let it go. Even when Curry begins to greatly improve on defense, it will never be anything other than "Steph is a weak on ball defender, they hide him on X guy because he cant guard Y
Him and Pek by the numbers were the worst rim protecting duo in the NBA. I think it's warranted. Sure you can throw some advanced stat at me that is going to be largely skewed because he defensive rebounds well.

In the NBA now it's more important IMO to have better perimeter defenders than in the post. You have guys like Westbrook and Rose playing point. Most of the scoring comes from perimeter players. Majority of the big men are just big. No real post game. Hiding Steph is smart if he's a liability on D. No shame in not guarding a Westbrook. Who can really beside Bron maybe? 99% of the league can't stop them guys.

Let us not forget how bad Wall played during the scrimmage compared to the other guards. He had a few pointless turnovers. And with FIBA they want shooters.

Let us not forget how bad Wall played during the scrimmage compared to the other guards. He had a few pointless turnovers. And with FIBA they want shooters.

Not sure why he was cut but I'm pretty sure that game had little to nothing to do with it. They'll learn through the practices who they want.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom