2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
=/=
I’m not promising a championship. I know how hard that is to deliver. We’re not ready right now. No way. Of course, I want to win next year, but I’m realistic. It will be a long process, much longer than it was in 2010. My patience will get tested. I know that. I’m going into a situation with a young team and a new coach. I will be the old head. But I get a thrill out of bringing a group together and helping them reach a place they didn’t know they could go.

I still feel like the Cavs would've been better served to at least see what they have with Bennett yr. 2 and Wiggins while both are playing next to the best player on the planet. You have the assets they covet and Love has to be traded before the season ends. There is no immediate need to do this now.

in a few years

Leprachan_l.jpg

hahaha

I was wondering how you'd feel about that AT.

Dude's on a short leash anyway.

Calipari's hovering over his shoulder for that job.

From everything I've heard about Blatt as a coach, it appears he is pretty forward-thinking and capable. I would be surprised to not see him at least get two years there.

Why do sports figures continue to weigh in on political affairs..... Idiots.

The Israel-Hamas situation is huge right now and the media is pretty much asking everyone about it. Got actors going after each other about the situation. Only makes sense that they'd ask a guy who has been coaching in Israel for years his feelings on the issue. If he said, "no comments," he would have been criticized for copping out. No win situation for him.

All that said, I think we in here should stay away from commenting on it. Its been my experience that no good comes of when NT starts to really debate political issues.

that's a clown response, bro.
From the guy saying "That's my coach bishes" to a guy who's making statements about the biggest, most controversial political conflict going on right now. 

Cal would've taken that job without blinking if he knew that LeBron and Drew would be on the roster in July.

Last edited:
Maybe he won't

I could see why it's not on the forte for a rationale reason to fire someone

But I never doubt the power of pressure from the media

Would hate for his views to foreshadow yall

=/=

I still feel like the Cavs would've been better served to at least see what they have with Bennett yr. 2 and Wiggins while both are playing next to the best player on the planet. You have the assets they covet and Love has to be traded before the season ends. There is no immediate need to do this now.
Thing is minny is looking to get rid of him NOW. And whose to say love goes to another team enjoys it and decides to reup? Not only that they would still need to dump those guys in order to sign him. So they would have to leave regardless. 

Say they wait till the end of the season. Love isnt gonna resign with minny in hopes a team has players minny want so he can be traded to the team he wants. He would be on the free market, and in all likely would go to the highest bidder, which wouldnt be the cavs. Plus the best time to trade those guys is now, when hype etc overshadows production. 

You wait a year or so and bennett doesnt improve or wiggins doesnt show any signs now the value of the trade and teams interested in the players diminished. 

Then what you basically offer the exact same thing the following season with the top draft picks that they will have. Only thing is no one in next yrs draft will have the hype etc.. of a wiggins. There isnt any projected next year to be some stud etc. So then you stuck with those players and draft picks in a class where the picks wont be really good and now your stuck with all these young pieces, all while time is ticking and lebron is getting older. 

Your basically turning down a proven all star, and a player basically in his prime, for a 1 yr #1 pick who hasnt shown much of anything, a current #1 who had flashes of goodness in one yr of college, and draft picks of a weak draft. In hopes that someday down the road some or one of these picks pans out and be good.

It just doesnt make sense to take that much of a risk gamble, especially considering what you could get in return with Love.

Last edited:
The funny thing is that Dwight & Rihanna had to apologize for what they said but Blatt's comments are A-OK.

Why should he apologize for his own, educated opinion on the subject? Because you disagree? He's not the only one who feels that way. Most Jews with attachment to Israel do. Wrong or right, he has a right to express his opinion.

The funny thing is that Dwight & Rihanna had to apologize for what they said but Blatt's comments are A-OK.

That's the sad part. America is still so wrapped around this artifical bubble of "terrorism only applies to those of Arab descent" - that some are afraid to legitimately speak about this topic from their own concious. It's either you roll with what CNN and Fox tells everybody, or you're some anti-american, anti-semitism person who's scum of the earth because you're against innocent people dying.

Blatt should have just shut the **** up and do what he was brought here to this country to do; and that's to coach basketball.

Really bro?

If you don't understand the topic at hand, than I suggest you keep your mouth quiet and quit walking around waving the happy flag like you've accomplished something around here.

Deeeeeeaaaaaaamn

Even i felt the slap mark on finallyfamous face :lol:

Why should he apologize for his own, educated opinion on the subject? Because you disagree? He's not the only one who feels that way. Most Jews with attachment to Israel do. Wrong or right, he has a right to express his opinion.

Obviously dude isn't that educated, though. We can easily turn this into a politcal thread aimed to prove that his political opinions are inhumane and barbaric, but we already have a 40+ page thread in the General dedicated to that.

Last edited:
that's a clown response, bro.
From the guy saying "That's my coach bishes" to a guy who's making statements about the biggest, most controversial political conflict going on right now. 

Cal would've taken that job without blinking if he knew that LeBron and Drew would be on the roster in July.

Throw in his Jim Kelly comments, definitely a clown right now.

Obviously dude isn't that educated, though. We can easily turn this into a politcal thread aimed to prove that his political opinions are inhumane and barbaric, but we already have a 40+ page thread in the General dedicated to that.

Yeah, you're right. But I'm going to assume that someone who has lived in Israel for years knows more about the subject that most people here. I personally don't know enough about the issue that I feel comfortable commenting. But I do know that this issue is complex and multilayered enough that it's not really fair to say someone is "wrong" just because they see things differently than you.

And you can't "prove" that opinions are wrong. That's why they're opinions.

I think you missed my point.

I never said he should have to apologize. Neither should Dwight or Rihanna. Especially when all they did was express support for the victims of Palestine.

I know Jewish people run America...but it's alarming that a "Pray for Palestine" tweet can get you in hot water.

By the way, I think its worth noting that Blatt's comments were made to an ISRAELI newspaper. It's not like he's on Good Morning America pushing his views. (And I still thin he's entitled to express his opinion - even on GMA). The point is, he really had no choice but to comment.

Y'all know I ride for PG24 and Russy like no other. Took me 3 days to digest that gruesome injury. Major roadblock in Paul George's rapid progression to super-stardom.

There is NOTHING wrong, shocking, or controversial about what Blatt said.

Don't root for the team if it bothers you that much. Gilbert probably shares the same view anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom