2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
The OVERALL level of talent back then was pretty bad bruh

Evolution has taken place in everything except nba basketball. Let these old farts tell u.
I don't know what to tell you but Jordan in his prime was playing with and against the perfect storm of athleticism, physical defense, and refs not completely dominating the game the way they can now when it comes to the best teams playing against each other. Plus there wasn't anywhere as much flopping among the stars.

I don't know what to tell you but Jordan in his prime was playing with and against the perfect storm of athleticism, physical defense, and refs not completely dominating the game the way they can now when it comes to the best teams playing against each other. Plus there wasn't anywhere as much flopping among the stars.
Have you seen what this generation of dudes be doing? They are on a DIFFERENT level of player. Even the bums got altleticism

Evolution has taken place in everything except nba basketball. Let these old farts tell u.

The players now have to deal with every defensive scheme being legal

Before 2001 you couldnt pack the the strong side, research and you'll see after 2001 players who played in both eras points and fg% dropped after they got rid of hand checking and illegal defense

Im not tryingg to say Era A is harder then Era B or vice versa just saying both eras have their respective challenges

And as such its not fair comparing stats from different eras cause the game has changed so much

Have you seen what this generation of dudes be doing? They are on a DIFFERENT level of player. Even the bums got altleticism
You just focused on me mentioning athleticism.

That's really not the way you should go if you're gonna dispute my point. I did not say when Jordan played the players were more athletic than the players now :smh:

The players now have to deal with every defensive scheme being legal

Before 2001 you couldnt pack the the strong side, research and you'll see after 2001 players who played in both eras points and fg% dropped after they got rid of hand checking and illegal defense
I'll look up the fg% stats before and after 2001 but from what I've seen in the past 13 years the biggest change is the amount of teams implementing the zone.

Last edited:
1. Iverson
2. MJ
3. T-Mac
4. LeBron
5. Durant

That's really not the way you should go if you're gonna dispute my point. I did not say when Jordan played the players were more athletic than the players now
mean.gif

I'll look up the fg% stats before and after 2001 but from what I've seen in the past 13 years the biggest change is the amount of teams implementing the zone.
2014 Piston would beat Jordan bulls 87

1. Iverson

2. MJ

3. T-Mac

4. LeBron

5. Durant

That's really not the way you should go if you're gonna dispute my point. I did not say when Jordan played the players were more athletic than the players now :smh:

2014 Piston would beat Jordan bulls 87
What did the '87 team ever do? :lol:

At least make a strong statement and say the '96 team.

Last edited:
Since we are making ridiculous statements

Kemba would average 30 in the 90s

Edit: Current hornets would be 69 win team in the 90s

Last edited:
Lets just forget how MJ, AS A 40 YEAR OLD, carried a team and scored 20+ on a nightly basis on this soft *** league.

No 40 year old today would EVER average 20ppg in MJs era.

Last edited:
Lets just forget how MJ, AS A 40 YEAR OLD, carried a team and scored 20+ on a nightly basis on this soft *** league.

No 40 year old today would EVER average 20ppg in MJs era.

You can't use the greatest player of all time to make that argument

just flipped thru the last two pages and saw eric snow, chris quinn and ricky davis :lol: i know it must be a miserably slow day in the basketball world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom