2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
That superstar title gets thrown around loosely, superstar is more than just being great player

Only 3 superstars in the league, the rest are just great players, d rose was on his way to being that next superstar
And they are?

All good with having your own definition of superstar, very different when those who you list as that don't match up.

Last edited:
So y'all wouldn't want CP3 as your starting PG?
These dudes are fools.

Melo slander is one thing, Rose jokes are another, so on for dude years back like A.I. and T-Mac but I guess it's CP3's turn for the recklessness.

>D

they're entitled to their opinions, just like you are to yours.

Dwight needs to be consistently dominant and given those playoff stats if the team were really focused on him as the anchor on offense as well as defense he'd performed better.

I watched that Rockets/Blazers series and clearly saw Dwight really wasn't that same player as good as those stats are.

Season by season, more and more Dwight is showing he won't return to that 2011 player (or that he'll even be on a team that could help repeat that) and that the Harden trade was far from a mistake (given how he hasn't made the leap to superstar and OKC really hasn't lost much of a step).

Dudes downplay the Clippers all season long saying they aren't a real contender and then when they lose all of a sudden they had the best team on paper :lol:
Can't wait for Russ and KD to leave OKC.

Wade is a superstar
9v4zte8lg953pcd8rf77t54vm.300x225x25.gif

Window closed, lining would be poppin over here if he was

So y'all wouldn't want CP3 as your starting PG?
These dudes are fools.

Melo slander is one thing, Rose jokes are another, so on for dude years back like A.I. and T-Mac but I guess it's CP3's turn for the recklessness.

>D

they're entitled to their opinions, just like you are to yours.

Dwight needs to be consistently dominant and given those playoff stats if the team were really focused on him as the anchor on offense as well as defense he'd performed better.

I watched that Rockets/Blazers series and clearly saw Dwight really wasn't that same player as good as those stats are.

Season by season, more and more Dwight is showing he won't return to that 2011 player (or that he'll even be on a team that could help repeat that) and that the Harden trade was far from a mistake (given how he hasn't made the leap to superstar and OKC really hasn't lost much of a step).
Slandering CP3 and my opinion of the Harden trade and Dwight not getting back to the high level I felt he played at when he should've got MVP aren't he same thing but your mileage obviously varies.

:lol: @ thinking those posts are anything comparable to the CP3 talk the last few pgs.

Plus nobody is talking about being entitled to an opinion. My post isn't about that. I simply noted a trend in this thread. You gotta be able to actually comprehend what's going on and not just go for the cheap call a poster out.

Last edited:
I hate Chris Paul and yeah he did f up but dude played good.

he's top 3 pg but nah clippers aren't the best team on paper. That's just what the clipper fans think .....

Last edited:
it wasn't posted as a direct comparison, more general as in "they're opinions equally lack substance", in my opinion of course.

saying dwight won't return to MVP form is silly simply because that mvp form was like 3 years and 1 back surgery ago, but even sillier coming off the playoff performance he just had which you dismiss as "he wasn't as impressive as the numbers would indicate".

as far as the harden deal:

houston gets james harden and fillers like lazar hayward, cole aldrich etc
okc gets:
kevin martin (no longer on the team)
jeremy lamb (routinely gets buried on the bench, non factor)
first round pick which was used on steven adams (decent backup C who can grow into a consistent starting C)
first round pick which hasn't been used yet
second round pick on alex abrines who potentially has never step foot onto the continental united states.

in essence: harden for jeremy lamb and steven adams. whether or not you think the trade was a mistake or not, who really got the better end of that deal?

Rockets will never win another title.

View media item 1109140View media item 1109142

Last edited:
it wasn't posted as a direct comparison, more general as in "they're opinions equally lack substance", in my opinion of course.

saying dwight won't return to MVP form is silly simply because that mvp form was like 3 years and 1 back surgery ago, but even sillier coming off the playoff performance he just had which you dismiss as "he wasn't as impressive as the numbers would indicate".

as far as the harden deal:

houston gets james harden and fillers like lazar hayward, cole aldrich etc
okc gets:
kevin martin (no longer on the team)
jeremy lamb (routinely gets buried on the bench, non factor)
first round pick which was used on steven adams (decent backup C who can grow into a consistent starting C)
first round pick which hasn't been used yet
second round pick on alex abrines who potentially has never step foot onto the continental united states.

in essence: harden for jeremy lamb and steven adams. whether or not you think the trade was a mistake or not, who really got the better end of that deal?
Thunder have another pick from that?

I thought it was Mitch McGary?

Julius Wrek

Last edited:
my mistake. i believe it was mitch mcgary. the mavericks top 20 protected pick right?

harden for lamb mcgary and steven adams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom