2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coolest thing about being a fan is that it's ageless. Father Time can go **** himself. Our favorite players come and go, but no matter how old we get, we can remain fans of the game. I love it. Ohhh I can't wait until October 30th. I wish we had the Summer Olympics this year. I am NOT watching WNBA so don't try and make me.
Bruh there's summer league and FIBA. Between the best draft class in years + Kyrie / Durant dogging international competition, we should be excited lol.

There's fiba this year????!!!! ?Thats music to my ears. when? who all are playing????

BHZ, I'm not sure what you want exactly but you been around here the last few years?

Pau died in 2011. We all saw it. Phil was literally beating on the mans chest. We thought he'd come back in 2012. We thought he would come back in 2013. We thought he would come back in 2014.

Know what he's done all that time? Just get older. :lol: :lol:

New team, new coach, won't matter. He's older, slower, and has never been the strongest guy in the world. Hell, Blake treats him like a father playin in the driveway with his son. :lol:

He's offensively gifted, no doubt about that. But defensively, he's James Harden, in the post. He gets stats, but he hasn't impacted games in years man. Years. Just lots of hollow numbers.

I said he would be better off next to Ibaka, rather than Marc because of Ibaka's athleticism and off the ball defense. He can cover up moreso than Marc could, imo of course. Maybe you're right and he comes around, for a month, a couple months, but you think you can get an 8-9 month season out of him (which is what you want if you want to win a title with him)???

Iono man. I'm pretty sure he's been dead goin on 4 years now. We'll see where he lands, and how it works out. Who knows, maybe he'll end up in Miami with Lowry, Bron, Bosh and Wade. :lol:

they gonna get lowry down in south beach on that dwade juice cleanse..fat boy gon have abs...everywhere.

still doesnt address every problem though.

lowry - pg
wade - starting sg??
lebron - sf
bosh - starting pf??
bron's dad - c?

on paper that team blows man. We've already seen bron can't do it alone. Dude def has to be surrounded by 3pt shooters too. i mean it can probably beat the east sure, but you put that squad in the west, pffft 6 or 7th. Plus the act nobody on the heat roster is hungry anymore. Most of those guys are comfortable with 2 rings. That's more than soooooooo many of th great players before them even have. Only one that's hungry is bron and that's only because of the legacy aspect. Dude didn't even seem like he cared much that he was so close and lost. Kept mentioning what's really important to him and blah, blah, blah. Hunger is a huge motivator. Comfort kills that extra effort.

I would definitely be down for that again. Probably start it right after all the major names sign. Hell, I wouldn't mind setting up fantasy leagues again :lol:

They would still probably need a 3-and-D wing and a big off the bench to round out the roster.

Last edited:
Coolest thing about being a fan is that it's ageless. Father Time can go **** himself. Our favorite players come and go, but no matter how old we get, we can remain fans of the game. I love it. Ohhh I can't wait until October 30th. I wish we had the Summer Olympics this year. I am NOT watching WNBA so don't try and make me.
Bruh there's summer league and FIBA. Between the best draft class in years + Kyrie / Durant dogging international competition, we should be excited lol.

There's fiba this year????!!!! ?Thats music to my ears. when? who all are playing????
Lowry signs, wade opts in, lebron gonna be like ....

200.gif

:lol:

Bron needs a new squad. Those dudes are cozy. All talk. But hopefully Bron saw how little heart they really had last week. I mean you KNOW Kobe wants another one. You KNOW CP3 wants one. Wade, Bosh, Chalmers? Comfortable. Find a team with young animals, in a desirable city and Bron is ghost.

Ok, been reachin out to a few, getting a list put together. Here's a list I'm playing off of, still need confirmations from some to get everything set up.

CP IN
JA IN
Proshares IN
BHZ IN
PMatic IN
BigMike IN
Allen
JD617
Osh
AntiDope
Dirk
Big J33
JRS
Mr O
Dub
Mamba
Essential
Chester IN
FinallyFamous
JPZ
awwsome
H3at
DoubleJ’s
DreClark
Kev
Cake Offereed Bribe, I think that means he's IN......... :lol:
do work son
Statis
Addicted4Sneakers IN
shoeking

they gonna get lowry down in south beach on that dwade juice cleanse..fat boy gon have abs...everywhere.

still doesnt address every problem though.

lowry - pg
wade - starting sg??
lebron - sf
bosh - starting pf??
bron's dad - c?

on paper that team blows man. We've already seen bron can't do it alone. Dude def has to be surrounded by 3pt shooters too. i mean it can probably beat the east sure, but you put that squad in the west, pffft 6 or 7th. Plus the act nobody on the heat roster is hungry anymore. Most of those guys are comfortable with 2 rings. That's more than soooooooo many of th great players before them even have. Only one that's hungry is bron and that's only because of the legacy aspect. Dude didn't even seem like he cared much that he was so close and lost. Kept mentioning what's really important to him and blah, blah, blah. Hunger is a huge motivator. Comfort kills that extra effort.

:rofl:

So the Heat win 2 of the last 3 chips, go to the Finals 3 times in a row playing smallball but when they replace Chalmers with Lowry - a GIANT upgrade - the team blows on paper? Lowry, Wade, Bron, (ANYONE), Bosh is a monster squad. Is this a joke?

Bosh has been the starting center on 2 championship teams - why are people acting like that's a problem now?

i'd rather just pay norris cole and get a backup for him. do you really need a pg to play on the heat? they really are stretched thin unless the big 3 takes significantly less or break up the 3 and sign a couple solid players.
all they ever attract are old guys at their tail end of their career chasing a chip.

Last edited:
i'd rather just pay norris cole and get a backup for him. do you really need a pg to play on the heat?.
No, but u need a player at that spot who can handle the ball, defend PGs, stretch the floor, and limit TOs.

Lowry does all of that significantly better than Chalmers & Cole.

Cole wasn't any better than Chalmers in the finals. He is not a starter

i'd rather just pay norris cole and get a backup for him. do you really need a pg to play on the heat? they really are stretched thin unless the big 3 takes significantly less or break up the 3 and sign a couple solid players.
all they ever attract are old guys at their tail end of their career chasing a chip.
I dont think you need a really dynamic PG, but you need someone who has some semblance of ball handling ability and how to effectively run a pick and roll and either make a good pass or take the mismatch and create off the dribble. Jameer Nelson would be the perfect PG for this team. Hes got both those previously mentioned skillsets and doesnt back down from opposing PGs or bigs at the rim. They would be lucky to have him.

I used to have faith in Norris Coles ability to take over the reigns once Chalmers was gone (Never thought they were going to resign him, I maintain my stance that he is a bottom 5 starting PG in this league), but after than Indy series, and now this one, I've lost all confidence in him. 

Ok, been reachin out to a few, getting a list put together. Here's a list I'm playing off of, still need confirmations from some to get everything set up.

CP IN
JA IN
Proshares IN
BHZ IN
PMatic IN
BigMike IN
Allen
JD617
Osh
AntiDope
Dirk
Big J33
JRS
Mr O
Dub
Mamba
Essential
Chester IN
FinallyFamous
JPZ
awwsome
H3at
DoubleJ’s
DreClark
Kev
Cake Offereed Bribe, I think that means he's IN......... :lol:
do work son
Statis
Addicted4Sneakers IN
shoeking
in pls :wow:

CP IN
JA IN
Proshares IN
BHZ IN
PMatic IN
BigMike IN
Allen
JD617
Osh
AntiDope
Dirk
Big J33