2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is what gerald green does in the offseason

(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));
Post by Johnathan Hudson.

Watching a lot of Lakers game this past season. Pau definitely has good basketball ahead of him, he was just cashing checks like the rest of that bum squad.

Paring him with his brother would definitely mask some his defensive deficiencies.

play_g_jordan-kobe_mb_576.jpg

Pau to OKC isn't bad. Russ, Serge, Durant defensively is pretty good, would somewhat mask him, but he'd still see 9 million picks and rolls a game. :lol:

But offensively, Perk to him would be unreal.
Kill that buzz. Pau in OKC without some massive paycut is not only unrealistic but it wouldn't work out. Pau doesn't add anything for OKC defensively and his overall game has been on a decline anyway. OKC wants explosive athletes who can defend down low and run the floor, something of a DeAndre Jordan-lite.

On the flip side they need someone can get buckets under any circumstance, and I don't know where they're going to find that guy.

OKC needs a true post. A true guy on the block. Bump that 2 guard and more runner nonsense.

How Lowry going to go to the Heat if Miami all opt in?

I don't see it happening.

I also don't see Pau going to OKC.

Memphis makes too much sense for Pau Gasol. Returning to his original team, reuniting with his brother. Just makes too much sense NOT to happen.

I'll try to keep up with the conversations as much as I can, but I work from 1-11 M-F, so yall gotta cut me some slack. :lol:

JA, know what we need this summer? Remember 3-4 years ago we did the NBA redrafts? A 30 team one, a 23 team one, and an 11 team one to represent what the depth of the league looked like now vs the 80's and 60's.

We should try that again.

Anyone know where the old threads reside??????

@JD617
@Big J 33
pmatic pmatic

You guys were a part of those, think we could pull it off again during the summer? Could open a separate thread for it again, include the rookie class, etc.

JA, know what we need this summer? Remember 3-4 years ago we did the NBA redrafts? A 30 team one, a 23 team one, and an 11 team one to represent what the depth of the league looked like now vs the 80's and 60's.

@JD617
@Big J 33
pmatic pmatic

You guys were a part of those, think we could pull it off again during the summer? Could open a separate thread for it again, include the rookie class, etc.

I remember doing it, but don't really have the time to set aside to put together something like that. If someone is willing to set it up, I'm more than willing to participate.

I think Cleveland blows it if they take Wiggins over Embiid but Wiggins seems like a can't miss.
Embiid's that next Ibaka though

Rondo, Avery Bradley, Melo, Jeff Green & Kevin Love. That's a lock for the ECF.

Do it, Ainge :pimp:

#Banner18

Lol.

People would be driving to the basket on them all day.

I heard they want Rondo-Bradley-Hayward-Love-Asik...I think that works a lot better.

Last edited:
Rondo, Avery Bradley, Melo, Jeff Green & Kevin Love. That's a lock for the ECF.

Do it, Ainge :pimp:

#Banner18

Lol.

People would be driving to the basket on them all day.

I heard they want Rondo-Bradley-Hayward-Love-Asik...I think that works a lot better.

I'd like that line up as well.

Rondo and Avery are both elite defenders. Jeff Green is a well known defender, as well. I'm already hype for next season.

@JD617@JD617<!--bluecoat_old_onload = window.onload;window.onload = function() { if (bluecoat_old_onload != null) {try {bluecoat_old_onload();} catch (e) {}}bluecoat_fixpopups();};//-->
@Big J 33@Big J 33<!--bluecoat_old_onload = window.onload;window.onload = function() { if (bluecoat_old_onload != null) {try {bluecoat_old_onload();} catch (e) {}}bluecoat_fixpopups();};//-->
@PMatic@PMatic<!--bluecoat_old_onload = window.onload;window.onload = function() { if (bluecoat_old_onload != null) {try {bluecoat_old_onload();} catch (e) {}}bluecoat_fixpopups();};//-->

This sounds dope as hell. I want in.

I think that since 2000 the Spurs have been the best franchise in the NBA... Bar none 
nthat.gif

@JD617
@Big J 33
pmatic pmatic

I remember doing it, but don't really have the time to set aside to put together something like that. If someone is willing to set it up, I'm more than willing to participate.

Didn't we make a fantasy league out of one of them? I'm gonna look at my Yahoo FB history but I can swear we did that with like 14 teams.

They do need a rim protector. What's crazy is that they were never a complete team and won two 'chips. We'll see what they do from here. 

Memphis makes too much sense for Pau Gasol. Returning to his original team, reuniting with his brother. Just makes too much sense NOT to happen.

I'll try to keep up with the conversations as much as I can, but I work from 1-11 M-F, so yall gotta cut me some slack. :lol:

Yea man, you're talking about adding a more scoring oriented version of his brother minus the defense, toughness, of course. But, who knows how rejuvenated Pau will become if he gets the opportunity to play next to his younger brother on a contending team. Zbo is great, but he's really inefficient, doesn't always make the right plays and him being on the court forces the team to give him the ball far too much. People thought Mike Miller would only play 50 games last year, but he played EVERY single game last season and led the team in games played. :lol:

I would say maybe people only watch the playoff Zbo and thinks his 40% shooting, 61% from the line, 0.2 blocks a game and constantly being dominated in the pick n roll the last two series he played in (Spurs in WCF, OKC) means he's a much better fit. Don't forget the 30% shooting, 50% from the line series he had against the Spurs. The bad thing about Zbo is that if he's not scoring, he's useless on the floor. A lot of his rebounds come from his own missed opportunities and he's primarily a better offensive rebounder than defensive rebounder. If the Grizz become more efficient, it means less offensive rebounding opportunities for him.

All in all, Zbo is great if we are playing the Clippers in the playoffs. Honestly, with the way Griffin and Jordan grew last season, I'm not sure if they would fear Zbo as much going into next season. Against OKC, Spurs or against teams that play at a fast pace? Nah

Last edited:
Lowry about to be talked about like no other because his name is mentioned with the Heat. :lol:

Watch him end up somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom