2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm tired of seeing that unsightly **** on davis' forehead

you can't be a grown man with a damn unibrow

At least he's confident about it. I think part of the reason Harden grew his beard out was to hide his ****** up teeth somewhat :lol: . Its a little less noitceable with a full beard than if he shaved it.

darrenrovell: Kevin Durant’s deal with Nike expires this week. Under Armour is in play.

Nike's greedy and cheap ways will force him to Under Armour..

im sorry but no way he goes to Under Armour unless they offer him an out of world contract that he would be a complete fool to turn down. Doubt UA throws him that much money over nike but KD on UA would transform that brand IMO

Idk where you've been these last 10-15 years, but NBA superstar players including KG, TD, Wade, etc. have all passed on Nike shoe-deals and went elsewhere because of the lucrativness involving other shoe companies.

It's not nearly as far-fetched as you think. KD can give a damn if his signature is made by Nike or UA; as long as those paychecks are coming in properly.

Idk where you've been these last 10-15 years, but NBA superstar players including KG, TD, Wade, etc. have all passed on Nike shoe-deals and went elsewhere because of the lucrativness involving other shoe companies.

It's not nearly as far-fetched as you think. KD can give a damn if his signature is made by Nike or UA; as long as those paychecks are coming in properly.
To be fair, those 3 you named weren't doing nowhere near KD numbers, in terms of popularity and sales

darrenrovell: Kevin Durant’s deal with Nike expires this week. Under Armour is in play.

im sorry but no way he goes to Under Armour unless they offer him an out of world contract that he would be a complete fool to turn down. Doubt UA throws him that much money over nike but KD on UA would transform that brand IMO

:wow: Wait...you mean to tell me that he won't go to UA unless they offer him a lot of money?

no

if they give him more than nike but where the amount over the brand isnt much then its poiintless

they will have to OVERPAY alot to take him away from Nike. KD is pretty good on Nike. kids all over the place with his shoes. Hell i see more people with KDs on than Lebron or Kobes latley.

KG, Wade, and TD? :rofl:

dudes didnt even sell shoes. no one bought anything with their name on it.

terrible example

:wow: Wait...you mean to tell me that he won't go to UA unless they offer him a lot of money?

no

if they give him more than nike but where the amount over the brand isnt much then its poiintless

they will have to OVERPAY alot to take him away from Nike. KD is pretty good on Nike. kids all over the place with his shoes. Hell i see more people with KDs on than Lebron or Kobes latley.

If he's slated to make more at UA over what he's currently making (or what they offer) at Nike, he's jumping ship. I don't think he will care all that much about who is wearing his shoe as long as the money is right.

To be fair, those 3 you named weren't doing nowhere near KD numbers, in terms of popularity and sales

Absolutely true. The KD line is now right up there with Kobe's and LeBron's in terms of popularity. (I'm not counting Jordans because they're a whole different thing). And its not like the UA basketball line has really taken off. I think it will take an awful lot to get Durant to move away from Nike.

terrible example

evan turnover or vale mcgee isnt better :lol:

Absolutely true. The KD line is now right up there with Kobe's and LeBron's in terms of popularity. (I'm not counting Jordans because they're a whole different thing). And its not like the UA basketball line has really taken off. I think it will take an awful lot to get Durant to move away from Nike.

I think the lure of being the face of the company (plus the $ that they'll throw at him) will be more than enough for him to leave Nike.

UA is probably hoping that Durant will be their Michael Jordan and really make their shoes marketable OFF the court. You know AAU/high school/College squads will be outfitted with his line...but it would be something else if the KD model on UA was dope enough to rock off the court as well.

Kevin Garnett was the face of Nike before he switched over to Adidas. You can't argue that.

The moral of the story is not to doubt KD's switch can happen, Nike knows what to do..

terrible example

To be fair, KG had some nice, popular shoes when he was with Nike. But he was never that heavily marketed. Plus, dude has been with like every shoe company in his career. Nike, And1, Adidas and whatever he's been wearing the last few years. Can't use him as an example.

KG, Wade, and TD?
roll.gif

terrible example
To be fair, KG had some nice, popular shoes when he was with Nike. But he was never that heavily marketed. Plus, dude has been with like every shoe company in his career. Nike, And1, Adidas and whatever he's been wearing the last few years. Can't use him as an example.
Don't forget Anta! 
roll.gif

If I recall correctly, Durant passed on adidas' contract offer in 2007 for Nike even though adidas was offering more. He was more "comfortable" with Nike.

Man I've heard it straight from KD's mouth several times. He loves Nike man. It's going to take a lot for UA to get him.

However, I'm pretty sure UA knows that and is going to throw him an obscene amount of money that is going to be extremely hard to turn down. Will be interesting for sure.

Love what UA has done with their basketball department in the last 5 years or so though.

Man I've heard it straight from KD's mouth several times. He loves Nike man. It's going to take a lot for UA to get him.

However, I'm pretty sure UA knows that and is going to throw him an obscene amount of money that is going to be extremely hard to turn down. Will be interesting for sure.

Love what UA has done with their basketball department in the last 5 years or so though.
You know KD? Srs Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom