2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it depends on how much the cap jumps in 2016, but would the Wizards even have the projected max slot with Wall, Gortat and Beal on the books? I kind of doubt it.

Last edited:
I guess it depends on how much the cap jumps in 2016, but would the Wizards even have the projected max slot with Wall, Gortat and Beal on the books? I kind of doubt it.

Exactly. Would be nice to see but those numbers won't add up, especially since Beal will get the max when his rookie deal is up

What kind of contract is gortat commanding? certainly not a mini-max type deal, no?

quick question, even if kd went to the wizards, would they be able to sell out the Verizon center? i went to a fan game some time in early March, and you could hear crickets in that arena. it was sad considering wall was cookin damn near every game

Idk how KD going to DC would work with possible 3 max contracts.

At that time, Beal would be pro

Literally in the process of typing that before you beat me to it^^.

Gortat kinda messes it up but if the cap is really raised, its still possible Beal is due for his extension that year tho

Obviously i dont see durant leaving if he wins tho

Exactly. Would be nice to see but those numbers won't add up, especially since Beal will get the max when his rookie deal is up

unless he can up that 40%-ish shot, no way i think beal gets a max contract. wizards would be better served throwing that money elsewhere

I would be willing to work out a S&T with Washington if I'm OKC. I'm sure OKC would like to acquire Beal, but I'll do that in a heartbeat if I'm Washington. At that point in time, Wall and Durant should be capable of dominating the East and should be locked in as a team to represent the East in the Finals.

Last edited:
Back when all those rumors started, the first scenario that was pitched by Pundits is that Beal would have to be dealed. I'd do it if I had to, and I like Beal.

I would be willing to work out a S&T with Washington if I'm OKC. I'm sure OKC would like to acquire Beal, but I'll do that in a heartbeat if I'm Washington. At that point in time, Wall and Durant should be capable of dominating the East and should be locked in as a team to represent the East in the Finals.
He knows

Last edited:
Back when all those rumors started, the first scenario that was pitched by Pundits is that Beal would have to be dealed. I'd do it if I had to, and I like Beal.

Exactly.

Beal should end up being a really good player, but I'm not marking his ceiling as an elite level superstar. It should be a no brainer if it comes to acquiring the 2nd best player in the league (maybe best player in the league at that point in time).

Washington would also be more of an attractive city for vet FA's to sign unlike OKC. So, I'm sure the Wizards would not have a hard time feeling out their roster outside of Wall, KD and Gortat.

Last edited:
They'll figure out a way to keep Wall/Beal together if they bring in Durant. Assuming it happens.

All I can hope is that Beal develops into as good of a player as Dion Waiters by 2016.

*Outside of Free Agency in 2016, I think I'm most excited at the prospect of getting Nene off the ******* books :lol:

*Presti wanted to trade Harden for Beal, but EG turned it down.

Last edited:
I don't think it can happen if Beal continues his upswing. Gonna be extremely hard to pull off with dumping Gortat...and nobody is going to want a 33 year old center making 12 per.

Washington could keep them together and still afford KD. Look at their guaranteed money in 2016, OP and Webster are both TOs so they only have Wall, Beal, and Gortat under contract for that season on guaranteed money.

If they trade Beal for KD, KD might as well stay.

Wall & KD is no upgrade from Westbrook & KD, maybe even a downgrade.

Datz is a good dude, and so are the other OKC fans here on NT.

However, I want nothing but failure for KD and the Thunder leading up to 2016. Hopefully there is nothing but slander and vitriol thrown KDs way by the media and fans, thus making his decision to sign with the Wizards that much easier.

:lol:

jk....

kinda...

The UA thing has legs. They've been recruiting KD since HS.

I'm amazed that they are really snatching up high profile athletes like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom