2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sixers. :lol:
76ers want lottery overhaul delayed

The NBA is pushing toward changes to the draft lottery system by next season but is facing a strong objection from the Philadelphia 76ers, the franchise that could suffer the most from it, multiple sources told ESPN.com.

Lottery-reform measures were introduced earlier this month at league meetings in Las Vegas, and the NBA Board of Governors could vote changes into place at its preseason meeting in October. Although there are several facets and the proposals haven't been finalized, the goal of commissioner Adam Silver is to balance out the lottery odds so the worst team or teams wouldn't have the highest chances of landing the top pick, sources said.

Currently, the team with the worst record has a 25 percent chance of landing the top pick and the team with the fifth-worst record has an 8.8 percent chance of winning it. In a new format, the bottom five or six teams could have an equal chance.

Although the NBA likely would not frame the changes this way, they could be seen as an anti-tanking measure, as teams with the worst records might not earn significantly higher lottery odds.

The rough draft of this plan was met with opposition by 76ers management, which is in the midst of a multiseason rebuilding project that is dependent on a high pick next year. The 76ers, sources said, are hoping to get the NBA to delay the plan's implementation for at least a year because it would act as a de facto punishment while just playing by the rules that have been in place.

The 76ers, however, may struggle to gain support from Silver or fellow teams for holding off on the changes. Philadelphia's planned sink to the bottom has caused a drag on revenues in one of the league's largest markets and has upset some other teams, sources said.

The 76ers currently have more than $30 million in cap space, and they made two lottery picks last month in injured center Joel Embiid and European prospect Dario Saric who aren't expected to contribute much this season. They also have recently been in trade talks to move their highest-paid and longest-tenured player, forward Thaddeus Young.

In short, the team is positioned to have one of the worst 2014-15 records in the league on the heels of a 19-63 season that included a 26-game losing streak. In addition to developing and identifying young players, the 76ers went into this plan believing it would give them a better chance at the highest picks in the 2015 draft, as well.

It is something they have not made a secret, which is why the potential lottery changes have made the team feel like it is being targeted.

"I think the season has been a huge success for us," 76ers owner Josh Harris said in April. "All these pieces are in place to make this an elite team that will compete consistently for the NBA championship. There are no shortcuts to it. Unfortunately, it takes a long time. I'm really happy with the progress."
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...76ers-fighting-nba-push-change-lottery-system

Sixers.
laugh.gif
In short, the team is positioned to have one of the worst 2014-15 records in the league on the heels of a 19-63 season that included a 26-game losing streak
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...76ers-fighting-nba-push-change-lottery-system
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
That made me laugh, but hes got a point, and it sure does look like what Philly did this year was the straw that broke the camels back in regards to displeasure with tanking.

At least some teams tried to winning just a little bit during the season...

..the Sixers gave 0 damns in their attempt to lose every game :rofl: - serves them right, though.

I'm all for the lottery draft change :D.

The new draft lottery would honestly be dumb as ****. The problem with the current one is that the team with the worst record almost never wins the lottery....so why would you make it even harder for them to get the top pick, and make it even more controversial?

The new draft lottery would honestly be dumb as ****. The problem with the current one is that the team with the worst record almost never wins the lottery....so why would you make it even harder for them to get the top pick, and make it even more controversial?
No difference between 30th and 26th: No incentive to lay down and not try at all for the entire season. Unless you're a basketball fan with a great deal of perspective and understand the motives behind it, you're not going to like it, and even if you're one of those people, you're sure as hell not going to go to the arena and watch it happen. Teams trying will fill seats.

just finished listening to the most recent BS report...

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/grantland/player?id=11277116

and simmons keeps repeating that the thunder have KD, westbrook and ibaka and so they should have won a title one of the last two seasons....

as I just said couple pages back, ibaka got hurt before the conference finals last season and westbrook got hurt in the 2nd game of the 1st round the season before

Last edited:
Might have to live with the fact Dirk won't win another playoff series. Dude takes too many pics with Romo :lol: ::nerd:

Last edited:
good lord, that henz0 video is making it hard for me to breathe.

i had a long hiatus from nt, what ever happened to henz0? i remember cats always making fun of dude, especially his oversized pics in comparison to the extremely small size of his room

[h1]Kevin Durant feels tug to return home to Washington after LeBron James' decision[/h1]

By Marc J. Spears14 hours agoYahoo Sports

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

•  
  •  
  •  

LAS VEGAS – Ever since LeBron James  announced he was returning to the Cleveland Cavaliers,Oklahoma City Thunder  forward Kevin Durant  has heard the drum beat louder for him to return to his hometown of Washington.

"It's being talked about," Durant said after the U.S. team's practice for the World Cup on Tuesday. "Everybody is asking me about it every time I go on Instagram or Twitter. All my friends ask me about it. I'm not going to sit here and act like I'm naïve to the fact that people think about that stuff.

"I tell everybody, 'Look, I'm here in Oklahoma City. I love it here. Who knows what will happen?' I will never close the door on anything, but I like where I'm at right now."

Durant thought James made a great decision to return home to Akron, Ohio, and texted him congratulations.

"I thought it was well thought out. It was classy," Durant said. "Great move to do it through a letter. That was pretty cool. It's fun to see a guy think about more than basketball for once than himself. I'm not saying LeBron is always thinking about himself, but he thought about the city where he comes from and Northeast Ohio and how he can affect so many kids.

201407281840672496623-p5.jpg

Kevin Durant drives by the Mavericks' Chandler Parsons during practice. (AP)
"It's bigger than basketball, and I love that. I love that. So many guys get criticized for making a decision that is best for them instead of what's best for everybody else. And he's a guy who did that. I applauded him."
Durant was born in D.C. and starred in high school in nearby Maryland and Virginia. He has routinely returned home in the summer to play in the Pro-Am Goodman League. He also recently attended a family reunion back home for a day this month.

Durant has been with one franchise the duration of his NBA career, beginning with the Seattle SuperSonics then moving to Oklahoma City when they became the Thunder. During his emotional MVP acceptance speech this year, he talked about what Oklahoma City and the Thunder mean to him. But in two years, the Wizards are expected to make a push to bring him home.

"I'm going to do what is best for me," Durant said. "It's hard to talk about that right now. I have two years left with Oklahoma City. I'm just focusing on that. I'm not going to make a decision based on what somebody else does."

James departed Miami after four straight NBA Finals appearances that included two titles. Winning a title in Oklahoma City, however, could have an opposite impact on Durant.

"Two years straight [winning titles], that would be cool," he said. "It would definitely be tough to do anything. It's one of those things where you're building a dynasty now winning two in a row.

"But I'm not focused on down the line. I'm focused on today. I love my teammates and my coaches. I love Oklahoma City."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/kevin-...n-after-lebron-james--decision-013749922.html

pimp.gif

good lord, that henz0 video is making it hard for me to breathe.

i had a long hiatus from nt, what ever happened to henz0? i remember cats always making fun of dude, especially his oversized pics in comparison to the extremely small size of his room
I thought that was Ninjahood?

Julius Wrek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom