2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fam if you're 24 or under - you probably legit won't remember.

2001 was when he stopped. From 98 to 2001, Nike put KG on the map with his products. He left for And-1 when Nike wouldn't cave in to his request to make a 'OF' line for him and his entourage.

I'm under 24 and I remember this time a bit. I remember going to footactions and always seeing a gang of KG Nike stuff :lol: The Flightposites though :pimp: :pimp:

I remember much more about KG with And 1 though. The BBall gear that came from that :pimp:

Last edited:
Last edited:
Nike got that NFL contract and said **** athletes. when they let Wiggins slide to Adidas I was really suprised

When I go to the gym all i see is younger guys wearing KDs... they'd be foolish to let him walk. Hope Jay-Z's agency gets KD paid however it goes. Whoever has the most money is who i'd go with. It's all ******** anyways

Fam, you have your perception of "face of" mixed up.

Paul George is in the middle of the haystack in terms of where he lies with Nike's marketing.

In 2000, there wasn't a player besides VC and GP that had more face than KG with Nike.

I'm done arguing this topic.

Last edited:

Paul George is in the middle of the haystack in terms of where he lies with Nike's marketing.

In 2000, there wasn't a player besides VC and GP that had more face than KG with Nike.

So if 2 other people had as much or more face time than him how is he THE face? :lol:

Yes there's really nothing to argue

Vividly remember this era and KG was not out there like that. You picked three stills and in only one of them was KG the focus, other than Jordan, Nikes focus at that time was their "team" of signed players which included the likes of KG, Kidd, Stoudemire, etc

Kevin Durant says he doesn’t want to be the backpack guy anymore: “A backpack is more associated w/a kid, I think I’m a grown up.”
- Darren Rovell

KD probably should have figured that out a couple years ago, but hey, better late than never.

even still, KG shared ads with other Nike athletes. Penny had commercials w/ Lil Penny and tyra banks.

did KG have a logo?

Funny that you ask that.

KG and Nike deadass stopped their contract negotiations when KG opted into choosing his 'Official Block Family" line as his logo and Nike line.

Nike denied him that. That's why he left. He necessarily didn't need a logo when his shoe-colors were 1 of a kind...If you seen a Nike basketball shoe with the T-Wolves colorways, you knew it was KG-inspired.

Funny that you ask that.

KG and Nike deadass stopped their contract negotiations when KG opted into choosing his 'Official Block Family" line as his logo and Nike line.

Nike denied him that. That's why he left. He necessarily didn't need a logo when his shoe-colors were 1 of a kind...If you seen a Nike basketball shoe with the T-Wolves colorways, you knew it was KG-inspired.
Serious question, was/is KG your favorite player or something?

So if 2 other people had as much or more face time than him how is he THE face? :lol:

Yes there's really nothing to argue

Do Lebron and KD both share the same limelight at this point? Yes, they are BOTH the face...c'mon man lol I'm not pulling **** outta my ***.

KG had the most expensive Nike shoe from 1999-2001.

Do Lebron and KD both share the same limelight at this point? Yes, they are BOTH the face...c'mon man lol I'm not pulling **** outta my ***.

KG had the most expensive Nike shoe from 1999-2001.
Just because his shoe was most expensive doesn't really mean anything to be honest. TD had the most expensive shoe at one point when he was with the swoosh, was he the face of Nike at any point?

Duncan foam retros cost more than the KDs. I guess Duncan > KD as the face of nike guys
Duncan's shoe: Foamposite Material, Carbon Fiber, TotalMax Air concept

Durant's shoe: hyperfuse and zoom.

Which one sounds more expensive to you? Lmao

Last edited:
Those kgs that they retrod and fd up were sick AF
the kg3. That navy colorway was I'll AF. .
one of my fav shoes ever.they fd up that retro.

Last edited:
UA's basketball gear and shoes are awful.

When KG came out in those gold Flighposites, I wept. One of the coldest shoes of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom