2014 NBA Draft Thread

Never said their style of play is the same. What I meant was that Anthony Randolph coming out had the potential to be amazing. He literally had every tool needed to be great. Showed flashes here and there, but then faded to oblivion.

Which I would not be surprised if that had happened to Antiterrorism.

Guy's personality and attitude in general are underrated and not brought up enough IMO

Anthony Randolph had a lot of talent but from accounts was kind of lazy + had a temper

I think a steady pg, is more important than a "True PG" in regards to winning chips.

Guys like Fish, Parker, Billups, White Chocolate, Jkidd, Rondo, Hell...even Chalmers who I hate were steady when their teams won.

Rondo and JKidd are true PGs in their prime.

But your not saying much. Pretty much proving my point further on teams not needing a true PG to succeed.

Hope you're right. There seems to be no in-between with Wiggins. Hate-or-love type prospect in terms of projecting his future ceiling and growth.
I am firmly in the middle but even then the folks in here try to make it out like it's a foolish opinion to say he'll have a K. Leonard type impact. I more like him than hate him, just don't love him.. his offense is certainly ahead of schedule compared to Leonard.. but it's all about putting it together out there..

Last edited:
I don't think Parker's offensive ceiling tempts me enough to take him #1. Gotta be Wiggins for his athleticism and desire to play defense

I still think if Wiggins ends up with the Cavs or Bucks, he would never reach his offensive potential if he would in Philly

I still think if Wiggins ends up with the Cavs or Bucks, he would never reach his offensive potential if he would in Philly
Honestly, that's a sad sad sad theory. The 6ers of all teams are going to unlock his offensive potential? If he's meant to be an exceptional offensive player he'll do that regardless if he plays with the sorry *** sixers or not

Honestly, that's a sad sad sad theory. The 6ers of all teams are going to unlock his offensive potential? If he's meant to be an exceptional offensive player he'll do that regardless if he plays with the sorry *** sixers or not
I never said unlock but reach. Yea he'll be able to score if on other teams but with Philly he'll have more free range to play and make mistakes to better his game

My point still remains, whether you're using the word unlock or reach. If we're depending on the 6ers to do that for him then that's just sad.

My point still remains, whether you're using the word unlock or reach. If we're depending on the 6ers to do that for him then that's just sad.
I'm not saying he NEEDS to be in Philly to be successful, there would be a better chance of it happening there compared to Cleveland or Milwaukee 

Give me summer league before I come up with a soft opinion...yall dudes getting swayed off workout vids :lol:

Wiggins tape is out.

this one?

His athleticism is :wow: but that's all I took away from the vid. His handles need to be tightened, he has no left hand. Jumper is decent though he gets little elevation, you'd think someone with his hops would have a really high unblockable release.

Wiggins physical gifts are undeniable, but you know how people talk about "So and so is an athlete, not a basketball player"? Wiggins is the prototype of that guy. I can't remember the last #1 pick who had a greater disparity between athleticism and skill. Kenyon Martin maybe? AW is basically being drafted #1 on sheer athleticism alone, there isn't a very long list of basketball (not athleticism, BASKETBALL) skills he is above average in.

An article I read linked this video that compiles all of his attempts at the rim in his freshman season. It's kind of worrisome that Wiggins bricks layups when college defenders breath on him:

He doesn't have that natural 'touch' around the rim.. that's not something you develop when you're already in the NBA, you learn it from a young age on the playground. What basketball skills is he elite in? He has sloppy handles in the halfcourt and dribbles way too high, looks stiff when he tries to do basketball moves. He's provides 0 in the passing department. I'll concede that he should be a good defender at the next level purely based on athleticism (However defense in the NBA is more about effort/focus than athleticism).

This dude is not a ballplayer man, he's an athlete. I don't see a generational basketball talent with this dude. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
My dude, it's a workout vid...with HIMSELF
laugh.gif

I'm surprised you of all people are suckered into this workout vid.
seems like a lot of GMs are too LOL

I questioned the sudden love affair with workout videos weeks ago.

Like...when that that become such a coved thing? ****** was in here asking for the Wiggins video like it was a new Drake mixtape.

My dude, it's a workout vid...with HIMSELF :lol:

I'm surprised you of all people are suckered into this workout vid.

seems like a lot of GMs are too LOL
A lot of GMs were suckered into Derrick Williams, Evan Turner, OJ Mayo, etc etc.. shall I go on? Darko, Thabeet, Jan Vesely,..

I'm not saying Wiggins will be as bad as any of those guys (in fact I'm sure he will be better than all of them) but let's not pretend that GMs and scouts can't get caught up in the hype as well. It happens every year.

Wiggins tape is out.

this one?

His athleticism is :wow: but that's all I took away from the vid. His handles need to be tightened, he has no left hand. Jumper is decent though he gets little elevation, you'd think someone with his hops would have a really high unblockable release.

Wiggins physical gifts are undeniable, but you know how people talk about "So and so is an athlete, not a basketball player"? Wiggins is the prototype of that guy. I can't remember the last #1 pick who had a greater disparity between athleticism and skill. Kenyon Martin maybe? AW is basically being drafted #1 on sheer athleticism alone, there isn't a very long list of basketball (not athleticism, BASKETBALL) skills he is above average in.

An article I read linked this video that compiles all of his attempts at the rim in his freshman season. It's kind of worrisome that Wiggins bricks layups when college defenders breath on him:

He doesn't have that natural 'touch' around the rim.. that's not something you develop when you're already in the NBA, you learn it from a young age on the playground. What basketball skills is he elite in? He has sloppy handles in the halfcourt and dribbles way too high, looks stiff when he tries to do basketball moves. He's provides 0 in the passing department. I'll concede that he should be a good defender at the next level purely based on athleticism (However defense in the NBA is more about effort/focus than athleticism).

This dude is not a ballplayer man, he's an athlete. I don't see a generational basketball talent with this dude. Just my opinion.

1. That is definitely something that can be developed.
2. College is 95% zone while nba is 95% man. What I saw from that vid was everytime he beat somebody, he was going straight into a big waiting for him, very seldom will it be like that in the NBA. He'll be going against a guy helping and more times than not finish because of his athleticism alone, or be able to draw the foul. Sit back and let him cook in the NBA :smokin

Last edited:
A lot of GMs were suckered into Derrick Williams, Evan Turner, OJ Mayo, etc etc.. shall I go on? Darko, Thabeet, Jan Vesely,..

I'm not saying Wiggins will be as bad as any of those guys (in fact I'm sure he will be better than all of them) but let's not pretend that GMs and scouts can't get caught up in the hype as well. It happens every year.

Chill out on OJ man >:

Bounce back year incoming

The main difference between Wiggins and those guys (maybe except Mayo) is that he didn't play himself up to this position. He's been heralded as an elite top 3 prospect since damn near the 10th grade. Dudes like Derrick Williams, Evan turner...and the rest of those bums had to play themselves up to that pedigree. 

When's the last time GM's have missed on one of those "can't miss" top 3 in any draft types? 

Chill out on OJ man >:

Bounce back year incoming
Count on sk to defend OJ mayo :lol:

The lovefest for Giannis is very funny to me. I mean, its obvious why people fall in love with people like that but there have been ten thousand other guys like him who "had all the tools."

The main difference between Wiggins and those guys (maybe except Mayo) is that he didn't play himself up to this position. He's been heralded as an elite top 3 prospect since damn near the 10th grade. Dudes like Derrick Williams, Evan turner...and the rest of those bums had to play themselves up to that pedigree. 

When's the last time GM's have missed on one of those "can't miss" top 3 in any draft types? 
You missed the point of my post.

I was pointing out that just because GMs say "Wiggins is gonna be the next blah blah" doesn't mean he's going to pan out that way. You think Wiggins is going to be the next LBJ? Because there have been GMs quoted as saying that before.

The lovefest for Giannis is very funny to me. I mean, its obvious why people fall in love with people like that but there have been ten thousand other guys like him who "had all the tools."
For once we agree. I don't get the love affair tbh. I mean, sure, nice solid player...

Back
Top Bottom