2014 NBA Draft Thread

Where the hell were all of you Wiggins-criticizers months ago while I was getting crapped on for saying these same things about him?
I haven't been on NT as much, maybe some of the stuff I'm saying has been rehashed already.

I actually think more highly of Wiggins' NBA prospects now than I did a couple months ago. But I can't help but feel that there's a major hype train going on, and people are letting the hype blind them from seeing certain flaws he has.

I think he'll be a very good player, but if he wants to be a GREAT player he has to put a lot of work on his game and that isn't given-- it's earned. People are assuming Wiggins is gonna automatically have a Kobe/Jordan type work ethic and will vastly improve on every single one of his flaws, but those players are rare.

Last edited:

wiggins was a great finisher in highschool, he'll put on strength and will get to the line even more in the league.

Every nba player was a great finisher in hs :lol:
HA!

Every NBA player was averaging crazy numbers in HS. Even the D League players and D1 players.

LOL @ bringing up HS.
LOL @ you not being able to comprehend the discussion

:smh: at yall thinking he really has no offensive skill set

wiggins was a great finisher in highschool, he'll put on strength and will get to the line even more in the league.

Every nba player was a great finisher in hs
laugh.gif
HA!

Every NBA player was averaging crazy numbers in HS. Even the D League players and D1 players.

LOL @ bringing up HS.

mean.gif
at yall thinking he really has no offensive skill set
Wiggins will never have the Offensive skill set you think he has.

This dude is soooo hypeddd.... he should be projected #4 - #8.

I hope Cleveland takes him so everyone can see how much of a bum is he on offense.

Tmac. He was actually used as a defender in Toronto his first year
laugh.gif
T-Mac was no average offensive player...he was just coming out of high school and played the same position as his superstar cousin on the team.

I hope Cleveland takes him so everyone can see how much of a bum is he on offense.
Wiggins should be projected to go 4-8?

Which 3 you have ahead of Wiggins?

You are notorious for disappearing after saying something so you should just fall back before calling people out

I didn't disappear from your quote earlier. I was just embarrassed for you that you didn't know the difference between the words "Perennial" and "perineal".

And just like I thought...he quoted a gm saying closer to what I said than his original claim of someone saying " the next Lebron".

Let my **** breathe

Last edited:

HA!

LOL @ bringing up HS.

4-8, the trolling is real :smh:

cant wait for that boy to cook and expose yall.

15-22 ppg his rookie year. See him at 18.

laugh.gif
HA!

LOL @ bringing up HS.

mean.gif

4-8, the trolling is real
mean.gif

15 at most.

If he's as good as ya'll think he is he'll avg 20.

Before Embiid got hurt it was..

1. Embiid

2. Parker

3. Randle

4. Wiggins

5. Exum

I see the Greek Freak turning into what Lamar Odom could've been if he wanted to play hard. Not a great scorer but does a little of everything. Will be a regular all-star and great 2nd option.

The only thing he has in common with KD is that he's tall. KD was born to get buckets and over time became a complete player. He is a natural scorer. Gianni's seems like a natural playmaker.

I'd love to see him a Parker playing together at the 3 and 4 together. It seems like they'd compliment eacth other perfectly on offense.

HA!

LOL @ bringing up HS.

4-8, the trolling is real :smh:

15 at most.

1. Embiid
2. Parker
3. Randle
4. Wiggins
5. Exum

The 76ers who are a perfect fit for wiggins, you have randle over him. Man if youre gonna hate, make it reasonable

Its been beaten to death, there really isn't anything left to say. Either you see the projection or you don't.

Scouts don't get paid to tell you that Lebron James, Tim Duncan, or Anthony Davis are going to be good any person with a basic level of baskeball knowledge can do that, that's not the job description that's not where they add value.

The job is to project, it's not to give a runs down of all the **** a prospect can or can't do, because like I said any basketball fan can do that, don't tell me what they can do now tell me what they can do 3 years from now, that's the real question that were all trying answer.

So on Wiggins and the rest of the top everythings been beaten to death, and like I said on most of them it becomes either you see it or you don't.

Quite frankly i dont aee the ceiling on Jabari some people do, well find out who was right in 3-5 years.

I see the Greek Freak turning into what Lamar Odom could've been if he wanted to play hard. Not a great scorer but does a little of everything. Will be a regular all-star and great 2nd option.

The only thing he has in common with KD is that he's tall. KD was born to get buckets and over time became a complete player. He is a natural scorer. Gianni's seems like a natural playmaker.

I'd love to see him a Parker playing together at the 3 and 4 together. It seems like they'd compliment eacth other perfectly on offense.
LMAO.

He will never be a ALL STAR in his life.

laugh.gif
HA!

LOL @ bringing up HS.

mean.gif

4-8, the trolling is real
mean.gif

15 at most.

1. Embiid
2. Parker
3. Randle
4. Wiggins
5. Exum
The 76ers who are a perfect fit for wiggins, you have randle over him. Man if youre gonna hate, make it reasonable
Randle > Wiggins.

Noel and Randle fron court > 

Whats the point of having a SF who can't score?

The same goea for Gannis adetokoumpo, if you cant see why people are excited, if you dont see his immense amount of potential, i dont know what yo say to you.

Wiggins has some work to do but some of ya'll act like he's this bum with absolutely no skills. He did average more PPG than Julius Randle. He still scored 17 a game. He still had a bunch of games where he went off in crunch time and/or dropped 29+.

The kid has skills. He did this without finishing well at the rim. He has a nice floater. He gets to the line a lot. His jump shot was streaky but it wasn't broke by any means. His jumper was his main weapon outside of transition.

Touch at the rim isn't really his problem. It's balance when finishing. That can most def be corrected.

People fail to realize how good Lamar Odom was at 18/19. And I think Giannis will have a better career but they are different players.

That's the problem with calling potential, it relies on using old archetypes when sometimes there are just simply new molds.

Back
Top Bottom