2014 NBA Draft Thread

Last edited:
Watching him play against high schoolers would definitely tell us more than we know now. Obviously you would come into those games with a certain mindset not the same as watching a college prospect

Was he dominating though? You could see his instincts, his mentality, his demeanor. From where we stand now there doesn't seem to be much on him except that he can't really shoot yet.

I mean.. would your rather select a high school guy with limited footage or with an abundance? I don't see the problem...

Last edited:
People gonna be disappointed when Exum averages 5 ppg his first year and is out the league after his rookie contract.
Remember most draft picks dont pan out. Yall acting like you never followed a draft before. Just google previous drafts and ask yourself where are most of those players now? Playing in Europe, South America or the d league is the answer.
I like this draft but its not like were gonna get 15 good players with long careers
I remembr gm's salivating over players like Derrick Williams, Wesley Johnson, Hasheem Thabeet

Last edited:
People gonna be disappointed when Exum averages 5 ppg his first year and is out the league after his rookie contract.
Remember most draft picks dont pan out. Yall acting like you never followed a draft before. Just google previous drafts and ask yourself where are most of those players now? Playing in Europe, South America or the d league is the answer.
I like this draft but its not like were gonna get 15 good players with long careers
If MCW is considered by some to a building block for a franchise, then I'll damn sure take my chances with Exum. 

Why do you feel that way about Exum though?

My Final list of player I like, don't like and sleepers:

Vonleh
Stauskaus
Payne
Warren
PJ
Shabazz
Young

Dislikes:
Lavine
Hood
Ennis
Randle
Stokes
Grant

Sleepers:
Russ Smith
Johnny O'Bryant
Spencer Dinwiddie
Dwight Powell

Russ Smith in the 2nd to the Wizards makes A LOT of sense.

Who do you all think will have the biggest slide in the draft...as far as going from a potential 1st round pick to the 2nd?

so is Cleveland really not going take that Orlando trade..

they could easily move afflalo for more picks from a playoff contender

I remembr gm's salivating over players like Derrick Williams, Wesley Johnson, Hasheem Thabeet

Quoting and screenshotting this one.

so is Cleveland really not going take that Orlando trade..

they could easily move afflalo for more picks from a playoff contender

Cleveland doesn't want more picks though. And Affalo is nothing greater than what Waiters is right now.

It's a push forward to win NOW for the Cavs, not to cash in on more picks.

Last edited:

And Affalo is nothing greater than what Waiters is right now.

roll.gif

@heatherespn: .@JabariParker just told us he thinks he will be the #2 pick #nbadraft

:nerd:

Afflalo is more efficient, is a better fit alongside Kyrie, and would be a more mature presence in Cleveland than Waiters. And it would allow Dion to be a 6th man like he's clearly more suited for.

The "win now" might be true, but most expected Embiid to go number 1 prior to getting hurt, and he's not a "win now" player.. he's a win in a few years when he develops and improves.

Wiggins seems like a no-brainer. They need his defense, we have the upside and potential.. it makes sense after Embiid's injury.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom