2014 NBA Draft Thread

This would be my final big board. separated by teirs.

Embiid
Wiggins
Exum
Parker

Smart
Randle
Nurkic
Saric
McDermott
Gordon
Payton
Vonleh

Ennis
Stauskas
Harris
Payne
Hariston
Capela

McDaneil
Warren
Grant
Anderson
McGary
Hood
Early
Stokes
Jordan Adams
James Young
Lavine
Dinwiddie

For second round picks I love, Khem Birch, Damien Inglis, Vasilije Micic, Burton.
For deep undrafted sleeps I like Bryce Cotton, Thanasis Antetokounmpo
Greek Freak 2 will be drafted mid-to-late second round.

If the Kings acquire Josh Smith, then its only right for the basketball Gods to send MCW to LA for the 7th pick.
Smoove sliding back to the 4 isn't the worst idea in the world, even next to Rudy. J only chucks when he plays on the perimeter as a SF, which is out of position like in Detroit. He was a force in Atlanta defensively.

The fact that people still buy into one player determining an entire basketball team's fate is everything wrong with the sport right now.

Last edited:
Everybody in the front office should be fired if 6ers draft exum smh. And if they take Emiid on top of that wow.

Exum and Embiid honestly have a chance to be the best players in this draft. Wouldn't be mad at all if we somehow ended up would both of them.

Position shouldn't matter to the Sixers, best talent should.
Here's Hinkie's conundrum or Catch-22. It's probably easier to go BPA in football rather than basketball.

I personally would be thrilled with landing Exum and Embiid with #3 and #10. I've long felt Embiid is the best prospect in the class over Ender and Bari, but the injury history do give some pause. Ideally Noel and Embiid don't pair well together because neither has a midrange game or consistent post moves. Embiid did show improvement in his short time at Kansas on the block.

Exum and MCW could work. Certainly defensively, but offensively you would bank on one or the other developing some sort of deep shooting. Exum more likely than MCW.

I'm all about value. Embiid and Exum are consensus top-4 prospects after Wiggins and Parker. If you pass on either, you may live to regret it. I'm also weary of reaching for Vonleh, Randle, or Gordon.

The fact that people still buy into one player determining an entire basketball team's fate is everything wrong with the sport right now.
This the draft thread ...everybody has hope and to the fans alotta these players are supposed to be stars :\ ...this will be a golden grave dig thread in a couple seasons with some of the statements and guarantees in here :lol:

This the draft thread ...everybody has hope and to the fans alotta these players are supposed to be stars :\ ...this will be a golden grave dig thread in a couple seasons with some of the statements and guarantees in here :lol:
I'm sure of nothing but willing to eat my seven pounds of crow if Clarky and Payton don't end up the quality players I projected in the NBA.

What I said does sound ridiculous in the draft thread. :lol:

But I was talking about the "Kevin Love is a career loser that is going to ruin any team he goes to; keep him away from mine" implication up there.

Crazy, man. It takes way more than one player to win or lose in this game.

Last edited:
Orlando offered Afflalo and picks 4 & 12 to Clevrland for the #1...damn
The question I have for Hennigan is does he want Bari or Wiggins.

We've discussed this, Orlando has a strong young core. Oladipo, Harkless, Harris, Vucevic, Nicholson. Hennigan must believe Parker or Ender is worth more than Exum and whoever the Magic have a choice of at #12.

If Orlando takes either Wiggins or Jabari, they might be sold on Oladipo being able to "play" point

The Cavs need to just draft Wiggins and move on.

They should have traded last years #1, not this year.
Tempting offer. Not a bad deal to accept if Cleveland believes they can get Embiid at #4.

If Orlando takes either Wiggins or Jabari, they might be sold on Oladipo being able to "play" point
All Vic wants is a defined role. If it's point, so be it. Although I did read and hear he preferred the 2-guard spot.

I still think a lineup of Exum, Oladipo, Harkless, Harris and Vucevic would be solid offensively and a nightmare defensively on the wings

If that trade happens, i think orlando is sold on exum & cavs are taking embiid at 4

vic isnt a pg, he got moved to sixth man because of that

He's going all in. Plus wiggins wants to play in philly

Yup I'm pretty confident he comes away with Wiggins somehow, someway
Two-fold question. Are you guys sold Wiggins is the clear-cut best prospect over Parker, Embiid, and Exum? Also, there's an element or question whether Ender is the best fit for Philly. We need reliable jump shooting from outside, and that's one area labeled a flaw against Wiggins. College teams were daring him to shoot deep at Kansas.

Back
Top Bottom