2014 NBA Draft Thread

What's the problem with just admitting that you've barely seen Favors play or that the Aldridge comparison was a wrong one?
laugh.gif

I think Kanter is the better player over Favors anyway. This Favors hype needs to die down. Dude's been in the league for 5 years and I still havent seen any significant improvement/consistency. Although, you can point a finger at their mediocre/below average coaching.

Utah can get the #2 pick for that same package. I dont think Cavs take Jabari.

Last edited:
I think Kanter is the better player over Favors anyway. This Favors hype needs to die down. Dude's been in the league for 5 years and still havent seen any improvement/consistency.

And he's still 22 years old.

There are people in this draft damn near older than him.

I get he's still 22. But if you havent improved from 18-22, what makes you think you will from 23-28?

He had all the opportunities with the Jazz any young player would need. I just dont think he has the "it" factor. He's a solid player, can be a starter on a bunch of teams, but never an all star like people said he could be.

Last edited:
Those Exum commercials :lol:

"I'm a point guard"

Penny 2.0? :pimp: :pimp:

I get he's still 22. But if you havent improved from 18-22, what makes you think you will from 23-28?

He had all the opportunities with the Jazz any young player would need. I just dont think he has the "it" factor.

"He has 5 more yrs until he hits his prime then hes gonna be good" - Typical NTer

I never thought Favors would be a big time scorer (18+ PPG), but having a competent two way center like Favors is/continues to develop to be is extremely valuable.

Last edited:
Dougie > Hood.

I'd take Vonleh and move Thompson.

Favors is a 5.
The one time we disagree, brotha. Know you're high on Dougie but I like Hood better at the next level. Hood is a better defender despite not shooting or scoring as well as McDermott at the college level.

You can tell who watched and who didn't watch Jazz games this year.

Favors is a center.
Add Utah to the list of non-watched NBA teams with Milwaukee. The Jazz haven't risen like I expected with Kanter and Favors in the front court. Hayward and Burks more than solid pieces. Trey should have been the last missing piece.

I think Kanter is the better player over Favors anyway.
He's not.

I dont think Utah liked playing Kanter. His minutes were so inconstant. When he did play though he stuffed the boxscore. When I did watch the games, the offense looked smoother with jim on the court. He didnt look so lost and out of focus as much as Favors did at times.

I think Kanter is the better player over Favors anyway. This Favors hype needs to die down. Dude's been in the league for 5 years and I still havent seen any significant improvement/consistency. Although, you can point a finger at their mediocre/below average coaching.

Utah can get the #2 pick for that same package. I dont think Cavs take Jabari.
Favors is better but I like both him and Kanter as a tandem. I wonder if the two are compatible moving forward in terms of playing winning basketball and making playoff appearances.

Burke, Parker and Kanter on the floor at the same time would be such a nightmare, defensively.

Not even sure that Hayward (underrated defender) and Gobert (soon to be one of best post defenders in the league) could make up for that.

They can't get much worse than they were last year, but that would be a real challenge for those two and Snyder.

Last edited:

He had all the opportunities with the Jazz any young player would need. I just dont think he has the "it" factor. He's a solid player, can be a starter on a bunch of teams, but never an all star like people said he could be.
Tyson Chandler didn't look like he had "it" early on in his career.. and eventually became DPOY.

Favors is better than Chandler at the same age and has the same DPOY potential, dude is an athletic freak who can lock down the paint.

22 years old is nothing. Big men usually take longer to develop, especially offensively (which is where Favors has most room for improvement)

Last edited:
I don't know what it is about the Nuggets I just hate them. Used to watch melo and ai take turns going iso for literally every possession, which was kinda cool. And then afflalo playing like a crackead was entertaining. But now I can't stand watching them. I think it's because they play a team game but aren't all that great of a team

Back
Top Bottom