2014 NBA Draft Thread

The Jazz really do need a "dog" on offense because Favors and Hayward ain't it. I thought Kanter could be, but he hasn't progressed enough.

Still can't believe Favors is still so young.

Bari is definitely a dog though, on the offensive end you can just tell in his body language he knows he's better than whoever is guarding him.

Footwork like a chubby ballroom dancer.

Nice call, Champ. She's a pretty one. Time to be a Kings fan as well :nthat:

Wolters has really nice range. Wanted him in a Knicks uni.
We're spoiled in NYC. Walked through Central Park before the office today. The women sunbathing had me intoxicated.

:lol: But you said trade their stretch 4 for a pg so kounmpo can play the 2, while henson & sanders start as the 4-5
I'm well aware Ilyasova stretches the floor and can shoot the ball well for a PF. Sanders has no trade value at the moment and I like Henson's length and defensive ability a lot, even if it is similar or matches Sanders' style of play. Redundant, maybe. Untouchable asset is not a label I would attach with Ilyasova.

Stein just tweeted Utah offering Favors, Burks, and #5 to the Cavs for the #1 and J.Jack.

I'm taking that if I'm Cleveland.
Cleveland is winning that proposed deal. Just to drop back four spots. Likely have a possible pick of Vonleh, Randle, or Embiid. Knowing Wiggins, Parker, and Exum will go in the top-4 in some order.

Favors is just 22 with 4 years NBA experience. I'm not ready to give up on him. Burks is a 2-guard, Utah's made a mistake in the past experimenting with transitioning Burks to PG pre-Trey Burke.

A long guy that can do work on the block but has limited range (hence the poor man) and is decent defensively...eh just my opinion.

You can tell who watched and who didn't watch Jazz games this year.

Favors is a center.

Kings fielding offers for No. 8 pick

The Sacramento Kings are fielding offers from three teams for the No. 8 pick in Thursday's NBA draft, sources with direct knowledge told ESPN Monday.

Sources said the Kings have two deals that could be done prior to Thursday's 2 p.m. trade deadline to change the draft order and one would be a draft night deal, depending on which players are available when the Kings select.

The three deals would return multiple draft picks and a veteran player to the Kings for the No. 8 pick.

Sources wouldn't reveal the three teams involved in the negotiations yet, but the source said the discussions are more than talk now and the Kings are weighing the offers against the potential four players who the Kings think will be available at No. 8, depending on what occurs in front of them in the lottery.

The Kings have had multiple offers for the No. 8 pick but have settled on these three possible deals.
Link

I can't help, but think Rondo is involved in one of the trade scenarios. Maybe Jeff Teague?

Marvin Williams started at PF.

I guess, I only was watching them more so during the 2nd half of the season when the tankapalooza was on. I see now that Marvin did start 50 games to Kanter's 37 but when Favors and Kanter were on the floor together, who was playing where, cause I always saw him at the 5 and Favors at the 4. Didn't Favors play at the 4 next to Brook Lopez for that brief time in Jersey? And when he did get on the court with Big Al last year?

I can't help, but think Rondo is involved in one of the trade scenarios. Maybe Jeff Teague?
Taj Gibson and the 2 Bulls picks pls....

I can't believe just a few years ago, Jason Thompson for Jeff Teague was on the verge of happening 
laugh.gif

Marvin Williams started at PF.

I guess, I only was watching them more so during the 2nd half of the season when the tankapalooza was on. I see now that Marvin did start 50 games to Kanter's 37 but when Favors and Kanter were on the floor together, who was playing where, cause I always saw him at the 5 and Favors at the 4. Didn't Favors play at the 4 next to Brook Lopez for that brief time in Jersey? And when he did get on the court with Big Al last year?
They couldn't score enough nor defend together this year.

But yeah, Favors was the power forward with Jefferson last year.

What's the problem with just admitting that you've barely seen Favors play or that the Aldridge comparison was a wrong one?

Favors is a defense-oriented center who rebounds really well, scores off PnR and struggles with his jump shot and in the post. Aldridge is an offense first PF who's not a great rebounder, scores all his points off jump shots and makes a living in the post. Only decent defensively considering his tools.

Almost complete opposites.

Back
Top Bottom