2014 NBA Draft Thread

I have an article due afterward on undrafted steals. I gotta go to a draft one of these years. Been wanting to boo for a while.

Last edited:
Love Kane but coaches ain't keen on drafting somebody the same age as they are.

He's 7 years older than Noah Vonleh.........

He's older than James Harden.

Last edited:
Love Kane but coaches ain't keen on drafted somebody the same age as they are.

Feel you, it's wild in this age of modern sports with instant gratitude.

However, I'm comfortable with Kane running a second unit from day one. On a squad like the Pacers, for example.

I couldn't live with taking either of the three at #3 over Exum and Embiid. If we don't want the latter two prospects, trade back. Simple value.

Why trade back? You're putting too much emphasis on the mock draft, its not always about picking the best available even if the player doesnt fit well with your roster

Why trade back? You're putting too much emphasis on the mock draft, its not always about picking the best available even if the player doesnt fit well with your roster
I'm not forcing Philly to take Exum or Embiid if they don't fit next to MCW and Noel. I'm saying trade down to get Gordon, Randle, or Vonleh instead because the value isn't great at #3.

I'm not forcing Philly to take Exum or Embiid if they don't fit next to MCW and Noel. I'm saying trade down to get Gordon, Randle, or Vonleh instead because the value isn't great at #3.

But why trade down if you have another lotto pick at #10, get your pf that you need at 3 & get you a wing threat that you need at 10 if parker & wiggins go 1 & 2

But why trade down if you have another lotto pick at #10, get your pf that you need at 3 & get you a wing threat that you need at 10 if parker & wiggins go 1 & 2
The whole reason three different teams are inquiring to trade up for the #2 with Milwaukee. The 3-5 range of selections presents a dilemma. Take BPA that doesn't fit or reach for the prospect you really want incurring more risk.

Love Kane but coaches ain't keen on drafting somebody the same age as they are.

that age thing matters a lot more when you think a guy has the potential to be a long term starter/all star/guy to build around.

i think most people expect Kane to be a 2nd unit/6th man/last starter type of guy as a long term projection. of course if he blossoms to be better (which i personally, hold onto the potential of that happening) then that's extra/great. but i think his age/experience could be a plus in this specific case.

Last edited:
So I'm correct in thinking that Jabari wants to be THE franchise player on whatever team he lands on??? Kyrie and Dion won't let him shine on the Cavs, while no one will deny him the ball on the Bucks.

So I'm correct in thinking that Jabari wants to be THE franchise player on whatever team he lands on??? Kyrie and Dion won't let him shine on the Cavs, while no one will deny him the ball on the Bucks.
PG - Greek Freak - Bari - Henson - Sanders. Nasty.

Trade Ilyasova and acquire a capable point guard.

Back
Top Bottom