2014 NBA Draft Thread

Brett Brown was the Spurs player development coach from 2002-2013 and won four titles with them. I trust him with developing any projects we bring in.

With that said, Embiid and Lavine wouldn't exactly excite me as our tanking prize. I'd prefer Exum and Gordon if we're going the developmental route.

The difference between D-Will and Gordon is that Williams wants to be a small forward and jack up a bunch of threes trying to cross guys on the perimeter. He's basically an "I get buckets and do nothing else" type of player. Gordon wants to be a power forward, can guard basically any position, wants to do the dirty work, has a tremendous basketball IQ, hard worker, gym rat, makes good decisions with the ball and is a great passer.

Last edited:
RT @MySportsLegion: Report: Jabari Parker prefers to play for the Bucks and may have tanked his workout with the Cavs. (via Chad Ford)

Cavs taking Ls already and it's not even draft night.

Gordon's floor is as a great glue guy in this league. If he develops his shot and his slashing ability he could have a really nice career. I like him but idk at 5. I guess if he plays the 4 for Utah and Favors is at the 5 it'll work well. Really good passer and instincts on the court. Plays intelligently.

Not much besides defensive ability, in fact Derrick actually carried more of the load during his Zona tenure.
Agreed. I think he is quicker, has a better handle and passes the ball better. Still needs to improve on both. He isnt a tweener like Derrick I think he will be a 3 right off the bat. He can guard three positions and the smaller power forwards. 

Bari just wanna shoot, he know Kyrie and Waiters ain't tryna give him 20 shots a game. :lol:

Milwaukee is close to the Chi too, going be a lot of people from the Go at all the home games.

Last edited:
Yeah exactly. It's like 1hr 15 min away. He'll probably live in between.

It's better to let wiggins play with his Canadian fellows and let Bari play close to home.

He can be live 45 min away from his hometown if he lives further south of Milwaukee.

Last edited:
With that said, Embiid and Lavine wouldn't exactly excite me as our tanking prize. I'd prefer Exum and Gordon if we're going the developmental route.
with taken them 2 projects you can bet you would be tanking again next year

I'd be happy with LaVine and Embiid but I don't see the point in taking him when you have Nerlens who's probably going to be 7'4 by the time the season starts. :lol:

If Embiid could develop the J and you play them at the 4/5 though. :wow:

LaVine easily the most polarizing player in the draft.

Embiid could play the 4 on offense with Nerlens at the 5 and swap on D with Nerlens at the 4 and Embiid at 5. Lavine can thrive in Brent Brown's offense the same way Wiggins can and wouldn't have the pressure of living up to the hype.

wants to do the dirty work, has a tremendous basketball IQ, hard worker, gym rat, makes good decisions with the ball and is a great passer.

Aaron Gordon = Steve Blake and every other scrappy white PG.

Got it.

The Jazz are in a strange position.

Either top wing that they desperately need next to Hayward will be gone, they really have little use for Randle and Vonleh because either are too similar to what they already have/they don't need a fourth paint-oriented big that requires legitimate minutes, they likely won't take a chance on Embiid if he is still there, and Smart won't work out for them.

If I had to guess, they either make a splash and trade up for Wiggins/Parker, trade out because they are already young enough and could use a more established player (probably a wing), or just take Gordon because he represents something different.

Edit: Assuming that Exum is already gone. If he is still there at five, maybe him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom