2014 NBA Draft Thread

If Embiid is out 6-8mos he will be back before or shortly after AllStar break, I don't know that the Cavs pass. I don't know that I would but I can say and think stupid, they don't have that luxury, lol, doesn't mean they play safe and take a healthy pick.
They are familiar with a players success after the same surgery and are familiar with stupid moves

On another note, all the Michigan prospects goofed besides Stauskas. GRIII and Mitch shoulda left last year and got paid, dudes lost millions.

Last edited:
How Hawes, who strictly plays a center, can take precious minutes from bennett, who was either pegged at 3 or 4, is just beyond me. If anything, blame should be on Mike Brown because he never provided consistent minutes for Bennett.

Dude had no idea what he was talking about. He was proven wrong and still tried to defend what he had said lol. I guess he just wrote the 1st thing that came to his mind.

I like Young and Austin a lot in the second round. Young a little more so since he's more NBA ready. Austin has potential though. Pretty decent handle for a big man, just needs to develop more of a face up/mid range game and get stronger so he could develop in the post. Not worried about his partial blindness either. Could be a nice pickup for the right team.

My only knock on the Hawes trade was the draft pick Cavs gave up but sometimes you gotta do that when you're a young team. How a 7 footer took minutes away from a tweener is beyond me tho.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure dude that made the comment on the Hawes taking Bennett's minutes has been flamed enough.
Now it just seems like if you don't join the flame party you aren't cool.
Let that topic die.

Hoping Embiid slides to 7, if not AG needs to be there at that pick.

I may be alone on this...but I think Aquille Carr is going to find his way on a team. Maybe not drafted...but I wouldn't be surprised if he turned enough heads in summer league to get a camp invite.

Natural scorer and elite athlete but don't lie your DMV bias is showing. :lol:
1st off he not from the DMV :lol: ....Baltimore :pimp:

That's my mans n all but his chances r slim to none in the league ...he's too small for NBA teams to look past his off the court/ attitude n commitment issues smh

Still think Just on pure skill/talent he was one of the best in his class...gave all the top prospects that work anytime they played...he just built like a middle schooler :lol:

I may be alone on this...but I think Aquille Carr is going to find his way on a team. Maybe not drafted...but I wouldn't be surprised if he turned enough heads in summer league to get a camp invite.

Natural scorer and elite athlete but don't lie your DMV bias is showing. :lol:
1st off he not from the DMV :lol: ....Baltimore :pimp:

That's my mans n all but his chances r slim to none in the league ...he's too small for NBA teams to look past his off the court/ attitude n commitment issues smh

Still think Just on pure skill/talent he was one of the best in his class...gave all the top prospects that work anytime they played...he just built like a middle schooler :lol:

DMV = DC, Maryland, Virginia.

Baltimore's not in Maryland??

Oh.

Chad Ford is on Sportscenter right now said Parker worked out for the Cavs on Friday and was overweight at 255 (11%) body fat. Said he didn't shoot well, got nervous and winded. Wasn't there some report that Parker showed great mental toughness at that workout? Lol

On the flipside said Wiggins shot the ball great in his workout with the Cavs and blew Gilbert away with his athleticism

I don't really take Chad Ford seriously but I don't doubt what he said.. he thinks Parker goes #1

Last edited:
Dog so sad about austin. I feel like **** after the jokes i made about him at baylor smh.

Damb

So he cant play in the league at all?

Last edited:
Chad Ford is on Sportscenter right now said Parker worked out for the Cavs on Friday and was overweight at 255 (11%) body fat. Said he didn't shoot well, got nervous and winded. Wasn't there some report that Parker showed great mental toughness at that workout? Lol

On the flipside said Wiggins shot the ball great in his workout with the Cavs and blew Gilbert away with his athleticism

I don't really take Chad Ford seriously but I don't doubt what he said.. he thinks Parker goes #1

The wasserman workout is where he looked good, people said he was 245 at that workout.

how is he getting fatter?

The wasserman workout is where he looked good, people said he was 245 at that workout.

how is he getting fatter?
Which day was that?

Ford was really critical of Parker for his workout on Friday but he still believes he'll go #1.. I wonder if this guy's weight becomes a problem depending on what position he's trying to play

Which day was that?

Ford was really critical of Parker for his workout on Friday but he still believes he'll go #1.. I wonder if this guy's weight becomes a problem depending on what position he's trying to play

a while ago, its the youtube video.

Chad ford is talking about the private cavs workout.

a while ago, its the youtube video.

Chad ford is talking about the private cavs workout.
Oh yeah I know that, but there was a recent report that Parker showed "mental toughness" at a Cavs workout. I think it was posted 3-5 pages ago which is what is confusing me. This was a separate workout than the youtube video. Seems like there's conflicting reports of Parker's workout with the Cavs

Last edited:
@SpearsNBAYahoo Duke forward Jabari Parker showed his all-around skills & mental toughness in workout with Cavs but had some struggles shooting,sources said

Here's the Tweet I was referring to.. hmmm looks like Spears and Ford agree that his shooting was not good...

I thought parker loss 20 lbs :lol: i told yall hes gonna be a fulltime 4 in a couple of yrs, hes just naturally big no rainbow

I thought parker loss 20 lbs
laugh.gif
i told yall hes gonna be a fulltime 4 in a couple of yrs, hes just naturally big no rainbow
Looks like he lost a bunch of weight but then gained it back for some reason... might naturally just end up being that heavy

Parker just has a lousey gooey bodytype. Probably easy to put on fat/weight if he eats crappy

Back
Top Bottom