2014 NBA Draft Thread

Cavs organization went under a major shift, it ain't Chris Grant and Mike Brown no more, we just have to wait and see, Thursday will be telling.

Cavs were 16-33 when Grant got canned. They went 17-16 under Griffin as GM and he acquired Hawes at the deadline.

Not saying that's good by any means but certainly better than it was.

Thursday shouldn't be a big deal. It's Wiggins or Parker. This isn't hard.

Acquiring Hawes and playing him over Bennett was the stupidest move they made all season.

You have no idea what you are talking about like usual.

Hawes got acquired when there were 27 games left.

Bennett missed 17 of those games with injury.

Try again.

dm_140117_Feature_On_Baylor_Center_Isaiah_Austin.jpg

View media item 1038962

Wouldn't mind if Cavs picked up Isiah Austin or Patric Young 2nd round if they're still there

The heat need to draft one of these dudes

Cavs were 16-33 when Grant got canned. They went 17-16 under Griffin as GM and he acquired Hawes at the deadline.

Not saying that's good by any means but certainly better than it was.

Thursday shouldn't be a big deal. It's Wiggins or Parker. This isn't hard.

I just hope they pick Wiggins, y'all don't really need more offense.

You have no idea what you are talking about like usual.

Hawes got acquired when there were 27 games left.

Bennett missed 17 of those games with injury.

Try again.

What purpose does acquiring a player like Spencer Hawes do for a team like Cleveland? All he does is take minutes away from Bennett and Thompson. What purpose does having a .500 record once you've already fallen out of the playoff chase have? It's classic loser moves. And Bennett may have been injured, but beforehand Brown stopped playing him consistently just as he had started finding a groove.

I dont even see there being a big discrepancy in scoring between wiggins and parker in the nba tbh.

I see bari around 20 and wiggy around 17 for their rookie seasons.

now if wiggy goes to the cavs and bari goes to the bucks I can see the discrepancy being a bit more.

Now if bari goes 1 and wiggy goes 2 I see wiggins getting around 20 and averaging more ppg than bari.

Wiggins will score strictly off his über elite athleticism and first step, he's not in the same league as Bari skill wise but he still has scoring instincts and I have no doubt that he will develop into a 25+ a game guy but Bari is going to be the type to drop 40 in his rookie year on more than 1 occasion if he's the first option.

I still think Wiggins is the better prospect obviously but Bari is a different type of player on offense, I saw him at 16 making pro moves in the post and footwork wise, he ain't normal.

Last edited:
I wouldn't blink an eye if Bennett turned himself into a productive player but yall need to stop with the Larry Johnson references. It was silly last summer and it still is

I had league pass so I watched a couple of Cavs games here and there. First of all, Hawes took 0 minutes away from AB. Second, that was a GREAT pickup by the Cavs. He played some of his best basketball as a Cav, hope they keep him.

AB needs to start fresh. Just completely forget last season. Blatt will find his strengths and plug him in where he plays best. Mike Brown and AB's physical issues cut his minutes. Not Spencer.

Last edited:
That's true. Sheer prospect of what Gordon/Vonleh/Randle (take your preference) could be outweighs what know in one year. ROY or not, I think you take the NBA future of Aaron Gordon over the NBA career of Michael Carter-Williams in the end.

I don't buy into "IN A GOOD SITUATION, HE HAS POTENTIAL TO BE REALLY GOOD" cliche all the time, but Gordon and Vonleh are applicable.

The Melo comparison for Jabari has one flaw - while JP can rebound, Melo came out in the 2003 draft as a more refined rebounder than JP. That's one of Melo's valuable qualities, so it really can't be brushed off.

I may be alone on this...but I think Aquille Carr is going to find his way on a team. Maybe not drafted...but I wouldn't be surprised if he turned enough heads in summer league to get a camp invite.

I may be alone on this...but I think Aquille Carr is going to find his way on a team. Maybe not drafted...but I wouldn't be surprised if he turned enough heads in summer league to get a camp invite.

Natural scorer and elite athlete but don't lie your DMV bias is showing. :lol:

How Hawes, who strictly plays a center, can take precious minutes from bennett, who was either pegged at 3 or 4, is just beyond me. If anything, blame should be on Mike Brown because he never provided consistent minutes for Bennett.

why dante exum vs team usa highlights look like marcus smart defensive highlights

He burned Payton though and he's locking up everybody as well as Smart.

The team Exum played on was literally just him, when he played at the Hoop Summit you seen the difference and can't deny it.

Obviously I'm a Wiggins believer but I was more impressed by Exum. I know if he's on an NBA caliber team with any semblance of talent he'll flourish.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom