2014 NBA Draft Thread

1. Yeah I've seen that and it is flawed, it using an end point that skews the results.

including international players from pre-dream team basically pre the global explosion of basketball messes your sample up and isn't relevant to draft prospects in 2014. We don't compare players form the dead ball era in baseball to modern MLB players with understanding the context of their statistics. Pre 90's international prospects shouldn't be included in any intelligent study to gage the relative sucess levels of NBA prospects.

2. I said International players selected IN THE LOTTERY. very specifically.

International players selected in the lottery, have higher average PER's and a lower bust rate (less that 50 career games played). http://basketball-statistics.com/collegeexperience.html

Last edited:
dm_140117_Feature_On_Baylor_Center_Isaiah_Austin.jpg

View media item 1038962

Wouldn't mind if Cavs picked up Isiah Austin or Patric Young 2nd round if they're still there

Last edited:
Have you had the chance to see any tape on him?

Not much. Just a few clips that some of the people online who are covering the draft have put up. From the little that I gathered, I like him a lot. He's a fluid guard who can play both positions and has some athleticism to him. He has the technique and feel to be a knockdown shooter and can create for himself off the bounce. I feel like his ability to score combined with his size and other attributes will make him a very solid 2 guard on the next level.

Not much. Just a few clips that some of the people online who are covering the draft have put up. From the little that I gathered, I like him a lot. He's a fluid guard who can play both positions and has some athleticism to him. He has the technique and feel to be a knockdown shooter and can create for himself off the bounce. I feel like his ability to score combined with his size and other attributes will make him a very solid 2 guard on the next level.

If you believe he can defend point guards I don't what makes you think he can't play the position.

I watched him at the u19 and u18, seemed like a modern attacking point gaurd in the vein of Derrick Rose, Russel Westbrook, Dragic, Bledsoe, ect ect

Its not like he's Brandon Knight who turned the ball over every second pass when he tries to play point guard.

If you believe he can defend point guards I don't what makes you think he can't play the position.

I watched him at the u19 and u18, seemed like a modern attacking point gaurd in the vein of Derrick Rose, Russel Westbrook, Dragic, Bledsoe, ect ect

Its not like he's Brandon Knight who turned the ball over every second pass when he tries to play point guard.

I never once said that I believe he "can't" play the point though :lol: :lol: his size and solid athleticism will sure allow him to defend both guard positions. I just feel like in the NBA, when you're 6'6 and can score / have that aggressive mindset the way it appears that Dante has, whichever team drafts him will probably play him at the 2. He's a very solid one to me, but his scoring instincts is what makes me a fan of his. He's a better 2 than 1 with a bit more size than the guys you listed which is why I feel like he'll spend the majority of time at the 2 in the league.

If you are drafting him top 5 you have to put the ball in his hands and play him a point, otherwise I don't see the point.

PG with elite size is what makes him a top 4 pick.

I'd rather have Exum at the 1, far more mismatches especially if you have another dynamic athlete on the wing.

Whether or not International players are more prone to be busts, or if he pans out, it doesn't matter. You don't take him over Parker. Especially if you're in the Bucks position of being irrelevant for over a decade. Now's not the time. I hope and think he will do well. But you don't take him over Parker. All because of Brandon Knight.

Last edited:
For some odd reason i feel like Isaiah Austin is gonna be a better pro than college player. I hated him at Baylor too.

The Bucks need Parker.

I'm sure you guys are aware this team has been **** for 14 years. After 14 years the worst thing they can do is try their luck on an international teenager. Too many teams have gone down that road before including the bucks and have failed. More often than not they fail. I don't care what anyone's evaluation is on the guy. Too many times someone's evaluation on an international player failed. More often than not the evaluation fails. After 14 years you take the guy who has proven himself as NBA ready. Giannis will be an elite defender. Parker who is expected to be an elite scorer would compliment him perfectly.

This is all fine and dandy but it won't make a difference if cavs choose Parker first.

I remember watching every time besides that in preseason and the beginning of the regular season him looking like he was going to die on the floor. Haven't seen a dude gasp for air so much in the NBA in quite some time.

Asthma is rough bruh.

If you are drafting him top 5 you have to put the ball in his hands and play him a point, otherwise I don't see the point.

PG with elite size is what makes him a top 4 pick.

First thing I thought when I saw his 6'6 size @PG was this is the reason for his high draft position.
After watching the clips on him Id say for sure, his 6'6 size has a lot to do with his high draft prediction. He's alright, but not my favorite PG (that size though, give me Exum)

Asthma is rough bruh.

Shoulder surgery. Missing summer league and all of the summer.

Gaining weight. Asthma. Sleep Apnea.

Being terrified to be on the court and being so out of shape.

Not getting any run in that atrocious offense.

Such a bust. should just retire.

You know who else had sleep apnea?

Jamarcus Russell.

Nah Bennett has potential though, I blame Mike Brown and the Cavs organization for not focusing on developing him.

Last edited:
Anthony Bennett was fat and out of shaped. He failed himself.

Plus his shape up always looked rough. I know there's some decent barbers in Cleveland.

Shoulder surgery. Missing summer league and all of the summer.

Gaining weight. Asthma. Sleep Apnea.

Being terrified to be on the court and being so out of shape.

Not getting any run in that atrocious offense.

Such a bust. should just retire.

That's what I always try to explain to people, they don't know the big picture.

I've seen what Bennett can be and I'm not giving up on son, he just was in a terrible situation last year beyond his control.

Faith in Blatt man.

Gilbert is who he is. Nothing more than an amateur owner who was put in a terrible situation and had absolutely no clue what he was doing.

Last edited:
Blatt is a great coach...hopefully it translates over here but man I hate he is under the cavs organization...not a healthy place for a first year nba coach

Back
Top Bottom