2014 NBA Draft Thread

I want the Spurs to draft Thanasis Antetokounmpo. We definitely aren't going after a big anymore, and if he can be anything close to Giannis is showing potential wide. Plus he's foreign, add another flag to the roster!

The guy you drafted last year, Livio Jean Charles, whenever and if he ever comes over, man what a pick :pimp:

I trust every single international player the Spurs draft.

Last edited:
his source must be a life long laker fan who makes up wild trades the lakers can make. makes no sense for the sixers to do this.

next report will be robert sacre for kevin love straight up.

Last edited:
that trade is something you see out of NBA 2k
laugh.gif

I love how Simmons can't help but say "I'd trade down.." and then he throws out his trade scenarios :lol:

Yea Jalen reached on a couple of picks there :lol:

Cant wait for Thursday, hope its an epic night with trades. Contemplating on heading out to Barclays.

Unfortunately, I'll be working.. so I'll catch the picks but miss all the commentary and outrage :lol:

With Joel Embiid's foot surgery, and the reported 4-6 month recovery that comes with it, the Cavs are said to be leaning toward Duke's Jabari Parker with the No. 1 pick. Parker is more NBA-ready than Andrew Wiggins, who would go to the Bucks at No. 2. Rival executives believe it would be out of character for Cleveland GM David Griffin to trade the top pick, and believe Bucks GM John Hammond would be hard-pressed to deviate from the other consensus top player in the draft after Embiid's injury shook up the top of the lottery.

• The biggest beneficiary of Embiid's injury could be Australian shooting guard Dante Exum. Word among executives is that Orlando likes Exum at No. 4, but with Embiid dropping -- how far, nobody knows for sure -- Exum might not be gone by then. The Magic's dilemma: They want a top frontcourt player to pair with Nikola Vucevic and may not be able to get one they're comfortable with at No. 12. In that case, sources say they may opt for Indiana's Noah Vonleh with the fourth pick.

Looking like

1 - Cavs - Jabari Parker
2 - Bucks - Andrew Wiggins
3 - Sixers - Dante Exum
4 - Magic - Noah Vonleh
5 - Jazz - Julius Randle
6 - Celtics - Joel Embiid or Aaron Gordon
7 - Lakers - Aaron Gordon or Joel Embiid
8 - Kings - Marcus Smart

Cavs drafted Anthony Bennett #1 overall last season.
The next Larry Johnson :nthat:

Whoever gets Exum is gonna be getting a future star. Dude seems like he has it. Long frame, moves effortlessly with the ball. More of a combo guard than a pure point but he could probably make it work as a 1 on certain teams. Won't ever rack up tons of assists though, and will need to gain more muscle.

What's the word on this guy Walter Tavares? Hawks worked him out last week. 7'3 big
Been playing ball for only 4 years. Is tall and has long arms but he's not explosive. Will need to get stronger to be of any value. Ok rebounder because of his height and reach. Will get bodied on the block until he adds some muscle but those long arms could bail him out of bad positioning occasionally. Needs to get better as a screener but he slips and dives well. Pretty decent free throw shooter but hasn't expanded offensively outside of the paint. Has no post moves. You could probably take a flier on him in the second round since you can't teach height but he has questionable lateral movement and will need to time to grow on both ends. Could be an above average role player at some point in his career if he lands on the right team.

I remember watching every time besides that in preseason and the beginning of the regular season him looking like he was going to die on the floor. Haven't seen a dude gasp for air so much in the NBA in quite some time.

With Joel Embiid's foot surgery, and the reported 4-6 month recovery that comes with it, the Cavs are said to be leaning toward Duke's Jabari Parker with the No. 1 pick. Parker is more NBA-ready than Andrew Wiggins, who would go to the Bucks at No. 2. Rival executives believe it would be out of character for Cleveland GM David Griffin to trade the top pick, and believe Bucks GM John Hammond would be hard-pressed to deviate from the other consensus top player in the draft after Embiid's injury shook up the top of the lottery.

• The biggest beneficiary of Embiid's injury could be Australian shooting guard Dante Exum. Word among executives is that Orlando likes Exum at No. 4, but with Embiid dropping -- how far, nobody knows for sure -- Exum might not be gone by then. The Magic's dilemma: They want a top frontcourt player to pair with Nikola Vucevic and may not be able to get one they're comfortable with at No. 12. In that case, sources say they may opt for Indiana's Noah Vonleh with the fourth pick.

Looking like

1 - Cavs - Jabari Parker
2 - Bucks - Andrew Wiggins
3 - Sixers - Dante Exum
4 - Magic - Noah Vonleh
5 - Jazz - Julius Randle
6 - Celtics - Joel Embiid or Aaron Gordon
7 - Lakers - Aaron Gordon or Joel Embiid
8 - Kings - Marcus Smart

If Bucks get Wiggins, I can totally see the Sixers trading up for him. Swap Exum + Thad Young for Wiggins. The bucks will have a decent back court with Knight and Exum and will not take time off of Greek Freak while the Sixers end up with their number 1 prospect. Include Thad Young at PF and you have a decent squad.

Last edited:
Bring Sanders out of rehab and with Mayo on the bench. You might have a playoff contender in the East.

Back
Top Bottom