2014 NBA Draft Thread

I have no idea who either of those are. Just saw the post and laughed at it. I wasn't just bringing the Clips up outta thin air. :lol:

I think he forgot the N at the end of his name tho.

Last edited:
Jeff Capel was just on the radio lobbying for Jabari.

Said that people are over exaggerating his defense because Duke put so much of an offensive load on him and if you actually watched the Duke games he was a "defensive center" meaning that he was guarding dudes 6'10 or 6'11 and he won't have to do that in the pros.

Lakers are in a VERY bad situation. They almost have to be a playoff team next year. Not making the playoffs + not getting a top 5 pick is a disaster.

Look they have 27 mlll, they almost have to spend. Aside from a big trade, this is what I'm doing if I'm them.....

Draft a PF (Randle/Gordon/Noah)
Sign Bledsoe
Sign Gortat

Did you read the Stein tweet right before your post :lol:? More likely than not to keep the pick.

Jeff Capel was just on the radio lobbying for Jabari.

Said that people are over exaggerating his defense because Duke put so much of an offensive load on him and if you actually watched the Duke games he was a "defensive center" meaning that he was guarding dudes 6'10 or 6'11 and he won't have to do that in the pros.
What did he say about his perimeter defense, anything?

The 76ers deal makes a little more sense to me.....

Y would the lakers help Golden State (who's in their division)get the player they wish they could get (love) and end up with Klay?

C CP1708 ,I think you are giving this current Lakers regime wayyyyy to much credit man. As fans, WE think it is logical to avoid Klay Thompson, or the MCW bull **** deal but there is no guarantee our stupid *** front office is thinking that.

Lately, we have been making a lot of stupid *** moves, you know this better than anyone. Also, whenever Jim, Jeanie, or Mitch speak they talk about building a contender and competing right away. I definitely think they would do a deal such as the Klay Thompson one or something similar to put a somewhat winning product out on the court. Do I agree with that? Hell ******* no, but with all the decisions this group has been making these past few years I definitely am not putting it past them.

Last edited:
It seems like the 6ers went from bossing the draft to really missing out. Won't get Parker or Wiggins. Can't really afford to take Embiid since they already took Noel and had to deal with Bynum. Sucks

Sixers can still come out winners, just have to adapt.

If I'm the Lakers, no way I'm trading the 7th pick unless it involves Love which isn't happening.

:lol: its always the delusional lakers fans, "take the #7 & try to make him a star like kawhi" :lol: like its that easy to accomplish

Last edited:
srsly, Laker fans are the worst

nobody cares about who runs the city

Do you even live here? (In Los Angeles)
The Clipper players don't even worry about it because they know no matter what they do, it's the Lakers' city.

Chris Paul and Blake Griffin have pretty much said it.

There isn't a single article from that time that said Smart was going #1, but #2 aint so bad
laugh.gif

Yes, he was.
Yes, he was.

chad ford and Draftexpress both had him going #2 to Magic.

So unless you have access to internal team draft boards you are incorrect.

I'm not incorrect. I don't care what you've just looked at to find that #2. He was projected #1. I don't know how he was even on any draft boards because he announced his return right after they lost in the tournament. In March sometime, so any draft board after that didn't have him at anything much less #2.
I didn't read this online or speculate because I'm a homer. Sun-Sat sports talk is on in my truck, and unfortunately I spent over 200hours in said truck last year EVERY WEEK and whoever was on the radio local or national syndicates had Smart @1 before his decision to return to college.
I'm right, not saying your wrong but, I'm right so let that leave you where you may be

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom