2014 NBA Draft Thread

I really just can't see who in the top 10 picks would be willing to gamble on Embiid and his foot situation at this point. I'd say the Sixers or Magic would be willing to take a risk like that because if their two picks in the top 12 but both of them already have really good young center prospects.

Buc, that's exactly why they'd take him. They have a center already so there's absolutely no pressure on the pick to succeed. He's taking this season off, then being eased in the year after. That's 2 years to see if Noel or Vucevic are the real deal. Very little downside especially when you have another pick in the draft.

Something seems fishy about what's going on with Embiid.

The ***** was golfing yesterday too. Who the hell golfs the day after they break their foot?

embiid is doing everything he can to make the cavs NOT pick him
laugh.gif

i still remember that stone cold "i might have to live in cleaveland" look he had when the cavs won the lottery.

Stress fractures don't happen in an instant either. How did he allegedly check out fine in Cleveland?

I don't know the timeline but Brook Lopez has also had some weird stuff happen with his foot. Like before he was out for the season at one point, he played an entire 4th quarter + overtime. Was only day to day after that. He broke his foot before and they thought it was just an ankle sprain for a while. Randle also supposedly has a foot issue and he's still working and looking fine. I guess foot injuries are weird?

Stress fractures are called "stress" fractures because of repeated trauma to that area.

So again...how does he show no red flags and then needs surgery to heal a stress fracture a week later.

That + Scumbag Arn Tellem = I ain't buying it.

They want Embiid somewhere not named Cleveland. Plain and simple.

Last edited:
Lmao.

Pretty sure he wouldn't fake a surgery.

Dudes out 4-6 months. Tough break.
it got him out of being the automatic 1st pick and going to the cavs it looks like. at this point the cavs can't strike out 2 years in a row with the 1st pick, exum or wiggins might go first now.

Cleveland is for sure better than Milwaukee though. I think the timing of the announcement and surgery is fishy, but there is no doubt that Embiid has some injury problems.

I will gladly pass on that offer.

Straight Up MCW can't shoot isn't much of a Point, and played on a team that had people thinking Evan Turner had talent... he's fools gold... & i like Thad's game but he's a piece for a team who really wants to compete not to build on.

I Much rather test my luck with Smart, Vonleh, Randle or Gordon

Smarts the sleeper. Crazy that one year can take you from the #1 prospect to somewhere in the top 10. Like to see the Lakers get that man

With Kobe's age and lack of speed, yes.

Klay is 6'7 himself, so he could play SF with little to no issues.

But please, don't let this trade happen.

Last edited:
The Lakers have so many holes, they can't try and accelerate the rebuild by taking on Klay because of his contract situation.

Not to mention helping the Warriors get Kevin ******* Love.

Klay does nothing for LA or any of these scenarios involving their pick that doesn't give them two picks. Lakers don't need dudes making 9mill plus a year. They need young players on cheap contracts. Maintain that flexibility and build intelligently through the draft and key signings.

With Kobe's age and lack of speed, yes.

Klay is 6'7 himself, so he could play SF with little to no issues.

But please, don't let this trade happen.

Because then Love would be a Warrior or because you think you'll be drafting someone better than Klay at 7?

Back
Top Bottom