2014 NBA Draft Thread

Take Wiggins.

He can play right away, he can defend 3 positions. You can teach him to play inside an offense, to get looks, hit open shots.

You're never gonna teach any of these guys defense if they don't want to learn. Wiggins already plays D.

Embiid. Back and now the foot? Nah, man. Nah.

Hell noooooooo.......

Dion is another Nick Young. That is all.

roll.gif

indifferent.gif

He tried to be like Shaq. 

----

Isn't it funny Cleveland could've had Drummond, Oladipo, and Barnes.

Watch Embiid be healthy and end up being the most dominant big in the game and down the line everyone gonna say they should've drafted him.

Wiggins doesn't have that killer instinct. He is nothing more then a Tony Allen with more athleticism.

I hate to see Jabari in Milwaukee or Cleveland.

Jabari is the best in this class. Dude is raw and can rebound.

We'll see though. He has that killer instinct.
ive been around basketball my whole life and whoever can not tell how great of a basketball player jabari looks like he is going to be doesnt know a natural good basketball player when they see one.....dude is going to average min. 20 pts and 6 boards or even carmelo // prime paul pierce numbers someday

Embiid definitely ****** the Cavs draft plans too now. Neither Parker or Wiggins really fit next to LeBron if he was to come back.
So sick of hearing the LeBron return to Cleveland. 

It will never happen in life. 

NEVER EVER EVER!

He'll retire before he joins Cleveland again.

Give it up.

Hell noooooooo.......

roll.gif

indifferent.gif

He tried to be like Shaq. 

----

Isn't it funny Cleveland could've had Drummond, Oladipo, and Barnes.

Watch Embiid be healthy and end up being the most dominant big in the game and down the line everyone gonna say they should've drafted him.

Wiggins doesn't have that killer instinct. He is nothing more then a Tony Allen with more athleticism.

I hate to see Jabari in Milwaukee or Cleveland.

Jabari is the best in this class. Dude is raw and can rebound.

We'll see though. He has that killer instinct.
ive been around basketball my whole life and whoever can not tell how great of a basketball player jabari looks like he is going to be doesnt know a natural good basketball player when they see one.....dude is going to average min. 20 pts and 6 boards or even carmelo // prime paul pierce numbers someday
Agreed.

He has some speed on him too a lot of people think he's very slow.

Jabari's defense is a huge question mark.

Unless you mean we all know he sucks on defense, thus no need for a question mark. :lol:

So we can all agree that Jabari is the only player in the draft with no question marks?

That's somewhat his downfall as well. There's no speculation. His ceiling is pretty visible. Can score, plays no D, high basketball IQ, no athleticism (in comparison to today's players)

There isn't enough upside in drafting Parker #1. I'd rather trade the pick than draft him #1. In 1992? I'd take him. But not in today's game. No way.

Last edited:
Yea I figured defense isnt a question mark since we pretty much know he's average AT BEST :lol:

Seems weird though.....best player, born to score, can do everything offensively. But still not drafted #1.

Sure fire players more often than not pan out.

Last edited:
Has there ever been a prospect that didnt pan out whose biggest negative was "lacks a killer instinct"

I remember them saying the same thing about kd :lol:

KD no killer instinct.. haha.

It showed in these playoffs.

He never demanded the ball and was scared.

If Cleveland drafts Wiggy, Kyrie will be their main offensive weapon.

If they draft Bari, bari will be the main offensive weapon.

But lets be real.... No free agent wants to sign with Cleveland.

NOBODY!

Melo will be staying in NY. He wants that money.

Last edited:
Hell noooooooo.......

:rofl:

What the hell has Barnes done to prove that he is a better player than Dion? Seriously.

Dion at least knows how to score and proved it with his stats. Barnes, asides from a few highlight dunks, hasn't really shown much in his career.

I wanted Cavs to draft Barnes as well in 2012, and was disappointed that they reached (seemed so at the time) for Dion, but Dion showed that he can hang in the L. Barnes hasn't established anything yet, and so far he's just a complimentary player at best.

Jabari gives the Cavs the best chance to be a good team right now.. They take Wiggins and Kyrie will be ready to dip before he develops into a dependable NBA scorer.

Waiters isn't bad but he was a terrible pick to play alongside Kyrie. Bari can come in RIGHT NOW and take the load off Kyrie from the first game of the season.

Heard Stauskas is moving up the board :smokin.. I didnt eem know he was 6'6.. So basically he's Klay Thompson with better moves off the bounce? I know his defense is terrible but Klay wasnt being recognized for his defense til' he got in the league and worked on it I guess

Cavs not taking Andrew Wiggins #1 will haunt them for decades... Just got a guy feeling he'll end up being a superstar. Uber athletic Guys that can score off the bounce, flourish on the break and play great defense on the perimeter usually translate well to the NBA. I can't believe folks are comparing him to Tony Allen.

Last edited:
Cavs not taking Andrew Wiggins #1 will haunt them for decades... Just got a guy feeling he'll end up being a superstar. Uber athletic Guys that flourish on the break and play great defense on the perimeter usually translate well to the NBA. I can't believe folks are comparing him to Tony Allen.

:lol:

yea okay.

Wiggins = Jamario Moon

Cavs not taking Andrew Wiggins #1 will haunt them for decades... Just got a guy feeling he'll end up being a superstar. Uber athletic Guys that flourish on the break and play great defense on the perimeter usually translate well to the NBA. I can't believe folks are comparing him to Tony Allen.

:lol:

yea okay.

Wiggins = Jamario Moon

Bruh you don't even believe that. Stop it. :lol:

I'm not saying dude is going to be Jordan or Kobe, but he'll be a career 20,6 & 4 guy.

Last edited:
Kyrie, Dion, Jabari would need a a prime Pippen and Dikembe in order to have a decent defense :lol:

If Embiid is out of contention for number 1.. Wiggins seems like the obvious choice.

How far are people expecting Embiid to drop now? I still can't imagine he'd fall too far.. the injuries will be a concern, but you're still passing on a big man with that much potential.

laugh.gif

yea okay.

Wiggins = Jamario Moon
LOL. You not far though. We can throw in a little Gerald Green in there too.
Jabari gives the Cavs the best chance to be a good team right now.. They take Wiggins and Kyrie will be ready to dip before he develops into a dependable NBA scorer.

Waiters isn't bad but he was a terrible pick to play alongside Kyrie. Bari can come in RIGHT NOW and take the load off Kyrie from the first game of the season.

Yup. Parker will be the face of the franchise with Kyrie.

Wiggins will be just another dude who had hype, but he'll stick in the league because of his Defense.

Hell noooooooo.......

roll.gif

What the hell has Barnes done to prove that he is a better player than Dion? Seriously.

Dion at least knows how to score and proved it with his stats. Barnes, asides from a few highlight dunks, hasn't really shown much in his career.

I wanted Cavs to draft Barnes as well in 2012, and was disappointed that they reached (seemed so at the time) for Dion, but Dion showed that he can hang in the L. Barnes hasn't established anything yet, and so far he's just a complimentary player at best.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Your comparing a team with Klay, Curry, Iggy, Lee, Bogut a playoff team.

To a team with only Kyrie.

I let my eyes do the talking. Watch Barnes in the games. He is nice. You must've not seen him in the 2013 Playoffs I'm guessing???

He was killing for Warriors.

laugh.gif

yea okay.

Wiggins = Jamario Moon
Bruh you don't even believe that. Stop it.
laugh.gif

I'm not saying dude is going to be Jordan or Kobe, but he'll be a career 20,6 & 4 guy.
LMAOOOOOOOOO 20 6 and 4. LMAOOOOOOOO

more like 16 5 3.

Thats his prime too. So I'll give him 5 yrs before hr hits that.

12ppg this season.

Kyrie, Dion, Jabari would need a a prime Pippen and Dikembe in order to have a decent defense :lol:

If Embiid is out of contention for number 1.. Wiggins seems like the obvious choice.

How far are people expecting Embiid to drop now? I still can't imagine he'd fall too far.. the injuries will be a concern, but you're still passing on a big man with that much potential.

Man I could see him damn near falling to the fifth pick.

Cavs pick either Wiggins or Bari
Bucks already have Larry Sanders
76ers already have Noel
Magic already have the guy whose last name starts with a V (he's decent) and they need a PG

Kyrie, Dion, Jabari would need a a prime Pippen and Dikembe in order to have a decent defense
laugh.gif

He's not going past #5 or #6.

Noel was the #1 predicted pick and he went #5.

Draft Express has Embiid going to Orlando right now

It's tough to see a talent like Embiid falling any further than this, injury concerns and all. Orlando will certainly be looking to draft a player with star power, and Embiid ticks a lot of boxes on both ends of the court. They will likely be hoping to receive some assurances from Embiid's camp that his back and foot won't be long-term issues, but with two lottery picks and a solid center already in place, the Magic can afford to roll the dice here.

We've seen the idea of them going with a big at 4 and getting their PG with their 12th pick and it would be hard to pass up on Embiid. Yeah, they have Vucevic, but if Embiid develops and stays healthy, then you trade away Vucevic to address another need.

Back
Top Bottom