2014 NBA Draft Thread

Payne and Napier would be the perfect players for the Bulls to just come in and play immediately.

As said before, MCW-Wiggins-Randle-Noel would be somewhat of a strugglebus shooting but that's just too much talent and coachability from those four to fail. J-Rich will be back this year too and could give them some shooting at the 2, plus they have by far the most cap room in the league and Thad to use as a trade chip.

Vonleh at 7, try to buy a mid-late round pick, try to land LaVine somehow.

Chances are, 7 is all we'll get and it'll be Randle or Smart. Vonleh and Gordon get taken 5-6. :smh:

Vonleh hoping y'all get him so he doesn't have to play 9 years in Utah.

If the slicers could flip Thad for a late lottery pick and land Stauskas as well...

MCW/Stauskas/Wiggins/Randle/Nerlens

Fill the bench with some vets and :wow:

No chance.

You been killing me with the s/n edit. :lol:

i-seent-it.jpg

Doubt these players will be available at these picks.
Randle said his foot is fine and even if he has surgery it wouldn't be a serious one.
Stauskas >>>> Harris.  Playmaking ability has vastly improved and just a far better prospect in my eyes.
Someone in the lottery will gamble on LaVine and I think a team that doesn't need to win now should.
Would love to see Hood on the Thunder. Caron and KD would be good mentors. 
Grizzlies taking Stokes over PJ :smh:  Big mistake that would be. PJ could provide immediate scoring off bench.  Something Grizz need BADLY!
Spurs would be getting a heck of a player at 30 if this is the case

I'm not sure what Randle's strategy is when talking about his foot but he contradicted himself when talking about it. Woj reported he would need surgery and he would be out for 2 months and teams were worried. Randle responded saying nope, the foot is good. If I needed surgery, I wouldn't be working out...... but there is a minor issue, that may need surgery but it would keep me out only 12 weeks. Not a big deal.

Seems like he's just trying to downplay the foot thing by denying the report and agreeing with it at the same time. Even though he was denying it, I doubt that a team just lets him go through the off-season with a foot issue.

What is your ideal draft for the Lakers?

Chances are, 7 is all we'll get and it'll be Randle or Smart. Vonleh and Gordon get taken 5-6. :smh:
Gordon at #7 and Adams in the 20s!

Man, I wanted Gordon all year, and you pushed Vonleh.

Now I see Vonleh's measurables and switch and you go back to Gordon. :lol: What're we doin here?

We gon get stuck with Randle and I'm blamin your ***. :lol:

("stuck" with Randle :lol: )

I can't take this anymore guys.

For every 10 fans that went Embiid 10 want Wiggins and 10 want Parker.

Getting ridiculous :lol:

Cavs fans should only want Embiid, y'all already missed out on Drummond and even though I believe Wiggins and Bari will be great players I don't see how you can pass on Embiid.

People keep talking about these "All Youth" lineups with Philly like we would ever get a chance to see all of those guys in their prime playing together. :lol:

At the same time, its hard to imagine every single one of those guys fully reaching their potential if they all play on the same team. It looks nice on paper, but that's about it at this point. If they miraculous somehow pull off the luck OKC had with all of their picks, then it would be amazing to watch all of those guys play. But, I don't see it happening. 1 or 2 of those guys going forward will end up failing short of what they are projected to be, IMO.

Even when OKC drafted their players, no one was raving about a Westbrook, Harden, Durant, Ibaka lineup after the 2009 draft. I'm sure not many people thought Ibaka and Harden would be who they are today, let alone Westbrook.

Grizzlies taking Stokes over PJ mean.gif Big mistake that would be. PJ could provide immediate scoring off bench. Something Grizz need BADLY!

I think the Grizz think they can find a scorer via free agency or trade. Maybe PJ doesn't test well from an analytics view (which is something the Grizz are heavy on). I'm sure he's somewhere on their big board, but I think playmaking, athleticism is the most important thing. Stokes comes to mind because he tests well analytically and he's one guy that virtually replace Zbo going forward.

Last edited:

What is your ideal draft for the Lakers?

Gordon at #7 and Adams in the 20s!

Man, I wanted Gordon all year, and you pushed Vonleh.

Now I see Vonleh's measurables and switch and you go back to Gordon. :lol: What're we doin here?

We gon get stuck with Randle and I'm blamin your ***. :lol:

("stuck" with Randle :lol: )
Vonleh has the measurables and shown enough skills to be very attractive, but something about his turnover rate and low usage rate bothers me. And like OKB mentioned, his coordination and lack of elite explosiveness is concerning.

Gordon, I'm still worried about his jump shot, but he does everything else well.

Last edited:
Turnover rate and his usage rate have a LOT to do with the bad team and bad coach he played for.

He does struggle a bit in 1 on 1 situations but its not as bad as the numbers would suggest.

Last edited:
Definitely not a fan of Philly rolling out these youth movement lineups :lol: .. they're going to need a couple of veterans on that squad to show them the ropes. The potential is there though, especially if they end up with Wiggins and Randle.

Yea, usage rate has a lot to do with Crean stinking and him being in foul trouble too often. 

Then Lakers will never draft a Vonleh or a big man for 2 reasons:

1. As long as Kobe Bryant is on the team, he will be impatient with the process of developing a young big man and bi*** about it, i.e. the Andrew Bynum - Kobe Threat To Leave Rant

2. The Lakers ALWAYS ( yes ALWAYS) get the best big men in free agency. The Lakers org is like heaven for elite NBA big men (except D-Whine Coward). They feel as if "Why draft a big in his youth, when we can sign in his prime" (Kevin Love is basically begging for LA)

And for history purposes, the last big man (PF or C) the Lakers have used a 1st rounder on was Andrew Bynum. Before that...... Brian Cook

Last edited:
2. The Lakers ALWAYS ( yes ALWAYS) get the best big men in free agency. The Lakers org is like heaven for elite NBA big men (except D-Whine Coward). They feel as if "Why draft a big in his youth, when we can sign in his prime" (Kevin Love is basically begging for LA)

Free Agency? you mean TRADE right?

Shaq was the last Big FA acquisition.

Back
Top Bottom