2014 NBA Draft Thread

Wiggins and Randle on that Sixers squad would be :pimp:.

Shooting would be super struggle though, maybe you move Thad and a pick to bring in a wing who could stretch the floor?

Or take Stauskas instead of Randle.

Not surprised by Stokes at all :lol:

Payton (if he somehow falls to us)
Anderson
Stokes
Capella

are all on high on the Grizz list from what I know. Still trying to figure out other possible names.

Russ Smith is also high on their list, but mainly a 2nd rounder.

Last edited:
would you guys be surprised if Kawhi doesn't become an All-NBA player or even an AS next year or even the next few years? Yeah I know he won the Finals MVP at the age of 22 but if TP didn't have a bad shooting game in game 5, he doesn't become Finals MVP, point blank. And yeah I get that he's a beast defensively but you're not going to be a top flight SF with limited play-making ability, handles and offensive ability in today's game.

Last edited:
would you guys be surprised if Kawhi doesn't become an All-NBA player or even an AS next year or even the next few years? Yeah I know he won the Finals MVP at the age of 22 but if TP didn't have a bad shooting game in game 5, he doesn't become Finals MVP, point blank. And yeah I get that he's a beast defensively but you're not going to be a top flight SF with limited play-making ability, handles and offensive ability in today's game.

I would be surprised considering the depth of forwards in the all-star game every year. The only way I could see him making it is if a guy like Parker took a step back in scoring the basketball and Leonard led the team in scoring averaging like 15-17ppg. At the end of the day, it probably wouldn't be enough to give him All-NBA consideration.

Wiggins and Randle 
smokin.gif

Dear Lord if this happens! Two of the projected top 3 picks early in the season.

Im hoping for a combination of Wiggins,Parker/LaVine,Gordon, now Randle I guess but seems like a pipedream.

Dougie Fresh would probably fit in the best seeing as the 6ers cant shoot a lick but I just want to stockpile potential stars.

Then 1 more bad season, lottery selection and youve got one of if not the most talented young team in the L

Ford Mock Draft 8.0:
10. Sixers - Randle
13. T'Wolves - Stauskas
17. Celtics - LaVine
21. Thunder - Hood
24. Hornets - Hairston
30. Spurs - Early
Doubt these players will be available at these picks.

Randle said his foot is fine and even if he has surgery it wouldn't be a serious one.

Stauskas >>>> Harris.  Playmaking ability has vastly improved and just a far better prospect in my eyes.

Someone in the lottery will gamble on LaVine and I think a team that doesn't need to win now should.

Would love to see Hood on the Thunder. Caron and KD would be good mentors. 

Grizzlies taking Stokes over PJ 
mean.gif
 Big mistake that would be. PJ could provide immediate scoring off bench.  Something Grizz need BADLY!

Spurs would be getting a heck of a player at 30 if this is the case

You could argue Diaw MVP before Parker IMO, Kawhi was the clear cut MVP

Stats for the 4 Spurs Wins:

Tony Parker - 69 Pts, 2 Rebs, 16 Assts, 0 Blks, 3 Stls, 9 TOs

Kawhi Leonard - 80 Pts, 30 Rebs, 7 Assts, 6 Blks, 7 Stls, 9 TOs

Kawhi outplayed him in every aspect

Last edited:

I might be wrong but the finals MVP always go to the player with the highest scoring output. I don't remember the last time this wasn't true, though.
 In the mordern NBA, its never happened and isnt happening. It happened a few times in the 70s.p>

Tony had an average series but he was hurt and just didnt want to say anything about it.

Last edited:
It would be a mistake to take Stokes over PJ for Memphis but like bhz alluded to, that kid was basically born to play for the Grizz. :lol:

Also I don't think the Memphis organization is down with taking a kid with character issues like PJ no matter his talent.

Stats for the 4 Spurs Wins:

Tony Parker - 69 Pts, 2 Rebs, 16 Assts, 0 Blks, 3 Stls, 9 TOs

Kawhi Leonard - 80 Pts, 30 Rebs, 7 Assts, 6 Blks, 7 Stls, 9 TOs

Kawhi outplayed him in every aspect
i definitely agree with you that Leonard should be the finals MVP but I thought it normally go to the highest scoring player on the winning team.

Back
Top Bottom